Gaming Harvest Moon tale of two towns hype thread

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many more days left and could some one tell me the other b4 grand bazaar came out i think im going to try playing them again if you could tell me them in order they came out that would be great

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the images i have seen it looks very good btw is the japanese one called twin town if so im going to play that to get a feel for it

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every day I get a little bit more hyped for this game. Where is it already!? Who're you gonna marry?

zygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking to picking this up as well, looks promising. Those who have played the japanese version have had good things to say about it.

I think it should be available pretty much everywhere by the end of next week. I think the release is Tuesday coming.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zygirl said:
Looking to picking this up as well, looks promising. Those who have played the japanese version have had good things to say about it.

I think it should be available pretty much everywhere by the end of next week. I think the release is Tuesday coming.
I hope so I have been play the jp one even though I don't undstand it but I play it to get a feel for what it going to be like kinda like a tester to see if I ll buy it and im going to going reserve a copy on monday when I pick up my dqmj2 copy btw if I reserve my copy now can I still get the bonus item at gamestop?

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I thought the EU was coming out a week early; guess not. This is my most anticipated game at the moment.

Moyie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I posted this on the fugo/Ushi No Tane forums, but I thought I'd drop this in here too since I saw this thread:

I figured it's something people would probably be interested to know if they're going to be playing it on a DS rather than through an Emulator.

So, I tried out the (J) version of the game just so I could get a feel for the controls because the controls are always an issue of complaint for me about some of the games. Particularly in Grand Bazaar... I really hated that the game designers switched the interact Button from A to B. I threw so many gifts on the floor during the first couple of days of playing GB. Anyway, I digress. Here's what I found out:

Controls
A - Interact/Talk
B - Jump
Y - Use Held Item
+Pad - Run/Walk direction
L - Hold down to run
R - Quick Equip Menu
Select - Changes Map Perspective

Saving is only available when you're about to go to bed (like in Grand Bazaar).
Items aren't automatically put into your inventory when you pick them up (which is what happened in Sunshine Islands).
You can't double jump like in Grand Bazaar - I don't know if you'll learn to later on.

That's what I've gathered for now. I'm glad that the interact button is back to being A, but I don't really like the fact that I have to hold down the left shoulder button to run. I liked in Grand Bazaar that you only have to press it once, but holding it down is going to get tiring AND the shoulder buttons on the NDS systems have a tendency to break quite easily. Or at least that's what I've been told. I'm also a little disappointed about the Save option, but that's probably just me. Other than those two gripes, the controls seem to be pretty decent.

Jlarinda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Moyie said:
L - Hold down to run

Noooooo DX! Arghhhh I don't mind the bit about saving really, but jfc. Holding the damned button to run is such a pain in the ass, specially if it's the shoulder ones. It cramps up my hand so bad after a while of playing. Why would they ever pick that system over just switching it on/off?

Thanks for sharing the info though, it's usually not something that'd be shared much before the game's released.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I honestly don't like Harvest Moon that much. I love Rune Factory though, maybe the combat makes it better for me.

Moyie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jlarinda said:
Moyie said:
L - Hold down to run

Noooooo DX! Arghhhh I don't mind the bit about saving really, but jfc. Holding the damned button to run is such a pain in the ass, specially if it's the shoulder ones. It cramps up my hand so bad after a while of playing. Why would they ever pick that system over just switching it on/off?

Thanks for sharing the info though, it's usually not something that'd be shared much before the game's released.

I know right. I just didn't understand it. When I was playing around with the controls and I realised that I had to hold down the L button to run I was like '... are you effing serious?!' Apparently RPGfan did some sort of interview with the VP of Operations at Natsume, Graham Markay, and he said it was only a toggle, so maybe it's just in the Japanese version... We can only hope.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flaming_reign said:
There's two more days until the release date (September 20th) for the DS version and 23 more days (October 11th) for the 3DS version.
ok thanks just wondering why we havent got scene release yet as well maybe one be up soon

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I am really hyped for the game. The release schedual said it should have been dumped days ago in Europe, and tuesday/wednesday for USA. But the europe one hasn't been dumped. Also in regards to the person that doesn't like these games and loves rune factory, that was me as well but I find these games relaxing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: