Has anyone analyzed the communication between your PS4 and Sony's servers?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Nicola, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Nicola
    OP

Nicola Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2014
    Madagascar
    Is there a log of run applications? Is it sent to sony even if you are not connected to PSN?

Mainly i'm worried about getting banned from PSN even if i buy a second PS4 to use original/online games.
    I haven't found any info like this for PS4, while i've seen a lot of research about it on Nintendo Switch.

2. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Yes people have been analysing a lot of different connections, there are a list of what to block in the AIO guide if you’re paranoid: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

I know Sony are sneaky and try spy through as many channels as possible, wouldn’t suprise me if they have a lot more methods than we currently know.

3. Nicola
    OP

Nicola Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2014
    Madagascar
    The other question then would be, if you install a fpkg on 5.05, uninstall it, and then update to the laster FW and log in on PSN, is there any log that you have that fpkg installer (and risk a ban)?

4. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    More than likely yes.

There will be a log somewhere of titles played and it won’t match legit tickets.

5. Earth97

Earth97 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Italy
    Haven't followed the PS4 scene for a while, has anyone ever been banned by Sony for using a modded PS4?

6. HiBit

HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2009
    Gambia, The
    No ban atm.

Earth97 likes this.
  7. Nicola
    OP

Nicola Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2014
    Madagascar
    Maybe a strategy could be buying PSN+ after updating to the official FW and forgetting about the mod, so that they'll want to keep you as client.

8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    I would avoid it no matter what. If you really want it then get the second PS4 non jailbreak. For me, I wouldn't buy second PS4 just for online. I never liked ONLINE unless I want to play against someone like Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat, FIFA 2018. Those I dont mind. I dont liked other online games like multiplayers. I dont care about it.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I have, which is how I figured out which url's to block for system updates. I just had to sniff for them. anything else, I haven't look for really. however, using the same method, I was unable to detect game updates, so what I was doing is limited.

10. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    I don't think enough people have given up piracy to go on PSN to know that.