Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Jhayym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I had originally done a system transfer on this system, so the LFS and moveable.sed were completely different.

The only thing to worry about now is if there's a way to hardset a new console ID instead of just RAM editing, that way it won't look weird when a banned console ID shows up online.

U have different LFC values which should change how your console id appears.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just did the LFCS thing and it didn't seem to work...still get the error when i load up my friends list.

the movable.sed and LFCS are totally different. i don't know what i did wrong.
Did you copy the correct offsets?
How can I manage to do that ?
With FBI, or you can use something like TikSweeper

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, are people claiming the movable.sed they get once formatting is COMPLETELY identical to the original?

"Most of the System Format is done with FS:InitializeCtrFileSystem. This command updates the high u64 of the keyY stored in movable.sed."

"The movable.sed keyY high u64 is updated on the source 3DS during a System Transfer, and when doing a system format with System Settings."

"When you first enter the System Format menu, it will check if a NNID is linked. If there's a linked-NNID, it will then display: "Are you ready to connect to the Internet to check whether data can be formatted"? Continuing will only result in connecting to wifi for checking in with Nintendo's servers, which may fail if the console is banned. Once that's done it will continue with the usual system-format messages; proceeding will result in the NNID cookie, potentially still present on NAND backups or multiboot scenarios, being invalidated until the next sign-in (at which point even old sessions will be valid again)."

Am I missing something, or shouldn't that not be the case? If you system format, shouldn't there be at least some difference?

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you copy the correct offsets?

i think so. ignore the first 8 and the last 40? then copy over the entire original LFCS.

looking at my backup of my original LFCS it has the same amount of bytes as the new one so i'm fairly sure i did it right... they are definitely completely different.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, are people claiming the movable.sed they get once formatting is COMPLETELY identical to the original?

"Most of the System Format is done with FS:InitializeCtrFileSystem. This command updates the high u64 of the keyY stored in movable.sed."

"The movable.sed keyY high u64 is updated on the source 3DS during a System Transfer, and when doing a system format with System Settings."

"When you first enter the System Format menu, it will check if a NNID is linked. If there's a linked-NNID, it will then display: "Are you ready to connect to the Internet to check whether data can be formatted"? Continuing will only result in connecting to wifi for checking in with Nintendo's servers, which may fail if the console is banned. Once that's done it will continue with the usual system-format messages; proceeding will result in the NNID cookie, potentially still present on NAND backups or multiboot scenarios, being invalidated until the next sign-in (at which point even old sessions will be valid again)."

Am I missing something, or shouldn't that not be the case? If you system format, shouldn't there be at least some difference?
Maybe tinyformat works differently from the built in reformat?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There definitely should be a difference (which I think I sort of confirmed by replacing the bytes in the moveable.sed and it forcing the DS to act formatted) but for some reason there isn't. I can only speak for myself but I did a full system format, as well as using TinyFormat and compared the dumps off all 3, which were the same. I then compared the dumps of every sysNAND backup I've made since installing A9LH (9.2-11.2) and every single one of them had identical files as well.

Reactions: fodder

lordnelson0405

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Old3ds has both sed and lfc different
N3ds has both sed and lfc different
Weird. My o3ds had LFS and SED different but the n3ds has the same localfriendcodeseed as both movable.sed files, the one from before arm9 install and after.
So apperantly I could unban my o3ds but not the n3ds. They did system transfer.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. My o3ds had LFS and SED different but the n3ds has the same localfriendcodeseed as both movable.sed files, the one from before arm9 install and after.
So apperantly I could unban my o3ds but not the n3ds. They did system transfer.
So now we can ask if there is a difference between the way the RAM processes work in CTRNAND regarding the moveable.sed and a system format/transfer in O3DS vs. N3DS. Perhaps there is something else we didn't know about the reasoning behind the "not so much more efficient" updated RAM.

Jhayym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

from what I understand, it will only generate a new value when you do system transfer as youre using the old value to the destination 3ds. once you do system transfer you have to reformat right? then thats when it generates a new one since the old is going to be transferred.

so maybe thats what the twitter guy does. transfer extract copy repeat.

just speculation

Reactions: Majickhat55
D

Deleted User

So the current thought is that At the time of transfer, the 3ds each has an id each. Id 1 is moved to 3ds#2. Id 2 is destroyed, and a New ID3 is made on 3ds#1?

Am I following that train of thought correctly?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I understand, it will only generate a new value when you do system transfer as youre using the old value to the destination 3ds. once you do system transfer you have to reformat right? then thats when it generates a new one since the old is going to be transferred.

so maybe thats what the twitter guy does. transfer extract copy repeat.

just speculation
I would say the same except if he were doing that everyone would have unique LFS, but at least three got identical files.

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW THANKS GUYS! i was injecting my original LFCS instead of my new one i made... i'm a huge dunce.

BUT IT WORKED! i'm back online! thank you so much to everyone who helped me with this and the super bros who figured it out in the first place. you guys are truly excellent.

and i guess now we wait and see if nintendo bans us for doing this haha!

good luck to everyone who had the same movable and LFCS. i really hope we can sort you guys out sooner than later.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW THANKS GUYS! i was injecting my original LFCS instead of my new one i made... i'm a huge dunce.

BUT IT WORKED! i'm back online! thank you so much to everyone who helped me with this and the super bros who figured it out in the first place. you guys are truly excellent.

and i guess now we wait and see if nintendo bans us for doing this haha!

good luck to everyone who had the same movable and LFCS. i really hope we can sort you guys out sooner than later.
BTW people should realize (if they don't already) if you do get banned again from using a donor LFS, it's essentially that, you've just banned another console when you thought one was bad enough. Please be cautious.

Reactions: demounit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here