Hacking handheldsources still down?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyone have any idea why handheldsources has been down for about 3 days now?
Quite hard to check for updates when my update source is down.
Even though I have more, this one is just the one I use the most

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you ever want to check whether a new version of TouchPod or Sakura has come out, just go to the Chinese GBalpha site. The updates will show up on that site before they do at Handheld Sources.

When you're there, look at the "GBalpha Latest Updates" (GBalpha ????) section, highlighted here.

In the screenshot above, the top link says:
G6/M3DS Real????M61 [2010-1-15]
Click it, and you'll see this page with the download link highlighted.

At the time of this writing, the latest versions of Sakura and TouchPod are 1.45X 3rd Edition (M19) and 4.7dX (M61), respectively. I always have the "M" version numbers posted as well. Just keep refreshing the front page of the Chinese GBalpha site until you see M3 Sakura (M20) or whatever the next version number you're waiting for in the "Latest Updates" section.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
If you ever want to check whether a new version of TouchPod or Sakura has come out, just go to the Chinese GBalpha site. The updates will show up on that site before they do at Handheld Sources.

When you're there, look at the "GBalpha Latest Updates" (GBalpha ????) section, highlighted here.

In the screenshot above, the top link says:
G6/M3DS Real????M61 [2010-1-15]
Click it, and you'll see this page with the download link highlighted.

At the time of this writing, the latest versions of Sakura and TouchPod are 1.45X 3rd Edition (M19) and 4.7dX (M61), respectively. I always have the "M" version numbers posted as well. Just keep refreshing the front page of the Chinese GBalpha site until you see M3 Sakura (M20) or whatever the next version number you're waiting for in the "Latest Updates" section.
Thank Ninja friend ^-^
Although I already knew about the latest updates, I am the guy who post them when they come out.
Still always nice to find a fresher source

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Although I already knew about the latest updates, I am the guy who post them when they come out.
dsrules usually announces the new versions and has been doing it for a long time, sticking with a consistent format of including the version number in the topic title and including the changelog in his posts. Before you make a post about an update, you should check to see if he hasn't already done it. He's pretty fast.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
dsrules usually announces the new versions and has been doing it for a long time, sticking with a consistent format of including the version number in the topic title and including the changelog in his posts. Before you make a post about an update, you should check to see if he hasn't already done it. He's pretty fast.
I've gotten the last few before he has, but I normally check before I post.
I think I might start posting iTouch updates as well >.> After putting iTouch on my M3 Real, I discovered, I really enjoy it o.o

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Handheld Sources at the time of this post is working fine but is behind on dsrules' release info most recent they have listed is System for M3i Zero & M3DS Real(15-1-2010) although to be fair the new release only came out today
smile.gif

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The site is back up now

bluejays said:
wuts the differences mainly in the itouch firmware anyways =P
Well they are both made by the same team, but the differences really are, iTouch DS doesn't have moonshell or any ability to play music, view images, or videos directly from the interface or from a built in moonshell. You need to install Moonshell into it.
As well it doesn't have ability to have more than one background (as far as I know of, if I am wrong someone please tell me)
So it's has an GUI that kinda reminds me of a mix of Sakura and Touchpad.
The reason I prefer it is because it's smaller, leaving more memory on my card. I rarely change my background so I really don't care for more than one. I have an iPod now so I don't need the music, video, or image viewing on the ds. So all I really needed was a firmware that was small, worked, did all the fictions I want and really need, but still look presentable.
As well it works with all the cheats, saves, and so on that work on M3.
Plus it has a RTS menu that works on some GBA games that M3 won't work on, like River City Ransom EX.
Plus it has a gold Tri-Force background that matches my DS, so thumbs up for that
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later