www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mascot.gif
Happy New Year 2009
From all the staff at GBAtemp
newyr09.png

On behalf of all the staff at GBAtemp.net I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year! We hope 2009 will bring you and your friends and families lots of joy and prosperity.

Well, that's a wrap! For most of us now, 2008 is over and done with... And what a GREAT year it's been for us at GBAtemp! The sites popularity continues to grow beyond our expectations, we have more active users than ever, and the site goes from strength to strength with new features and upgrades. We've seen some members and staff come and go (we'll miss you as an Admin, Thug!), but as always, new members and staff come along and join the ever-expanding GBAtemp community.

Here's just some of the awesome things that happened in 2008 at GBAtemp, just in case you weren't around to see them happen!...
  • In January of '08 Costello finished work on, and introduced 2 new GBAtemp features: the Blogging Service and Image Upload service.
  • The much needed Site Index was created by shaunj66
  • 6 awesome new Tempcast episodes were recorded and released
  • Our planned April Fool's day prank managed to fool an amazingly large amount of members
  • The Top Rated releases feature was added
  • Datel announced that they were to begin using cheats from our database maintained by Narin
  • The GBAtemp Homebrew Bounty was created and with the help from our partners and affiliates we handed out a whopping $675 USD in prize money
  • GBAtemp hits the 100,000 topics mile stone! And we now have over 125,000 and climbing!
  • The dedicated GBAtemp IRC server was created with a whole new slew of channels followed
  • GBAtemp published the worlds first review of the Acekard 2i - the first DSi compatible flash kit
  • And last but not least (by any means!), in 2008 GBAtemp gave-away over $2300 USD in prizes... Yes, two-thousand! And that's a separate figure from the Homebrew Bounty! That's a hell of a lot of flash carts!
With us just wrapping up our GBAtemp 'Tempmas', in which we held a mini-competition every day in December leading up to Christmas, we held a record number of competitions and give-away's last year! So a big thanks to all the members for taking part, and of course our affiliates and competition sponsors for helping us with the prizes.

So a big cheer to every one of you for contributing towards making GBAtemp what it is today. We simply wouldn't be here without all our fantastic members.
And let's not forget the staff that keep the place ticking over and our members happy. I'd personally like to thank all our current and former staff for all their efforts this year.

So, THANK YOU! Here's to making 2009 at GBAtemp an even more successful and enjoyable year.

~ Happy New Year from me, shaunj66, and on behalf of all the GBAtemp Staff.
grog.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
w00t 2008 was great fun and great games and 2009 looks like an even better year especially when it comes to the wii w00t...

2009 best year ever when it comes to gaming?!??! We shall see!!!

superdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it isn't new year were i am but happy new (temp) year also 2008 was when toni became a mod and sicence became a magazine staff member and also when i joined

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happy new year to everyone!
thanks staff (and members too) for making 2008 a great year!
i think i might be making a poem soon :3
i

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a little under 6 hours to go for my new year.
tongue.gif
Hopefully with the coming new year I'll have more free time. The holidays are too much work! See ya around, tempers!

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy New year to everyone, just don't start the new year by getting drunk, and end with a record, Peace and go get laid LOL

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Alastair said:
God nyttår!
yaynds.gif
That made no sense if it was Swedish you were trying to write. It should be: "Gott nytt år!" which basically means "Happy new year!".

And a happy new year to all of you
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: