Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I'm going to al9h my other console and try to see if a system transfer will generate a new movable.sed. That way at the very worst people can offer/sell newly generated movable.sed files, even if it is a pain (assuming it generates a new one even with repeated system transfers)

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Jesus christ, I'm exhausted already. So many conflicting reports/opinions. I'm installing the legit cart dump, which is version 0 just like the leak (and for some reason I thought it'd be version 32). At this point I don't know who to believe or what to do anymore. So either the bans were just for people palying online before release, or also for it being version 0.

The latter shouldn't be simply because I don't see how come Nintendo didn't do this for any other game before (don't all cart dumps say version0? I never checked).

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh yea.. so if we play the same leaked CIA now, it would be safe right?
assuming the leaked Ver0 is same as todays cart Ver0?
so right now, it doesnt matter ver 0/16/32, all of em is legit now?
In theory yes!
They should all be legit. The Global link has also gone live now so all the features should be useable.

xurion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The online game ban has had a bypass for ages already, you just need a second 3DS or one that has done a system transfer before, this is definitely not the one most people are annoyed by.

Won't argue with that but everybody don't have 2 or more 3DS and/or the money to buy one.

DashAhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't believe any shit if this is temporary or not until December 1st or 15 days pass. Has 002 historically been temporary and 022 permanent?

Last edited by DashAhead,

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The online game ban has had a bypass for ages already, you just need a second 3DS or one that has done a system transfer before, this is definitely not the one most people are annoyed by.
Yeah, except maybe those who never had a 2nd 3DS at all. But who cares about those right? It's their fault for not being able to do this simple solution that doesn't apply to everyone.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if the 3ds refuseing to connect is software level so like this the Nintendo servers tell the 3ds is banned so it refuses to connect if this is the case you could patch it out

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus christ, I'm exhausted already. So many conflicting reports/opinions. I'm installing the legit cart dump, which is version 0 just like the leak (and for some reason I thought it'd be version 32). At this point I don't know who to believe or what to do anymore. So either the bans were just for people palying online before release, or also for it being version 0.

The latter shouldn't be simply because I don't see how come Nintendo didn't do this for any other game before (don't all cart dumps say version0? I never checked).

From what I can tell, the version number had nothing to do with it and was just people spouting shit. It appears to me that Nintendo is able to tell whether someone is using an Eshop game/.Cia or a cartridge/.3ds. The lesser ban which is probably temporary was for people using a cartridge and going online before release and the one other which seems permanent was for people who went online with a cia/eshop version of the game before there was a legit way to get one.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus christ, look back at these pages, there are several posts about this including proof and myself asked for a friend, too. You arent really clever, are you?
Sorry no one has enough time as you to sit all day and monitor a thread thats going way off topic, please continue with your jobless-ness, cheers.

Reactions: j5c077

Cramot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jesus christ, look back at these pages, there are several posts about this including proof and myself asked for a friend, too. You arent really clever, are you?

Not to be rude, but those are conflicting emails. Some look completely different than others, some say that the length of the ban is unknown, some say that it's permament, and there was even one that claimed it was 15 days iirc. Only NoJ actually knows the length, so speculating here won't bring us anything.

However, if it is permanent, we'll find a way, we always do

Reactions: Treeko

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It had everything to do with the version. Nintendo could ban you because of the following reasons: (AND I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE THINK NINTENDO ONLY USED 1 METHOD TO BAN PEOPLE. THEY CAN USE A COMBINATION OF ALL OF THEM).
- The leaked CIA had version as 0. Therefore it was obvious that you pirated the leak and used it as CIA instead of a cart.
- Also, by playing via CIA before the game was released on Eshop, you basically told Nintendo that you were a pirate (you cannot have an Eshop game before release unless you pirate it).
- Nintendo also banned people for playing early before release date, retail cart or not.

No it doesn't

The "leaked version of 0" is the cart dump. Any cart that is dumped will have a version of 0.
This part I can get behind. I'm sure they can tell if it's a cart or a.cia based on header info.

Nintendo also banned people for playing early before release date, retail cart or not. - Right so how does the version number have anything to do with anything. I think Nintendo just banned everyone..or mostly everyone who got on their servers early.

Reactions: Lerhein

quanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have also been e-mails from nintendo saying the ban is temp. Only the people who decided to enforce the ban know how long it will last. You really think the call center employees know? They look at the error code and speculate just like you. Just wait a couple days to find out and stop speculating.

Reactions: Lerhein

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it is not confirmed that both are perma bans, where's your proof if it is? don't spread false info, the situation is already getting out of hand thanks to people adding and spreading false news.
God. Countless people here have emailed, chatted, and called Nintendo then showed us bunch of proof already. Why are you guys so in denial ? If you want more "evidence", call Nintendo yourself.

Most likely that Nintendo didn't care before. But now, Sun & Moon is potentially their biggest release on 3DS ever, and somehow an idiot leaked it 10 days prior to release and god knows hundreds of thousands of people were playing the leak. If you were Nintendo, you would be pissed, right ? Now, what would you do if you were pissed ? That's right, just ban all those pirates.

huh?? i dont understand this part, why cia version needs to be 16/32?
arent those just Eshop Version of S/M?
If you play on cart, then the version will be 0
If you play via Eshop download, then the version will be 16/32
Therefore, if you play by CIA (which is equal to Eshop download), then your version needs to be 16/32. Otherwise, it will flag you as a pirate. You cannot have a cart version installed as CIA in your system, unless you were pirating.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry no one has enough time as you to sit all day and monitor a thread thats going way off topic, please continue with your jobless-ness, cheers.
What kind of douchebag are you? I saw them randomly popping up here, if you know it better, get off gbatemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: How to automate the un-automatable.