Gaming Harvest Moon tale of two towns hype thread

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The last two HM games I really enjoyed were FoMT (best harvest moon EVAR) and Magical Melody.

I just couldn't get into Tree of Tranquility (felt kinda slow), and I didn't even try Animal Parade.

Sunshine Islands came and improved upon Island of Happiness, and it wasn't that bad.

Grand Bazaar was abysmal. Jumping? Ewww. The game was also really boring.

I hope that this one will be good. I SO hope so.

zygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess we will just have to wait around and see when it's dumped. Grand Bazaar was dumped the day after the release.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard absolutely nothing about the europe version and searched all over google. Gotta wait til Tuesday. I am very hyped!

azariaspice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm holding out for the 3DS version next month! I played a little of the Japanese DS rom, it's not too bad! I love Harvest Moon!

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why...I liked grand bazaar but it didn't feel like a "harvest moon" title. Maybe this will be better.
unsure.gif

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is there absolutely no info on a (E) release? There's no word at all about it even existing on google. Who're you gonna mary? I'm leading towards Ina; she's the mayor so maybe you get some power?

Moyie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just have to wait till tomorrow I guess! I'm so excited! Hopefully it will be better than Grand Bazaar because in all honesty, that game was boring in comparison to the earlier titles.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At the person who compared Taiko and Cooking Mama: LOLWTF?! 8D

Seriously though, I've tried HM games in the past and none of them have hooked me for more than 15 or 20 minutes -____- It's just such a REPETITIVE, BORING franchise in my opinion, and they never even try to change the formula to make it more appealing...

Think the furthest I got was on Rune Factory.. and that isn't even a proper HM game..

All my friends who play HM say "Ohh it's great, you just need to hang in there long enough to get to the next phase, get married, etc etc..."
but when the game itself is so tedious, why bother sticking around till then? lol

EDIT: Sorry if I sound critical (and I know this is a hype thread so my bad, lol)... And if this particular game is actually decent, then feel free to prove me wrong?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
according to that ds scene list we get the usa one first then europe if im correct im surprised the the europe hadnt came out yet

Zanahoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
suruz said:
EDIT: Sorry if I sound critical (and I know this is a hype thread so my bad, lol)... And if this particular game is actually decent, then feel free to prove me wrong?
If you don't like the gameplay, you won't like this one, period. But the games themselves are decent, and actually really good, maybe they're just not your cup of tea. Which is understandable.
smile.gif
I've been a fan of Harvest Moon for over 10 years now, and I actually like the fact that the games are so repetitive but there's always something new/different in every new game. And the games are quite popular which means I am probably not alone here...

According to some forums, some people already have the game, so it shouldn't take too long before we have the rom.
smile.gif

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zanahoria said:
suruz said:
If you don't like the gameplay, you won't like this one, period. But the games themselves are decent, and actually really good, maybe they're just not your cup of tea. Which is understandable.
smile.gif
I've been a fan of Harvest Moon for over 10 years now, and I actually like the fact that the games are so repetitive but there's always something new/different in every new game. And the games are quite popular which means I am probably not alone here...

According to some forums, some people already have the game, so it shouldn't take too long before we have the rom.
smile.gif
i hope they hurry but im not asking them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill