The Nintendo group!

hardware discussion thread

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do wish that if Nintendo were to make a new home console, it would be on par with at least PS5/Xbox series line of consoles in terms of specs.

Sadly tho, realistically Nintendo probably won't and will launch an underpowered console compared to the competition.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I do wish that if Nintendo were to make a new home console, it would be on par with at least PS5/Xbox series line of consoles in terms of specs.

Sadly tho, realistically Nintendo probably won't and will launch an underpowered console compared to the competition.
Nintendo has the culture of releasing consoles with well experimented internal components as opposed as the cutting edge technology. They seek reliability, good cost and established supply chain on their chips above all other things. It was not like that for Gamecube and N64 (arguable 2 failures) but it was like that for everything else.

The examples are everywhere. They backlited GBA only on 2003 I believe. They started to rechargeble batteries use just in 2005. The Super Famicom \ Super Nintendo CPU was already 8 years old when they released the console. They started using HDMI just in 2012.

Nintendo is innovative on other fields, like game development and peripherals.

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: