Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's been awhile since I did any hacking, does the 3DS have to be all the way into CFW before I can use Decrypt9? Or can I just load up an entry point, grab the console's seeds with Decrypt9 and be done then? I have an o3DS on 10.7 but really can't be bothered with the downgrading process.

BasedFrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but if nintendo is willing to ban everyone because their id was a victim of being used online then nintendo will be hated for multitude of reasons and end up in a hell of a storm
I could see it somewhat working in LARGE numbers but in the end it will be utter chaos.

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but if nintendo is willing to ban everyone because their id was a victim of being used online then nintendo will be hated for multitude of reasons and end up in a hell of a storm
Apparently not. If you visit legit Pokemon sites and channels, most people are supporting this ban wave. People hate pirates and hacked pokemon. Yes, there will be a few innocent people who got banned in the crossfire, but those people can just contact Nintendo and unban themselves.
So... Nintendo 1, Bad guys Zero.

Last edited by ILSATS,
Reactions: gamered

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been awhile since I did any hacking, does the 3DS have to be all the way into CFW before I can use Decrypt9? Or can I just load up an entry point, grab the console's seeds with Decrypt9 and be done then? I have an o3DS on 10.7 but really can't be bothered with the downgrading process.
you have to be able to get arm9 code exec. using either a9lh or an arm9 exploit. the latter of which can only be done on 9.2 and below. so yeah, youll have to downgrade it

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

It's only because of luck they aren't now. If more stores would've breached contract and sold the games before the 16th, (assuming the likely scenario that they banned based only on login time and not by any other device/game/version ID) more innocents would be banned and there could be a larger sh*tstorm out there.

LunaBeauty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently not. If you visit legit Pokemon sites and channels, most people are supporting this ban wave. People hate pirates and hacked pokemon. Yes, there will be a few innocent people who got banned in the crossfire. But those people can just contact Nintendo and unban themselves.
So... Nintendo 1, Bad guys Zero.
yeah support the ban wave until someone steals their console ID and gets it banned "yo can you unban my id" "if we unban you we unban the pirates too" so they will hate us and nintendo but still :^) hell if we figure out how to generate movable.seds and lfcs nintendos ban system has become garbage

Retnuah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I have a couple of questions regarding this. Can I use Decrypt9 without ARM9LoaderHax? Or I must install the hax in order to use Decrypt9? I have a 9.2 SysNand o3DS ATM, I'ts been a while since I modified my console (Hell, I had RXTools for a long time and I just recently updated to Luma). Sorry for being a noob or bothering but I'm starting to become interested on this again.

TylerToilet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am unbanned now but can I link my NNID to my 3DS again or not? I 'swapped' my movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with my 'old' 3DS (my 3DS before I installed arm9) and also changed my serial number in SecureInfo_A can I restore nnidsave.bin with my NNID on it or will I get banned. I would call Nintendo and ask them to unlink but they are closed where I live so.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They banned not only pirates and early (contract-breaking) buyers but freakin' reviewers for Pete's sake!
Those people were told not to go online. Its their own fault. Its rumored that the legit cart users banned (only got the 102 error) are only temp banned. Confirmed pirates (people using the cia version) are most likely perma-banned. Case-in-point.

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah support the ban wave until someone steals their console ID and gets it banned "yo can you unban my id" "if we unban you we unban the pirates too" so they will hate us and nintendo but still :^) hell if we figure out how to generate movable.seds and lfcs nintendos ban system has become garbage
As I told you, those "innocent" people will be few and it won't affect Nintendo.
And...stealing console ID and gets it banned ? not gonna happen.

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys, one question: I live in germany (EU), and i am playing now (offline to be safe) Pokemon Moon USA RF.Cia (i will install Pokemon Sun too in few minutes and this will be USA RF.cia too...).

In 4 days in EU pokemon Moon + Sun gets released. Until there i need to play the USA version OFFLINE because i have a high bann risk if i play online with a EU console in EU.

My Question is now, what happens with the Save ? can i use in 4 days "JKSM" to backup my save -> remove Pokemon Moon+Sun (USA+RF) -> Install Pokemon Moon+Sun (EU+RF) -> Open JKSM and restore save ? would the save be compatible from the USA version to EU ? i want to go online with the EU version in 4 days, so what happens if i use the EU version with a USA save if i go online ? do i get connected with USA servers ? so my chances gettin' banned, will be still high... in this case i would delete the save and start the whole game new...

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo already shipped 10 million copies. A few thousands pirates got banned ? Not "LARGE".
I'd say a few thousand innocent people banned is a LARGE problem.....

Edit: also keep in mind a single pirate could get multiple innocents banned if he repeatedly gets rebanned and changes the ID again.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
"they just need to compare the deviceID to the list they have - because they're known to have a CTCert database - and ban something else if missing, such as friend seed or NNID)"

What did Aurora mean by this?
Does this mean using blank NNIDs and injected friend seeds will lead to bans?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.