Has anyone done this succesfully?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Keeley, Apr 26, 2009.

Apr 26, 2009
  1. Keeley
    OP

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I have Windows 7 for sometime now and before i used to have XP and i used WindowBlinds for Aero emulation so is there an Aero Emulator for 7, or do i have to wait for WindowBlinds 7, but there is also a Aero force hack, has anyone actually done it? I've tried it but its not there unless i have too high or low of a version ( before beta ) but i recently updated my card software wise ( Radeon 9200 ) so has anyone actually done it?

2. lord0fshred

Member lord0fshred GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i tried to get Aero working on 7 but wasn't successful. i tried 4 or 5 different things and nothing works, so i guess wait for the new WindowBlinds. let me know if you find a way to do it sooner.

3. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    when i used windows 7, it had aero...

4. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Uhh.... The default interface for Win7 IS Aero, so either you guys have terrible/unsupported video cards, or someone here(possibly you, possibly me) has no idea what the hell this is about.

5. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Yeah, Win 7 Default is Aero, I have a pretty bad graphics card and it still works.

6. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    You should get the leaked RC of 7 or wait till the 5th of May for the official download

7. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Aero worked for me right from the start, I didn't even install NVIDIA's drivers yet! Of course my video card is actually pretty good (9600GT), but I didn't expect it to work without the drivers. When I did a fresh install of Vista I had to get the driver for Aero to function. Maybe you have to install the driver?

8. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Nothing needs to be installed, even the official beta version had Aero packed in. You must have some fake release or like a Vista beta somehow.

9. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh no, it had Aero, but it didn't work with my video card which is newer than Vista itself. So I had to install NVIDIA's driver for Aero (or any 3D acceleration) to work. On one of my other computers Aero worked from the start. The thing is that MS makes very basic drivers and puts them in Windows, but they won't make your GPU function the way it is supposed to until you install a driver from the manufacturer.

And OP, go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx, under Windows 7 select 32 or 64-bit (whichever one you're using) > Radeon > pick any GPU (it doesn't matter, it's all the same driver). Even if your card is not listed the driver should work. Then maybe you will be able to turn Aero on.