• Start date
  • Views 10,121
  • Replies 41

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry storyline is pretty much already planned out. I don't want it to be a parody... a regular game is just fine.
It might be fine with you, but that way you will be infringing copyrights. And you don`t want that.
If you want to make a Halo game that is not a parody, you will have to get an official, written permission from Halo developers, which I am almost completely sure you will not get as you are an indy developer with no background (no offence) and no company wants to risk their worldwide-known trademark that way.

You can have a "regular" storyline and all, just clearly state somewhere on the title screen that your game is in no way affiliated with MS/Bungie, they are official owners of all Halo trademarks and your game portrays series in a sarcastic way, as a parody.

D

Deleted User

OP
Microsoft has stated they do not mind homebrew developers using themes of their Xbox games as long as you give them a citation and follow certain guidelines.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I agree that you should just keep your storyline and stuff just state somewhere that it is a parody and not affiliated with Microsoft, or Halo etc and you should be in the safe.

Edit- My bad, I see you already have stated that it has not related to Microsoft, Halo.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your sig spelled spartan wrong
smile.gif

cobradragon1020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ive downloaded it and its pretty cool but the character moves kind of fast and what program did you use to make this or did you use programming language

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast