Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, maybe for a future SuperPack 2 :P

I gave this a second thought: maybe the ridges can be replaced with an adhesive, something like a lizard skins patch. Changing the mold would be better, and probably cheaper in the long run? A bit of extra plastic vs adding adhesives? No idea, something to study, maybe.

While I was thinking about adhesives, maybe there was something that can also be used for the LED, like an external fix.
I have some clear and thick double sided tape. if I put some aluminium reflective tape on it, finish with some black tape, and then stick it over the LED, it may perhaps be enough to route the light to the edge...
It may be better to replace the mold.

Because the more processes, the higher the after-sales rate.
Post automatically merged:

i mean dude on anbernic discord bought all v2 so... all from amazon :D i think this product need some fixes iam staying out from it for now maybe they need another year :P
So sorry for the annoying.

Yes, there are still some QC issues now, and even if the service catches up, it is annoying to replace these small parts.
In any case, as long as you have purchased from AKNES and have problems, please contact us to solve them.
GuliKit is also upgrading the production line to improve product quality.

There is no perfect problem free version at this time, even the latest batch I purchased had issues, the customer service is great and I’ve been able to get them replaced. Seems like one stick out of every 5 sets will have an issue, but I’ve only installed about 20 sets so far.
Thank you!

Last edited by AKNES,

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i mean dude on anbernic discord bought all v2 so... all from amazon :D i think this product need some fixes iam staying out from it for now maybe they need another year :P

you are pretty active can you tell me if i can go form 15.0.1 stright to 16.0.3 (update 2) becouse iam like jon snow now :D thx

View attachment 390296

I know nothing about 15.0.1 and 16.0.3
What's this about? Firmware (possibly) for what? Nintendo Switch?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you are pretty active can you tell me if i can go form 15.0.1 stright to 16.0.3 (update 2) becouse iam like jon snow now :D thx
You can go directly to 16.1.0 even, but should do in order, first you must update Atmosphère and hekate and your payload.
then, remove any theme of you do use it.
Update sigpatches.
And update sysmodules.
After that your can use Atmosphère's daybreak to upgrade your firmware.

Reactions: Lamcza and Cajumjoe

phr3ak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@AKNES Don't get me wrong, I do really want to buy this and permanently fix my very annoying joy-con drift. I just find the QC issues beyond my comprehension. Gulikit has many many years of experience and this product was very desired by the Switch gaming community. This was teased more than a year ago and started shipping in early January to reviewers. Maybe the product was rushed out into selling and could've waited.
Gulikit's Twitter was very active because of Gamescom 2023 and barely mentioned the joy-con replacement on their booth, while it could be their star product, instead they look ahamed of it.
Maybe they should allow a different company to manufacture it.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It may be better to replace the mold.

Because the more processes, the higher the after-sales rate.

So sorry for the annoying.

Yes, there are still some QC issues now, and even if the service catches up, it is annoying to replace these small parts.
In any case, as long as you have purchased from AKNES and have problems, please contact us to solve them.
GuliKit is also upgrading the production line to improve product quality.

Thank you!
You guys are only selling the product as it is so i guess we are fine your after sells support is also fine i just dont have much trust in gulikit for now cheers.
I know nothing about 15.0.1 and 16.0.3
What's this about? Firmware (possibly) for what? Nintendo Switch?
yea its done thx anyway :D
You can go directly to 16.1.0 even, but should do in order, first you must update Atmosphère and hekate and your payload.
then, remove any theme of you do use it.
Update sigpatches.
And update sysmodules.
After that your can use Atmosphère's daybreak to upgrade your firmware.
yep xD i have done that i guess some muscle memory was still there :D thx

Last edited by Lamcza,

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@AKNES Don't get me wrong, I do really want to buy this and permanently fix my very annoying joy-con drift. I just find the QC issues beyond my comprehension. Gulikit has many many years of experience and this product was very desired by the Switch gaming community. This was teased more than a year ago and started shipping in early January to reviewers. Maybe the product was rushed out into selling and could've waited.
Gulikit's Twitter was very active because of Gamescom 2023 and barely mentioned the joy-con replacement on their booth, while it could be their star product, instead they look ahamed of it.
Maybe they should allow a different company to manufacture it.

In the cooperation with GuliKit, we did encounter many problems and challenges. But I also understand that from a small company, after concentrating on the development of Hall technology, the sudden popularity has brought challenges to the supply chain.
In any case, we still thank every customer who is willing to try GuliKit products. And AKNES is also working hard to make up for the shortcomings left by GuliKit in the process of improving production quality.

You guys are only selling the product as it is so i guess we are fine your after sells support is also fine i just dont have much trust in anker for now cheers.
Anker?

Reactions: Cajumjoe

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In the cooperation with GuliKit, we did encounter many problems and challenges. But I also understand that from a small company, after concentrating on the development of Hall technology, the sudden popularity has brought challenges to the supply chain.
In any case, we still thank every customer who is willing to try GuliKit products. And AKNES is also working hard to make up for the shortcomings left by GuliKit in the process of improving production quality.

