Harry Potter book 7 Thread

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe harry potter nails that chick wizard to continue this series?
i never read 1 book or even watched the movies, so is that possible or are they brother-sister?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I asked, my bro, and so apparently, he read from 12:30 - 7:40 ish!!!!!!!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

he's pretty far...

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thats fine, its worth it for me. it would probably take me five years to read that book anyway alone with the other 6 cuz i havnt read any

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finished the book 1 1/2 hours ago. Good read. A lot of vocal people on the interwebz are disappointed about the ending, but I honestly don't know what they were expecting. Loads of WTF-JKR?!?!?! going around for no reason. Too many people with far too high expectations that could not have been met. I swear there were too many people that were determined not to like this book. In a way I think it makes them feel better that it's over, thinking to themselves that the ending sucked... kinda making it seem to them that it'll never really be over. Poor souls...

Anyway, going to check the spoiler tag then post something interesting here:

I got choked up when Dobby died... I didn't think that of all the things that would make me cry it'd be the freaking house-elf. I think it was just that Harry was so emotionally attached to him and that he died in a noble way, was buried in a noble way. That sort of thing gets me. Same thing with Harry naming his second born Albus Severus; when I saw that middle name I just started tearing up. I'm not really all that sentimental of a guy, but when something touches that noble, chivalrous note it gets me. I knew Snape would be redeemed in the end, I expected some unbreakable vow involved, but the way it was done seemed to mean more I guess.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I KNOW!
Its ridicoulious.
I guess rowling wanted it to be a actionpacked book.
She achieved it but to be honest, i enjoyed book6 more. Sure...it was kinda dull to start off, BUT THE ENDING WAS F*CKING AMAZING.
dont really like the endinf for this one

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Finished the book 1 1/2 hours ago. Good read. A lot of vocal people on the interwebz are disappointed about the ending, but I honestly don't know what they were expecting. Loads of WTF-JKR?!?!?! going around for no reason. Too many people with far too high expectations that could not have been met. I swear there were too many people that were determined not to like this book. In a way I think it makes them feel better that it's over, thinking to themselves that the ending sucked... kinda making it seem to them that it'll never really be over. Poor souls...

I got choked up when Dobby died... I didn't think that of all the things that would make me cry it'd be the freaking house-elf. I think it was just that Harry was so emotionally attached to him and that he died in a noble way, was buried in a noble way. That sort of thing gets me. Same thing with Harry naming his second born Albus Severus; when I saw that middle name I just started tearing up. I'm not really all that sentimental of a guy, but when something touches that noble, chivalrous note it gets me. I knew Snape would be redeemed in the end, I expected some unbreakable vow involved, but the way it was done seemed to mean more I guess.

The reason people expected more from Rowling is because of the explosive and earthshattering ending of Book6
CMON, the ending was so powerful and emotional that it raised the bar exponentially.
i find it somewhat frustrating that rowling left open a few plotholes

WHY THE HELL DOES RON SPEAK PARSEL TONGUE?
WHATS BEHIND THE CLOSED DOOR AT THE MINISTRY OF MYSTERIES?
HOW DID THEY GET THE SWORD OF GRYFFINDOR BACK FROM THAT THIEVING GOBLIN???
WHAT DID DUDLEY SEE WHEN HE NEARLY GOT KISSED BY THE DEMENTOR???
all of these were supposed to have been in this book but they arent

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
^^ Damn jyou!

The HP6 book I ordered arrived today (I hadn't read any of them, and since I just finished "Mushi Mushi Kitty In Awesomoh Rand!" I've been looking for another great masterpiece to add to my collection)
I couldn't help myself and read your spoiler. Ah noes!!! The pains!!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just finished reading it about an hour ago

It really built up to the end. It was pretty powerful how Harry walked through the forest to his death after using the resurrection stone to summon his lost loved ones. Finally having Voldemort dead though was great to read. I wouldn't have guessed how things would have turned up. I was so sure Harry would die in this book. Pretty good book and it's great to finally know how everything fits into place (Snape, wtf? Didn't guess that one).

I didn't like the first half of the book that much though. Just running and hiding and wasting time. It was a little frustrating to read. I guess that conveyed the situation though....

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finished the book 1 1/2 hours ago. Good read. A lot of vocal people on the interwebz are disappointed about the ending, but I honestly don't know what they were expecting. Loads of WTF-JKR?!?!?! going around for no reason. Too many people with far too high expectations that could not have been met. I swear there were too many people that were determined not to like this book. In a way I think it makes them feel better that it's over, thinking to themselves that the ending sucked... kinda making it seem to them that it'll never really be over. Poor souls...

I got choked up when Dobby died... I didn't think that of all the things that would make me cry it'd be the freaking house-elf. I think it was just that Harry was so emotionally attached to him and that he died in a noble way, was buried in a noble way. That sort of thing gets me. Same thing with Harry naming his second born Albus Severus; when I saw that middle name I just started tearing up. I'm not really all that sentimental of a guy, but when something touches that noble, chivalrous note it gets me. I knew Snape would be redeemed in the end, I expected some unbreakable vow involved, but the way it was done seemed to mean more I guess.

The reason people expected more from Rowling is because of the explosive and earthshattering ending of Book6
CMON, the ending was so powerful and emotional that it raised the bar exponentially.
i find it somewhat frustrating that rowling left open a few plotholes

WHY THE HELL DOES RON SPEAK PARSEL TONGUE?
WHATS BEHIND THE CLOSED DOOR AT THE MINISTRY OF MYSTERIES?
HOW DID THEY GET THE SWORD OF GRYFFINDOR BACK FROM THAT THIEVING GOBLIN???
WHAT DID DUDLEY SEE WHEN HE NEARLY GOT KISSED BY THE DEMENTOR???
all of these were supposed to have been in this book but they arent

I actually haven't read all the books. Honestly, just the first and this last one, but at least two of those questions got answered pretty straight forward.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just finished reading the book an hour ago. I think it started off slow, but it really picked up pace. Had some amazing moments.

My eyes are so tired now.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finish the book yesterday too

I didn't like the epilogue so much.. especially the names. Albus Severus Potter? James? Lily?
There are 10000000000000 names out there and you had to use those old ones.
please check babynames.com next time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM