Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote from a guy on Reddit.

"I just spoke with Nintendo on the phone, I don't know if this helps anyone in any way but what I gathered was this:

There are two bans, one for playing the game early and one for playing the game illeagly (pirated download), that's why theres a eshop ban and a full online ban.

They will not comment at all no matter how much I asked them if it was permanent or not. They just kept saying their hands were tied in the situation and they won't reveal anything.

I kept telling them that I had a legit copy from my friend at Gamestop (lol) and they could 100% tell that my console had played a pirated copy of the game.

My guess would be that the people who got JUST the eshop ban is temporary, and consoles like mine who are banned from all online is permanent."
They were suppose to ask for a picture and serial number of the game that's been confirmed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What we know so far !!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep this reposted every 30 mins and add on too it plz and thank you - @decorating - cred too @OkazakiTheOtaku
https://gyazo.com/8f410a4ac13edaf2ff28fc0b80d6de2f
https://gyazo.com/895eab1af84e7a1b4fc45c94c13368c7
https://gyazo.com/07d6f24e795b227cce31bf5750a30982
Sun title id: 0004000000164800

Moon title id: 0004000000175E00

Delete either for which you have installed, if both, delete both.
Thanks @proflayton123 for the codes^
(Use tikSweep if you ran the game wait till launch and clear it save your file to jksm or savedatafiler there were two versions v0.0 & 0.32 everyone banned had 0.0 you are most likely to get banned if you are online if you want to know if you're not banned check mario kart , friendlists , eshop)
What we been told people who own original cartridges have been banned too they been set bail 14 day bans pray we are on the same boat !!!!!!!
May nintend gods bless us all
(Not sure if i wanna keep reposting this but this was all as far as yesterday went nothing I got today so far... if you're going too get the game delete lurantis cia wait till after launch for your state maybe a day or two )

Last edited by Decorations,

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

"I just spoke with Nintendo on the phone, I don't know if this helps anyone in any way but what I gathered was this:

There are two bans, one for playing the game early and one for playing the game illeagly (pirated download), that's why theres a eshop ban and a full online ban.

They will not comment at all no matter how much I asked them if it was permanent or not. They just kept saying their hands were tied in the situation and they won't reveal anything.

I kept telling them that I had a legit copy from my friend at Gamestop (lol) and they could 100% tell that my console had played a pirated copy of the game.

My guess would be that the people who got JUST the eshop ban is temporary, and consoles like mine who are banned from all online is permanent."

But how the fk did they identify the pirated version?
The version string is the same as the cartridge. The only thing they couldve checked is the header which wouldnt have been a private one

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

What about those who have been banned from online games, but not from eshop?

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The version string is the same as the cartridge. The only thing they couldve checked is the header which wouldnt have been a private one
I'd like to know this as well, considering the dumped copy is the same as a cartridge.

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Server wise only they can't check if it's a real copy or not so can't say he's telling the truth

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about those who have been banned from online games, but not from eshop?
They said it's not only been pokemon moon or sun but falls in the category of cias

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a second, I just realized.. If I have a nand backup from
I called them and they told me the ban was permanent.

I said a friend got the game early and let me borrow it. The guy told me it ran unauthorized code and that I should be careful about what I put into my 3DS and that they can't lift the ban. He also told me it has nothing to do with playing the game early but that the game had unauthorized code (still under the impression I was using a physical copy, mind you).

Now I don't know if they are just saying this or if its true, but that's all the info I have for now.

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got abit of info. I changed my device id in ram using NTR, and guess what?

my error changed. 2501 this time. Probably confirming I'm NNID banned aswell.

Gonna wipe out the NNID & try again, see if the new device id will work to make a new NNID.
Interesting. I thought it wasn't a NNID ban. Unless they ban the NNID from logging into the console.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait a second, I just realized.. If I have a nand backup from

I called them and they told me the ban was permanent.

I said a friend got the game early and let me borrow it. The guy told me it ran unauthorized code and that I should be careful about what I put into my 3DS and that they can't lift the ban. He also told me it has nothing to do with playing the game early but that the game had unauthorized code (still under the impression I was using a physical copy, mind you).

Now I don't know if they are just saying this or if its true, but that's all the info I have for now.

but there is no fkin unauthorized code.
I could literally compare both code.bin in exeFS of cartridge and the lurantis CIA and im 1000% sure it will be the same
The version string is v.0 on both so wat????

Reactions: Decorations

hmr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please someone give me a help

I have been banned on a o3ds w/ luma

And I have another o3ds Japanese on 11.0.0 stock

I don't like to hardmod stuffs, there is another way to unblock my Japanese 3ds?

I have a sky3ds blue too, I can play newer games with it?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I believe the seed is out and 100% legit now meaning the cia presumably's just the preload no? So it'd be like buying off eshop/preordering then it unlocking (with the seed)
I think.

And just to confirm, that would be safe to do, so they cant tell the difference?

The thing is: If the leaked lurantis .cia is flawed like i read here, then they CAN tell if we are playing a pirated copy. Thats why i want to know if the new .cia and that seed would be ok to avoid that situation.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could literally compare both code.bin in exeFS of cartridge and the lurantis CIA and im 1000% sure it will be the same

No idea. I'm sure its not an NNID ban either because I can log into my WiiU and Miiverse online with no problem. I think they are just cutting their losses and saying fuck you to anyone who got the game early.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess you should do that to check.
Because if it was actually running modified/unauthorized code, everyone who got the Lurantis CIA is basically fucked.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just to confirm, that would be safe to do, so they cant tell the difference?

The thing is: If the leaked lurantis .cia is flawed like i read here, then they CAN tell if we are playing a pirated copy. Thats why i want to know if the new .cia and that seed would be ok to avoid that situation.
Supposedly the freeshop has sun/moon now and detects the leaked cia indicating no difference between the two copies so honestly zero clue if the leak is bad at this point perhaps it was just all of us somehow obtaining the game early and using the servers (reviewers told not to) easy trap there.
It should be perfectly safe though yes. but keep in mind a majority of us are banned lmao so take our advice with a grain of salt I suppose.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea. I'm sure its not an NNID ban either because I can log into my WiiU and Miiverse online with no problem. I think they are just cutting their losses and saying fuck you to anyone who got the game early.
I guess?
I mean the false seed cant be it since other ppl got banned for online aswell so.
or maybe that was it? but they dont check the seed while starting the game. Its not like you start the game and it connects to the Kaguya server

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is just fear mongering. If they COULD tell, as it's been stated many many times we would have been banned long before this. 11.2 has been out for a while now and plenty have use "unauthorized" cart dumps to play online indefinitely without a hitch. None of that adds up at all. They are most likely just telling you they can to scare you away from piracy etc. They are a video game company.

Reactions: Noroxus

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

Isnt that the problem? That is not a cartridge, its a .cia... i dont know much about this im just assuming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Using the deck like a Wii u game pad and top screen on 65" tv