Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sadly we won't be able to confirm all of the banning rumours going around since I saw too much salty people cursing and hoping a ban for anyone play or get the game early even if those people get the catridge early from trusted distributors

even on reddit 3ds hacking QA I saw people hoping for nintendo to ban anyone who play games that are not on their purchase list

Last edited by gunfort,

Wheaties~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get onto Miiverse. I can also play my Wii U online. My 3DS seems to be a pure console ban.

Actually, that might be the difference between the two bans. NNIDs with only 3DS registered gets NNID ban, NNID with Wii U+3DS gets console banned, and 3DS without NNID gets console banned.

Reactions: kalkito and fodder

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly we won't be able to confirm all of the banning rumours going around since I saw too much salty people cursing and hoping a ban for anyone play or get the game early even if those people get the catridge early from trusted distributors
Did you even read this thread? Its absolutely confirmed. Tons of people here are banned. Also, not too many people here are angry at pirates.... Most here are banned themselves, or just curious what's going on.

worryfaraway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never heard of anything like that. I just went online with MK7 on my 3DS just fine, and I have the sun and moon cia's installed. I have never had the WiFi, or even game sharing in the friends setting, turned on while playing the game. I HAVE used the WiFi for other games in the past, with those cia's installed.

Could you please inbox me if you have any ban notifications? :D

Thing is that Log activy is also generated from physical copies of the game I think. Nintendo are being careful not to ban someone with a Physical version of the game. Also, remember they will have to look through the log of millions of people around the world. I dont think its an option for them.

Many people are saying scary things about having log activity checked. :(

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been thinking - if I also dump the certs and localfriendseed on the banned console - if a better fix ends up showing up, surely i could inject the files from banned back into banned and not banned back into not banned? At least to me that seems the safest approach for the smallest chance of repercussions.

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Did you even read this thread? Its absolutely confirmed. Tons of people here are banned. Also, not too many people here are angry at pirates.... Most here are banned themselves, or just curious what's going on.

still don't think 'all' of the rumour going on are confirmed. I read this thread, but mostly I can understand is that most of the ban are caused by going online. what I mean about the uncorfirmed are like "getting banned because inserting the early received catridges", "getting banned just because installing the pirated game" and "gerring banned because of CFW even if never instal S/M"

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have another console but it is on 11.1 OFW. I guess we can just hope the ban is tempoary? Or make a new NNID by calling Nintendo for an unlink.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o