Gaming Harvest Moon: Rune Factory

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking for a good time consuming game that will last for a while, and then I remembered these games. I've never tried any of them, so bear with me. I know that they are normal harvest moon/dungeon crawler hybrids, which excites me. I just want to know which one to play. All three of them (Wii game included) got very similar reviews, so I'm just curious which ones GBAtemp would recommend for a first time player.
I'm also leaning towards the DS versions and not the Wii one, for the portability aspect alone, so keep that in mind.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I played this games a little ago, the chronologic order is:

1. Rune Factory 1 for the DS
2. Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii
3. Rune Factory 2 for the DS
4. Rune Factory 3 for the DS (is still in Japanese)

Hope you like these games, they sure can give fun
wink.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it completely necessary to play them in order for the sake of the story? I'm mostly just looking for the most solid game, but if the story will suffer if I go straight for the best one game-play wise, I don't know if it would be worth it.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
Is it completely necessary to play them in order for the sake of the story? I'm mostly just looking for the most solid game, but if the story will suffer if I go straight for the best one game-play wise, I don't know if it would be worth it.

Not really, they don't have much of a connection to each other, except maybe the first one and the Wii one...I haven't played the Wii one yet so I'm not sure.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's what I did Dwight, and you don't miss any story as it's a completely different town/character, bar a mention of "Raguna" or two which all you need to know was the main character of the first game. That's all the prior knowledge needed when going into two.

I think you'll have good fun with these games, although they vary a bit from Harvest Moon.
Another tip is that in the beginning you won't have all your tools that you'll expect to have from HM. Once you do the first round of quests on the Bulletin Board, you will get most if not all of them. Just letting you know as I was confused as hell at not having an axe.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you play Rune Factory 2, use "Save Checksum Bypass Cheat" to prevents Save Corruption. Use it from the start and everytime you play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol