hangover cures?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greasy food and a diet pill. (preferably a prescription one) I'm completely serious.
And for those who are advocating a glass of water after every shot, have you even tried that? I always drink water with my whiskey. It doesn't work the way you think it should.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so remember how i worked for my neighbors last summer making $10 an hour?
Well the wife was a nurse/hospice care giver. When the end of the summer was coming and i told her i was going back to school, she gave me a helpful tip of advice.
I guess its like a nurses secret or something but she said it was the medical hangover cure.

unfortunately i didnt mentally hang on to it.
I would have no use for information like that lol but if i see her again, ill let you know.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^The only medical hangover cure is to do rapid detox in the hospital, and that is somewhat of a misnomer in itself since its not an antidote like say narcan is for opiods. The best they can do is get as much out as possible then control the symptoms.

As has been said, really the best way is not to drink as much.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The best thing for me is eating something salty. Like chips (or crisps or whatever those are called... not fries), or roasted and salted peanuts. That and some coke. some water too, but somehow I get nauseus by water when hungover.

edit one: By the way. Last time I drank, I started with 4 bottles of cider and a beer (I puke by drinking beer, so I just tried one bottle) then I drank a bottle of vodka mixed with energy drinks. Then I danced all night and drank some cider, it was very sweaty and I lost a lot of water that way. Ate some chips when I got home, watched some videos on youtube to wind down, drank a big glass of water and went to sleep. I had a not-date planned with my ex, so I had to get up early, so I got 5 hours of sleep. No hangover what so ever.
I don't know what caused the non-hangover. If it was the caffeine in the energy drinks, or the extreme dancing.. those were the only things different from when I get hungover (and I mean, I usually drink less).

edit two: By the way again, talking about the strongest thing you've drunk pure... Mine was a small sip of a low quality absinthe, 85%.. I know it's supposed to be diluted, but I just wanted to try. It evaporated on my tongue and burned like hell. Sadly I wasn't allowed to bring it back to Sweden (from Spain) because >80% is classed as narcotics in Sweden T_T

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Irn-Bru1.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Back when I was a regular drinker, I remember sobering up ALWAYS before going to sleep (waiting even up to 7am, if necessary) that avoided me LOTS of hangovers ;)

Oh, and staying awake after coming home and filling my stomach with as much water as possible before sleeping also worked good.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it!

Ok. She says then when the police would arrest public drunks and put them in jail for a night or whatever (to dry out, you know) they would administer this.

2x Extra strength Tylenol/aspirin whatever. thatsa 1000 mg dose.
1x Multi vitamin. Centrum or something good.
That would clean them up in about 2-3 hours, depending how far gone they were.

Also avoid drinking again for another 48 hours before hitting the sause again. :D

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it!

Ok. She says then when the police would arrest public drunks and put them in jail for a night or whatever (to dry out, you know) they would administer this.

2x Extra strength Tylenol/aspirin whatever. thatsa 1000 mg dose.
1x Multi vitamin. Centrum or something good.
That would clean them up in about 2-3 hours, depending how far gone they were.

Also avoid drinking again for another 48 hours before hitting the sause again. :D

Again, this does not "cure" the hangover. The 2-3 hours does that - all this does is get rid of the headache, and the vitamin may prevent some complications in chronic alcoholics, even though one oral vitamin is unlikely to do anything - chronic people are usually severely deficient, If the same person was to go to the hospital, they would also throw in a benzo like valium, and possibly an anti-psychotic like halodol if they were particularly agitated. But it's still just time that gets rid of the hangover, nothing else.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm the usual is the equivalent water with alcohol with/or drinking after eating a full meal of carbs.

I've heard people drinking milk the day after to help o.O

I prefer those Japanese energy drinks that are small glass bottles which remind me of the capsule devices in Dragon Ball lol Those taste like fruit juices but some reason I get this kick and go on a sugar high :O

Since I'm Asian and I got those horrible red body allergic reaction to drinking alcohol, I have to take allergy pills before drinking to prevent me looking like a red lobster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1