Hard Turn Off While Docked Now Doesn't Charge

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by CPTflconX, Aug 4, 2018.

1. CPTflconX
    OP

CPTflconX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2009
    United States
    I tried updating 5.0 to 5.1 firmware with choidujour but got a black screen when launching choidujour. I made the biggest noob mistake and hard shut down the console while docked, autorcm was off. I read that people had problems with choidujour on sx os and that it worked with hekate. I tried with hekate and it worked fantastic. After booting again in sx os autorcm I inserted the console in the dock again and now I get a flashing green light on the dock. I tried another dock I had lying around and I get the same flashing green light. Everything works good on the console itself and I can play the newer games with the update. When connected to my PC it is detected without a problem and I can send the payload fine without any issues. However, when docking the console I now get a flashing green light on the dock with no signal to HDMI and no battery charge. I cant charge it when connected to the wall either. What should I do?

2. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Have you been using 3rd party dock or chargers ? Sounds like m92t36 issue .

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

AutoRCM switch does not charge when in this mode . Once in horizon it should charge .

3. CPTflconX
    OP

CPTflconX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 23, 2009
    United States
    No, I have only used the official dock. The only unofficial thing I have used is the SX dongle. The console only shows the charging icon on the switch if I connect it to my PC. After turning off AutoRCM from SX OS bootmenu it doesnt charge either.

Last edited by CPTflconX, Aug 4, 2018
  4. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Sounds like dock is goossed or it's power supply based on your response . Any buddies with dock and charger to try process of elimination.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do not use 3rd party docks known to pop m92t36 chip.

flow349 likes this.
  5. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    I have a couple of broken switches here ordered off ebay waiting on the arrival of m92t36 chips , all mine are doing the same as yours - flashing the dock led once inserted , i am 99.9 % sure its the same symptoms.
    This little chip has been a major culprit after 5.0 update - tonnes of users all over the planet had same symptoms - these devices not only refuse to charge - power up - but also lock on boot just at logo screen , its responsible for a number of other functions HDMI and so on for example .
    correlation to the 5.0/5.1 update was proven to be moot- bad cables not using required resistor for keeping steady power to rails was identified as issue this can come from cheap nasty chargers or using phone chargers - third party docks , usb lead a to c from pc again with no resistor to protect the gammy shitty weird power requirement that ninty made up in they're own usb C standards ............

Last edited by DaveLister, Aug 6, 2018