Homebrew Has anyone confirmed a 10.2 exploit is trying to be found?

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is it they look for? Why does ironhax work but not a different game?
A kernel exploit it gives you more access than regular homebrew apps and would allow you to do stuff only people on 9.2 and below can do if its found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ironhax is a userland exploit not kernel but it can be used as an entrypoint

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Cubic Ninja, SSB4, and OoT still work fine, I do believe. I'm using IronHax on 10.2, but that's not exactly something available to new users.
Since piracy states the downloading of free games is illegal, since Ironfall is free, is that piracy if I download it from someplace...? Can't we download the prepatched version of it somewhere and use it for Ironhax...?

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since piracy states the downloading of free games is illegal, since Ironfall is free, is that piracy if I download it from someplace...? Can't we download the prepatched version of it somewhere and use it for Ironhax...?
to install ironhax unpatched version you would need 3ds with kernel access which would require you to already have an entrypoint so its kind of pointless

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
to install ironhax unpatched version you would need 3ds with kernel access which would require you to already have an entrypoint so its kind of pointless
I just want to add a new entrypoint just in case a patch to Ninjhax comes out. I have Ninjhax, SSB3DShax,

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just want to add a new entrypoint just in case a patch to Ninjhax comes out. I have Ninjhax, SSB3DShax,
the only other entrypoint for 10.2 is oot3dhax right now

The 3DS is bound to fall into the abyss with the Wii... No longer supported, no more online... It's been out for a while.
not until kernel exploit for all versions come out before nintendo abandon it

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
the only other entrypoint for 10.2 is oot3dhax right now

not until kernel exploit for all versions come out before nintendo abandon it
9.9 EmuNand with eShop spoof. Even though spoofing doesn't work anymore for me...

amback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was to be predicted. With Gateway losing incentive due to CFW and DSTWO+ nobody else is capable or willing to disclose kernel exploits. You wanted this cake, and now you will have to eat it.

i have no doubt gateway have something up their sleeve, i mean letting sky 3ds be one of the only one that works on the latest sysnand is not good for gateway, which means their is an intensive for them to be at least trying to find a kernel exploit, and offer to work on the latest sysnand like their competitors. but yes i also get what you are saying

Last edited by amback,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know where you got your "statement of piracy" but ironfall being free to download today does not mean you can pirate it freely. It depends on the license and terms of use and I would bet it is only "legal" to download it (for free or otherwise) from the eshop.

Remember, even with free software, the owner can still tell you what you may or may not do with it.

In any case your idea still wouldn't work as everything is encrypted to individual consoles. There wouldn't be a way to install it without already having kernel access through another exploit.

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i have no doubt gateway have something up their sleeve, i mean letting sky 3ds be one of the only one that works on the latest sysnand is not good for gateway, which means their is an intensive for them to be at least trying to find a kernel exploit. but yes i also get what you are saying
Especially when there isn't an update for a long time like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back