Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still don't think 'all' of the rumour going on are confirmed. I read this thread, but mostly I can understand is that most of the ban are caused by going online. what I mean about the uncorfirmed are like "getting banned because inserting the early received catridges", "getting banned just because installing the pirated game" and "gerring banned because of CFW even if never instal S/M"
Judging by the posts I've seen all over the place this morning, I'd say the only real risk is if you went online with the game. There are 2 people in this thread that claimed they did NOT go online, but were banned. NO ONE using a legit cart or flashcart with proper header has reported a ban yet that I have seen. For the people that claim that they didn't go online but were banned, either they did go online by accident and didn't notice, or maybe because of the cia being version 0, looking for an update for the game, and POSSIBLY even having WiFi on with the system in sleep (this is when the 3ds checks for updates) could have caused it? I can't say for sure, but there are very few reports of people claiming to be banned when they did not use online feature. This seems to pertain only to people who played online, using the leaked cia copy.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reposting because I'd really like some input on this idea.

Been thinking - if I also dump the certs and localfriendseed on the banned console - if a better fix ends up showing up, surely i could inject the files from banned back into banned and not banned back into not banned? At least to me that seems the safest approach for the smallest chance of repercussions.

I just dumped and backup up the files of both consoles so before I inject...

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, as I read the shitton of pages in this thread, I came to the conclusion that most people that were banned being online were using Wonder Trade. Just something to take into consideration

Rurounik99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got baned but still can see friends online:

Attachments

• IMG_20161116_134414456.jpg
    IMG_20161116_134414456.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20161116_134300524.jpg
    IMG_20161116_134300524.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 97

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You could just delete certs.db and the console will create another one.
That will break your installed games so you'd have to have DevMenu or FBI as Health & Safety to install any game and fix that.

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Judging by the posts I've seen all over the place this morning, I'd say the only real risk is if you went online with the game. There are 2 people in this thread that claimed they did NOT go online, but were banned. NO ONE using a legit cart or flashcart with proper header has reported a ban yet that I have seen. For the people that claim that they didn't go online but were banned, either they did go online by accident and didn't notice, or maybe because of the cia being version 0, looking for an update for the game, and POSSIBLY even having WiFi on with the system in sleep (this is when the 3ds checks for updates) could have caused it? I can't say for sure, but there are very few reports of people claiming to be banned when they did not use online feature. This seems to pertain only to people who played online, using the leaked cia copy.

thats what I mean, that only some rumour confirmed.
the other rumour like getting banned because getting the ctridge early or getting banned because of using cfw really looks like spread by salty people IMO(I've seen some ppl keeps talking about banning people who don't buy their game on reddit).
and in the end the only fully confirmed rumour is people that getting banned because of playing online on SM
the rumour about the legit cart ban I saw mostly on facebook where people saying they received the cart early and some people are just too jealous and flooding the thred with curses and rumours

Last edited by gunfort,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what I mean, that only some rumour confirmed.
the other rumour like getting banned because getting the ctridge early or getting banned because of using cfw really looks like spread by salty people IMO(I've seen some ppl keeps talking about banning people who don't buy their game on reddit).
and in the end the only fully confirmed rumour is people that getting banned because of playing online on SM
The information we have now is as good as its gonna get. There is no way the internet is going to break down EXACTLY what did and didn't cause bans, why some people can access Miiverse and others can't. Nothing on the internet is ever 100% fully confirmed. There will always be idiots that THINK they did something, but end up posting wrong information. The best you can do is look at the majority and make an educated assumption.

D

Deleted_389188

should secureinfo_a also be dumped and injected along with the certs and localfriendseed or no?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT