XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I quickly read through the log and Tales of Symphonia was mentioned quite a lot and about how it would be an unfixable exploit bc it is so far the only wii game that can read data or save games from a GC card.

I do know a couple more details, but not much important and I am sworn to secrecy so I can only talk about what was publicly mentioned in that IRC log.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I quickly read through the log and Tales of Symphonia was mentioned quite a lot and about how it would be an unfixable exploit bc it is so far the only wii game that can read data or save games from a GC card.

I do know a couple more details, but not much important and I am sworn to secrecy so I can only talk about what was publicly mentioned in that IRC log.
Is there a mirror of that log anywhere? Although this already sounds pretty epic. But may be tricky to get the exploited save onto the GC memory card. Are there adapters to transfer saves to/from PC to GC memory card?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Is there a mirror of that log anywhere? Although this already sounds pretty epic. But may be tricky to get the exploited save onto the GC memory card. Are there adapters to transfer saves to/from PC to GC memory card?
I tried seeing it I could find a cache of the log and I couldn't.

Someone really does not want this info out there yet so we should probably stfu about it already.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:

yes, it was Tales of Symphonia
no, it is not unstopable
no, it is not working

and no, he is not privy to any of the "secret info", he has not been put under gag order, and there's no more info about this than what I just said

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem Wii has GC memory card support.

http://nerdmentality.com/article/4089/nint...e-emblem-discs/

QUOTE said:
One of the features of the new title is the ability to transfer clear saves from a GCN memory card, resulting in boosted stats to certain characters and other goodies in the Wii game.

However, it is Nintendo-published. Who knows if it's secure enough. Edit: Is it possible to modify an uncopyable GC save to be copyable? I suppose it would depend on if there are any checksums in the save.

Endless Ocean and Excite Truck both have SD MP3 support. When it was brought up last time, someone mentioned putting 500 or so fake MP3s of all sizes and trying to crash the game. It wasn't successful. (I posted about it in the first place. Go through my posts to find the thread.)

Many games load Miis, though I suspect the Mii libraries are very secure. Metroid Prime 3 (and Trilogy?) look at other Wii saves, but they're all Nintendo properties. Once again, no reason to believe this loading is insecure.

Simple buffer overflow save exploits will probably continue to be the norm. Games are still being made with exploitable flaws.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@megazig, I'm not saying your wrong, but I wouldn't underestimate DeadlyFoez if I were you. There is a lot of stuff he's told me about privately that at the time the public knew nothing about, but in the end a lot of it turned out to be true and eventually public information.

I personally know nothing about a TOS exploit (heck I have no idea what the game is about!), but there is a lot of stuff I know about that the general public doesn't know. It's all about who your dev friends are and how trustworthy you are. No1 is ever under "gag order", but if u expect devs/friends to continue to tell you things in confidence, it's only common sense not to go telling the world without at least first getting permission from the source otherwise it will be the last time someone shares a secret with you.

I'd love to see you work on something like this. I have no doubt that if it's possible, you could pull it off if u wanted to. But yea, sorry for getting off topic.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
megazig said:
Well, i am saying deadly is wrong. Period.
Fair enough... all I'm saying, is if Foez is wrong, he's purposely feeding the public disinformation. There is no way he's legitimately wrong. Anyways, I'm sure I'll hear the truth when I speak to him next.

In any case... I don't know how u can say Foez is wrong for sure... I mean, all he said is he knows a couple of not very important details on the project. There's no way u can know if what he's referring to is BS or not. Either way, if Foez says its not important, there's no point dwelling on it anyways.

On a side note, with all your skillz, are u thinking of contributing to the PS3 scene? Just curious, I don't mean to pry.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i know the people who were woking on it, and i finally got around to looking at the asm, i can say with 100% certainty that he is full of shit

And yes, i am doing stuff for ps3

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
megazig said:
Since i know the people who were woking on it, and i finally got around to looking at the asm, i can say with 100% certainty that he is full of shit

And yes, i am doing stuff for ps3
Ahhh, I see.... I'd just like to point out that despite your differences it's not impossible for you and Foez to share common friends.

Anyways, enough said on the subject. I'm glad 2 hear u r working on PS3 stuff, good luck with all you do and I'll keep my eyes peeled for your releases.

Cheers.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone should lock this thread, the exploit has been confirmed NOT WORKING.

There is a working exploit for Lego Batman, why do people rather talk about a non-working exploit?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SanGor said:
Someone should lock this thread, the exploit has been confirmed NOT WORKING.

There is a working exploit for Lego Batman, why do people rather talk about a non-working exploit?
Because it's not so uncommon to talk off topic in a thread. Besides, let the mods decide whether the thread should be locked or not.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Eventhough I do have megazig on ignore, unfortunately xflak quoted what he said.

I knew that this was in the works days ago, before the IRC log was posted up. I was told a few minor details about it and I was told that it is secret right now. There's no BS there.

Edit: Just to add in, I was initially hinted about this by one individual although that person did not tell me much. I took it upon myself to do some googling and I found a slight bit more info and a person to ask about it. I asked this person and they told me a few details and told me that it's all secret right now and told me to keep shut about it. I decided not to mention anything until there were IRC logs posted here that gave out some of the info that I already knew.

There really is not much to know about this right now anyways except that people are looking into it as a nice possibility.

I will shut up now.
biggrin.gif

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deadly, did they also tell you why it worked on dolphin and not the wii? Because it is not going to lead anywhere. This inside info wasn't really from anyone who knew what was really going on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv