1. Nicola

OP Nicola Member
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    Is there a log of run applications? Is it sent to sony even if you are not connected to PSN?

Mainly i'm worried about getting banned from PSN even if i buy a second PS4 to use original/online games.
    I haven't found any info like this for PS4, while i've seen a lot of research about it on Nintendo Switch.

2. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Yes people have been analysing a lot of different connections, there are a list of what to block in the AIO guide if you’re paranoid: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

I know Sony are sneaky and try spy through as many channels as possible, wouldn’t suprise me if they have a lot more methods than we currently know.

3. Nicola

OP Nicola Member
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    The other question then would be, if you install a fpkg on 5.05, uninstall it, and then update to the laster FW and log in on PSN, is there any log that you have that fpkg installer (and risk a ban)?

4. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    More than likely yes.

There will be a log somewhere of titles played and it won’t match legit tickets.

5. Earth97

Earth97 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Haven't followed the PS4 scene for a while, has anyone ever been banned by Sony for using a modded PS4?

6. HiBit

HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    No ban atm.

Earth97 likes this.
  7. Nicola

OP Nicola Member
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    Maybe a strategy could be buying PSN+ after updating to the official FW and forgetting about the mod, so that they'll want to keep you as client.

8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I would avoid it no matter what. If you really want it then get the second PS4 non jailbreak. For me, I wouldn't buy second PS4 just for online. I never liked ONLINE unless I want to play against someone like Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat, FIFA 2018. Those I dont mind. I dont liked other online games like multiplayers. I dont care about it.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I have, which is how I figured out which url's to block for system updates. I just had to sniff for them. anything else, I haven't look for really. however, using the same method, I was unable to detect game updates, so what I was doing is limited.

10. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I don't think enough people have given up piracy to go on PSN to know that.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - communication, analyzed, between