Happy birthday Gamecube!

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8688672_440_1.gif

Today on September 14th 15yrs ago the Nintendo Gamecube was born. For me the Gamecube was my entry into Nintendo. I remember coming home after school everyday and playing one of my all time favorite Mario Kart game with my family. Mario Kart: Double Dash. However, besides the memories it made for me with certain titles such as MK: DB, Mario Party 4 and Pac-Man. There was a plethora of other that really made this system my all time favorite system such as Super Smash Brother Melee, Animal Crossing, Pikmin and Super Mario Sunshine. The Gamecube was also the last Nintendo console to push into the Power realm and compete against other consoles. While I am talking about hardware I would also like to bring up the controller. It is one of my favorite Video Game console controllers ever made.

Happy Birthday Gamecube,
Thank you for the memories you made for me and my family and all the years of entertainment and joy.

What did you like most about the Gamecube? - Share your thoughts below!

Last edited by BurningDesire,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually played Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on a 3DO emulator using the GC controller a couple hours ago. For some reason the controls were frozen during the last three battles, maybe because I rotated the joystick 360 degrees, which is a habit to make sure the stick isn't sticky or anything that would hinder the movement. Regardless I cleared a run with Chun Li. The controller is fantastic, but damn 3DO only had 3 main buttons, 2 shoulders, and it turns out one of the center buttons, X (Stop) is a punch one. Left shoulder is also a punch one, that's ridiculous. Anyways, for me when we got the GC, it came with Starfox Adventures, and that was the only game we had until Melee a couple months later. It was late 2003 we got the console. This was during the waning days of game rentals, I'd rent the Yu-Gi-Oh RPG game, Pokemon Colosseum, Sonic Adventure 2 and the director's cut of the original. Not long after Melee, when I cared about sports games, I got Madden NFL 2003, and NBA Live 2003, played those a lot, especially Madden's custom teams. More rentals: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and Deception, Def Jam Vendetta, Super Mario Sunshine. Bought Disney Sport's Skateboarding, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Quidditch World Cup. Really though, we rented more than bought. I think we only owned 7 games on GC. Good times, Melee of course being the best of the whole lot, so glad Smash 4 allowed for the GC controller to be used, that's how Smash is meant to be played.

Reactions: BurningDesire

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
What did you like most about the Gamecube? - Share your thoughts below!
the connectivity...
gbaplayer and use a gba as a second screen and\or a gamepad..
are really fantastic..
it was some kind of early multiplataform.. you had your game boy in the school and when you get home you could play your gba game on the gamecube (however sega did this before)

i never actually had one, but it's on my "to buy" list...
super mario sunshine was really cool..

people say the gamecube is more powerfull than a ps2, however i can't see that, maybe it's just because third parties didn't support it much..
i played the burnout games on the gamecube and they look really inferior to the ps2 ones..

loved the gamecube controller having analogic triggers in the back (with a switch in the end)

gamecube is usually not in the people's favorites, but it gets a lot of love from myself..
sadly in my area everyone had a ps2, or older systems.,. so it was one of the consoles that i didn't knew about when i was a kid

Reactions: BurningDesire

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I now own 7 of them and a Panasonic Q to the collection. Still trying to track down a gc component lead at a decent price, which is hard, so had to resort to Nintendont via a Wii component.
woa... i will never understand why people own more than 2 of a particular system...

that's my issue about the gc.. i really wanted one, but without the component cable it kinda turns me down...
i have a wii, i use it for gamecube games, would really love to get a gamecube, but playing games with the yellow RCA plug is painfull (maybe my tv is awfull)..

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
woa... i will never understand why people own more than 2 of a particular system...

that's my issue about the gc.. i really wanted one, but without the component cable it kinda turns me down...
i have a wii, i use it for gamecube games, would really love to get a gamecube, but playing games with the yellow RCA plug is painfull (maybe my tv is awfull)..

I collect a lot of different consoles and have multiples of each. Comes in handy if one breaks too, so spares and repair is always a good thing.

480p via Nintendont is quite alright for GC games, if you're TV supports it.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you make that? Omg 0_0
Yes. Here's the recipe:

Take one Google Images
Add a dash of letters. I recommend two As, one B, two Cs, three EEEs, one G, one K, one M and one U
Mix the letters until they look like this: gamecube cake
Wait for approximately 0.49 seconds until the page has turned golden brown loaded
Chose whichever cake looks most delicious

Simple :P:P:P:P:P

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Here's the recipe:

Take one Google Images
Add a dash of letters. I recommend two As, one B, two Cs, three EEEs, one G, one K, one M and one U
Mix the letters until they look like this: gamecube cake
Wait for approximately 0.49 seconds until the page has turned golden brown loaded
Chose whichever cake looks most delicious

Simple :P:P:P:P:P
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning