Harry Potter book 7 Thread

5kuzgib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm so sad the series has ended now. Had to happen at some point but i grew up with the books - it really the is the end of an era :'(

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, in a recent interview, Rowling has stated that she plans to write a Harry Potter Encyclopedia and also plans to continue writing.

So much for her constantly saying she would be done writing for good once she finished the 7 potter books.

dwish562

Trophies
XP
Country
What? What interview is that? Can you post the link up please? I finish this book in two days. I was reading it for 20-40 hours I think. Peace out

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finished the book 1 1/2 hours ago. Good read. A lot of vocal people on the interwebz are disappointed about the ending, but I honestly don't know what they were expecting. Loads of WTF-JKR?!?!?! going around for no reason. Too many people with far too high expectations that could not have been met. I swear there were too many people that were determined not to like this book. In a way I think it makes them feel better that it's over, thinking to themselves that the ending sucked... kinda making it seem to them that it'll never really be over. Poor souls...

Anyway, going to check the spoiler tag then post something interesting here:

I got choked up when Dobby died... I didn't think that of all the things that would make me cry it'd be the freaking house-elf. I think it was just that Harry was so emotionally attached to him and that he died in a noble way, was buried in a noble way. That sort of thing gets me. Same thing with Harry naming his second born Albus Severus; when I saw that middle name I just started tearing up. I'm not really all that sentimental of a guy, but when something touches that noble, chivalrous note it gets me. I knew Snape would be redeemed in the end, I expected some unbreakable vow involved, but the way it was done seemed to mean more I guess.

The reason people expected more from Rowling is because of the explosive and earthshattering ending of Book6
CMON, the ending was so powerful and emotional that it raised the bar exponentially.
i find it somewhat frustrating that rowling left open a few plotholes

WHY THE HELL DOES RON SPEAK PARSEL TONGUE?
WHATS BEHIND THE CLOSED DOOR AT THE MINISTRY OF MYSTERIES?
HOW DID THEY GET THE SWORD OF GRYFFINDOR BACK FROM THAT THIEVING GOBLIN???
WHAT DID DUDLEY SEE WHEN HE NEARLY GOT KISSED BY THE DEMENTOR???
all of these were supposed to have been in this book but they arent
Ron could speak parsel tongue cause the locket horcrux kind of bonded with him like the diary with ginny
and the gryffindor sword was summoned by the hat once again(well thats what i think anyway)

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ron could speak parsel tongue cause the locket horcrux kind of bonded with him like the diary with ginny
and the gryffindor sword was summoned by the hat once again(well thats what i think anyway)

actually your wrong about the parsel tongue

actually ron couldnt speak parsel tongue. he just mimicked what harry did when he opened the locket.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

here is the article about the character enclyopedia

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I find the whole concept of Harry Potter bizarre and completely unbelievable.
I mean, it's pathetic.

Come on, are we really supposed to believe that.......
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
there's a ginger kid with 2 friends ?
laugh.gif

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
I find the whole concept of Harry Potter bizarre and completely unbelievable.
I mean, it's pathetic.

Come on, are we really supposed to believe that.......
>
>
there's a ginger kid with 2 friends ?Â
laugh.gif

I used to be friends with a family of ginger kids. They were very much like The Weasleys. One of them was my best buddy, and we'd get into lots of Harry Potter-like adventures. (Our enemy was a crazy mofo called Vandemoortele who poisoned cancerous children with cookies laced with Clostridium Botulinum for Eugenics purposes.) To top that, the only real difference between Hogwarts and the public school we used to go to was the magic, the fact that our principal only had long white hair between his ass, and the repeated violent child molestation.

Everything except the Vandemoortele and sexual child abuse parts is true. We were however abused physically by teachers who would punch children randomly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +2