XP
Country
PaperPlane said:
Superman 64 on my ND64S.
FUCKING RINGS!
I'll just go back to SSB.
hate2.gif

You actually played that crap?

I think the hardest was Trauma Center. Contra is so-so(I'm good at run and gun games. Making metal slug a bit of childs play.)

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AjDeF3 said:
StillAliveDS

Way better than most commercial games, and extremely hard.
are you talking about the built in levels or custom levels available for download? because i didn't have much trouble with the built in levels. custom levels, on the other hand, can be rediculous.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if we define hard as in not only beating the game, but perfecting and completing it. (IE: No lives lost, getting perfect ratings/ranks, collecting everything, etc...)

Etrian Odyssey 2
Metal Slug 7 (How the frick am I supposed to shave 3 more seconds to get S-Rank?!)
Trauma Center 1/2 (...stupid X missions...)

And in general...freaking Battletoads...

acidonia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barnyard Blast Swine Of The Night is pretty tough but I Managed to Reach the Final Stage Which I have,nt beaten yet. Ive done Contra 4 on easy but no other seting and unlocked all the mini games on Nanostray 2 but yet to have beat the main game even on easy reached Final stage before though.

No one at all has said Cronos Twins yet thats clearly the hardest action game on the ds Due to the fact your almost playing 2 games at once.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trauma Center 1 drove me crazy, still not completed. Have not tried Contra 4 but I've gotta go try it now since it's so 'highly regarded' here.

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Beating the bosses with a Lv4 ranking on Megaman ZX. One boss in particular stops to heal himself every 5 seconds, so it is next to impossible to do enough damage to him without exploiting his weakness.

Also: Playing Touch Detective without a guide. Some of the puzzles are so illogical you could've played it non-stop from when it came out and still not come across the correct solution. I gave up on the first case when I found out (through repeated trial and error) that to get past one part I had to INFLATE one of the other characters with a pump to distract them.
blink.gif

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
On DS; Contra 4

I would say EBA, but I almost completed it on Hard Rockin' got stuck on the final level...
But actually I find ouendan 1 and 2 harder, but that may be because I am English, and I can't get into J-POP very well...

In general: Super Ghouls and Ghosts
The most IMPOSSIBLE game ever, at least contra gives you a chance, this game continually assualts you with enemies, many taking several hits to kill, along with projectiles, annoying bosses, and 'powerups' that are usually worse than your starting weapon!
Only a true master can get to the end, a only a god could possibly play it through all over again to fight the final boss! (at least I think this one does that, most of them do...)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
Doomsday Forte said:
Probably Pokemon Diamond.
Get it?

I'm really drawing a blank here, sorry.
I hope that joke isn't in reference to the fact that diamond is the hardest substance. >__<

EBA on insane. It's just ridiculous.
It took me so long to get back to this topic, sorry. But yeah, it was. XD
*adjusts labcoat and glasses*

I've seen EBA on Diva mode, and...yeah, I won't even touch that. I'm going to need the time freeze from Trauma Center to do that. And in general, agreed with just about any Capcom game with Arthur as the player character, especially the one on PSP (even though that one hands you the most gimmes).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contra 4. You know a games hard when you can watch people playing with cheats and still die repeatedly.

Etrian Odyssey (I or II, I forget, maybe both) had quite the difficulty curve, Trauma Center got ridiculously tough a few hours in, same thing with TC2, at least for me.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
PW games, Trauma Center 1&2, Contra and Meteos.
!

Define what made it difficult for you though. I recently tried Meteos Disney Magic and I couldn't play it because it was way too easy/SO ZETTA SLOOOOW!!

I'm a Meteos fan, shush. ;_;

Edit: I fail at tags. XD

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
hard in a bad way: Final Fantasy III (having to grind before every single boss is just stupid)
hard in a good way: Elite Beat Agents. Even after 10 failed attempts you get better and better, which feels awesome
smile.gif

hard in a totally awesome way: Ninja Cop (Ninja Five-O): Yeah, not a DS game but god, playing through this on hard was so much fun. The level design never confronts you with unfair passages like you would expect in a Ninja game
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock