Gaming Has anyone done this succesfully?

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have Windows 7 for sometime now and before i used to have XP and i used WindowBlinds for Aero emulation so is there an Aero Emulator for 7, or do i have to wait for WindowBlinds 7, but there is also a Aero force hack, has anyone actually done it? I've tried it but its not there unless i have too high or low of a version ( before beta ) but i recently updated my card software wise ( Radeon 9200 ) so has anyone actually done it?

lord0fshred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i tried to get Aero working on 7 but wasn't successful. i tried 4 or 5 different things and nothing works, so i guess wait for the new WindowBlinds. let me know if you find a way to do it sooner.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh.... The default interface for Win7 IS Aero, so either you guys have terrible/unsupported video cards, or someone here(possibly you, possibly me) has no idea what the hell this is about.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aero worked for me right from the start, I didn't even install NVIDIA's drivers yet! Of course my video card is actually pretty good (9600GT), but I didn't expect it to work without the drivers. When I did a fresh install of Vista I had to get the driver for Aero to function. Maybe you have to install the driver?

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, it had Aero, but it didn't work with my video card which is newer than Vista itself. So I had to install NVIDIA's driver for Aero (or any 3D acceleration) to work. On one of my other computers Aero worked from the start. The thing is that MS makes very basic drivers and puts them in Windows, but they won't make your GPU function the way it is supposed to until you install a driver from the manufacturer.

And OP, go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx, under Windows 7 select 32 or 64-bit (whichever one you're using) > Radeon > pick any GPU (it doesn't matter, it's all the same driver). Even if your card is not listed the driver should work. Then maybe you will be able to turn Aero on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...