OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I spent most of today feebly trying to recover from a hangover that left me nearly bedridden and unable to do much more than listlessly watch TV. I don't get the headaches when I'm hungover, it's all in my stomach. I just get brutally nauseated and super groggy. As far as cures or remedies go I usually just drink tons of water and try to sleep or go into low-power mode and just try to wait it out. Food doesn't help, sometimes it makes it worse. Today I couldn't even stand to watch food commercials, I thought I was going to spew.

I know the standard hangover remedies - rehydrate, sleep, etc. - but just for laughs does anyone have any unique or weird cures for the morning after blues? What works for you personally?

As an example, that article I linked to describes an old Irish cure where the sick person is buried up to their neck in moist river sand. That actually sounds kind of pleasant, at least until the bugs found you.

Reactions: 1 person

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
English breakfast,
"chemical" synthetic yoghurt drink.

Drink more liquor?

Also what have you been drinking?
From my experience, hangovers from strong spirits like Whisky etc don't last long/don't even come up.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
"hair of the dog"

Another beer will settle your stomach for a couple of hours. But it's not the kind of "right I can go to work now" cure.

wafflebeard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
English breakfast,
"chemical" synthetic yoghurt drink.

Drink more liquor?

Also what have you been drinking?
From my experience, hangovers from strong spirits like Whisky etc don't last long/don't even come up.
Last night I drank gin and tonic and when I ran out of tonic I did straight shots of gin. Too much man, I woke up still drunk. Good thing I'm unemployed.

Reactions: 2 people

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yogurt is good, coats the stomach with fat. Grapes are also good for their aminoacids. Also, lots of water. Lots and lots of it. It's the best way to help your body proccess the alcohol.

Reactions: 4 people

wafflebeard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't adding more alcohol be counterproductive? Alcohol dehydrates you which is the root cause of hangovers, so more alcohol would dehydrate you further right? That's also why, despite what the movies tell you, drinking coffee is a bad idea.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm.

It could be that I never mix my drinks and drink everything pure.
Highest what I drink is Stroh 80 (160 proof) ;p

Other then that I don't really know "cures"
Sleep and water is the best solution.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oral sex. I shit you not.

Giving or receiving?

For me, some sort of food that's got a little bit of protein and a lot of carbs, or is greasy, and a bottle of powerade/gatorade/sportsdrink.

Made the mistake of eating apples after I woke up from a terrible hangover/still a bit drunk. I drank about a bottle and a half of red wine the night before. The apples tasted like wine. I wanted to throw up.

I don't even like red wine. :sad:

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best cure for a hang over, unfortunately is to drink lots of water WHILE you are drinking. Prevention is the best medicine.

Drink enough water and I kid you not, you will not get a hangover.

Also another tip, some booze is not meant to be drank straight :(

I made the horrible mistake of drinking a few shots of Everclear messed me up bad... ok maybe it was more than a few, but I only remember the first 3 or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best cure for hangovers is to sober up as much as possible before sleeping. You can get shitfaced off your balls all you want, just do not go to sleep till you sober up.

Also, forget alcohol, just smoke a junt smoke a junt smoke a junt smoke a junt (like the song.)

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Most cases when i'm drinking i end up buying some sort of fast food but i don't eat it right after i finished drinking cause i know i'll just puke it out so i leave it for when ever i wake up then i eat that fast food along with 2-5 glasses of water and a little rest (playing game or watching tv) i end up feeling good as new.

So basically fastfood and water is my cure...

I've always wanted to try the drinking again solution but in my hangover state my mind just tells me, 'no fucking way'.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
follow each drink with a glass of water and you could avoid asking about hangover cures.

-another world

When I do that I just get a massive headache while I'm drinking. I'd rather enjoy the evening and pay for it the next day than cause myself a pain in the evening and be relatively ok the next day.

I've always wondered about drinking beer & water together, as in have one of each on the go at the same time, rather than following each bottle of beer with a bottle of water. Every time I say I'm going to try it, I never do though.

Besides which, beer hangovers are easily liveable with. It's spirit hangovers that kill, and when I'm on a Whiskey night, there's no way I can keep up having as much water as I do alcohol.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
According to everything I've heard and read, but never practiced (I don't and won't ever be drinking), greasy foods are awesome for a hangover. Get some greasy ass fast food. Chow down on some bacon. Enjoy some greasy ass pizza. Alternatively, if you can't handle the home grown hangover cures after drinking, then don't get drunk.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually sober up before trying to sleep, and I'm sure to drink lots of water while I'm drinking. Well, like 75% of the way through the night I start drinking water. I almost never go to sleep drunk unless I accidentally pass out. But when I do have a hangover at work I just go in the dairy cooler (at Walmart) and that helps quite a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1