Hacking Has anyone analyzed the communication between your PS4 and Sony's servers?

Nicola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Is there a log of run applications? Is it sent to sony even if you are not connected to PSN?

Mainly i'm worried about getting banned from PSN even if i buy a second PS4 to use original/online games.
I haven't found any info like this for PS4, while i've seen a lot of research about it on Nintendo Switch.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes people have been analysing a lot of different connections, there are a list of what to block in the AIO guide if you’re paranoid: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

I know Sony are sneaky and try spy through as many channels as possible, wouldn’t suprise me if they have a lot more methods than we currently know.

Nicola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
The other question then would be, if you install a fpkg on 5.05, uninstall it, and then update to the laster FW and log in on PSN, is there any log that you have that fpkg installer (and risk a ban)?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The other question then would be, if you install a fpkg on 5.05, uninstall it, and then update to the laster FW and log in on PSN, is there any log that you have that fpkg installer (and risk a ban)?

More than likely yes.

There will be a log somewhere of titles played and it won’t match legit tickets.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haven't followed the PS4 scene for a while, has anyone ever been banned by Sony for using a modded PS4?

Nicola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Maybe a strategy could be buying PSN+ after updating to the official FW and forgetting about the mod, so that they'll want to keep you as client.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would avoid it no matter what. If you really want it then get the second PS4 non jailbreak. For me, I wouldn't buy second PS4 just for online. I never liked ONLINE unless I want to play against someone like Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat, FIFA 2018. Those I dont mind. I dont liked other online games like multiplayers. I dont care about it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have, which is how I figured out which url's to block for system updates. I just had to sniff for them. anything else, I haven't look for really. however, using the same method, I was unable to detect game updates, so what I was doing is limited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.