Hacking Hardware trouble mystery

PearlChoco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Since last week, I'm experiencing a very weird hardware problem with my R4DS + NDS phat:

1. When I boot my NDS, the R4DS card suddenly doesn't get detected anymore and I get the default screen with "No NDS card inserted". All my other official games work perfectly.

2. When I try this R4DS card on the new DS Lite from a friend, it's boots without problem and without delay (tested > 50 times).

Now, should I buy a new R4DS card or a new NDS ????

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try cleaning the contacts on the R4 also you could try putting a piece of tape on the front side of the R4 to put more pressure on the contacts when it's in the DS, having had the same problem from time to time those are the only things that ever really helped.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PearlChoco said:
Since last week, I'm experiencing a very weird hardware problem with my R4DS + NDS phat:

1. When I boot my NDS, the R4DS card suddenly doesn't get detected anymore and I get the default screen with "No NDS card inserted". All my other official games work perfectly.

2. When I try this R4DS card on the new DS Lite from a friend, it's boots without problem and without delay (tested > 50 times).

Now, should I buy a new R4DS card or a new NDS ????

Perhaps blowing the contacts of the DS could work. I heard of the same thing happen to some other person I've talked to before.

Also, if you're gonna get a new cart, DON'T GET A R4.

You can get an Acekard 2 or DSTT that does so much more for less than 25 bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)