Anker?
heh i mean gulikit :D

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anker?
In all seriousness is there any help the user community can provide? Other than financial support and purchasing the products? I really want this product to succeed, as I’m sure others do as well.

Edit: there is a newer version of the stick, I received a replacement shipped from GuliKit directly instead of the other warehouse that fulfills orders. These have NS40 printed in the ribbon cable, so they are indeed continually making changes. They’ve even improved the caps as well much less glossy and a better feeling overall than previous.

The overall calibration process was also much smoother, I’ve reached out over AliExpress to see if I can get an idea of when this version will be available, I was only able to get the newer one as a replacement.

Here is an image for comparison, the gray is the newer stick.

Last edited by G33ksquad,

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
In all seriousness is there any help the user community can provide? Other than financial support and purchasing the products? I really want this product to succeed, as I’m sure others do as well.

Edit: there is a newer version of the stick, I received a replacement shipped from GuliKit directly instead of the other warehouse that fulfills orders. These have NS40 printed in the ribbon cable, so they are indeed continually making changes. They’ve even improved the caps as well much less glossy and a better feeling overall than previous.

The overall calibration process was also much smoother, I’ve reached out over AliExpress to see if I can get an idea of when this version will be available, I was only able to get the newer one as a replacement.

Here is an image for comparison, the gray is the newer stick.
I also just saw an email from a user mentioning this.
Every batch of products produced will improve the minor problems found in the old version. In fact this is not a big change, all chips are consistent. Just an update to fix some old issues.

Reactions: Cajumjoe and Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Every batch of products produced will improve the minor problems found in the old version. In fact this is not a big change, all chips are consistent. Just an update to fix some old issues.
Yea, but you know all of this could be avoided with idk a small group of testers? :X On the first touch i was like hmm this caps sucks i was even writing about it here.
Don't get me wrong I am glad that they listen but still, they produce a ton of faulty sticks with weak/slippery caps, and bet to this time we can easily buy faulty ones from somewhere because of that. Tell them to send the new products to @Cajumjoe first before they release it next time lol :D

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yea, but you know all of this could be avoided with idk a small group of testers? :X On the first touch i was like hmm this caps sucks i was even writing about it here.
Don't get me wrong I am glad that they listen but still, they produce a ton of faulty sticks with weak/slippery caps, and bet to this time we can easily buy faulty ones from somewhere because of that. Tell them to send the new products to @Cajumjoe first before they release it next time lol :D
Hahaha. Good idea. I will let them know.
Count @Lamcza in.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Ah yea I saw that email this morning! So GuliKit did respond stating the new version is the one being sold on AliExpress so hopefully Aknes receives these soon also. Granted I only had one of the new sets the calibration experience was much better, hoping this is consistent with the updates, and the cap improvements, these new ones are way closer to the oem Nintendo feel. As soon as I can confirm AliExpress really is selling the newer version I can finally buy in bulk, and when I know Aknes has these I’ll be able to buy them on Amazon as well. Hoping for a lower failure rate. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I was told buying from this link ensures they come direct from GuliKit, but they also said the other warehouse their stores ships from also has the new version, the last batch I ordered few weeks ago shipped alongside x5 I bought from their official store also, only the x1 they sent as a replacement was the new version.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mswjHJU

I will buy from that link they sent and see what I get, worst case scenario it’s the old version and I just sell them at a discount.

Last edited by G33ksquad,

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

No objections here.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello! Ah yea I saw that email this morning! So GuliKit did respond stating the new version is the one being sold on AliExpress so hopefully Aknes receives these soon also. Granted I only had one of the new sets the calibration experience was much better, hoping this is consistent with the updates, and the cap improvements, these new ones are way closer to the oem Nintendo feel. As soon as I can confirm AliExpress really is selling the newer version I can finally buy in bulk, and when I know Aknes has these I’ll be able to buy them on Amazon as well. Hoping for a lower failure rate. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I was told buying from this link ensures they come direct from GuliKit, but they also said the other warehouse their stores ships from also has the new version, the last batch I ordered few weeks ago shipped alongside x5 I bought from their official store also, only the x1 they sent as a replacement was the new version.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mswjHJU

I will buy from that link they sent and see what I get, worst case scenario it’s the old version and I just sell them at a discount.
I think the NS40 on AKNES is already a new version.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not new version caps of the caps yet
They should release some custom shapes and grip caps perhaps with different heights to choose from plus some cute sh** for girls ofc xD They need to pump that selling numbers.
And remember don't sell them separately at the start add them only to the new pack of sticks
1693654136890.png

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
They should release some custom shapes and grip caps perhaps with different heights to choose from plus some cute sh** for girls ofc xD They need to pump that selling numbers.
And remember don't sell them separately at the start add them only to the new pack of sticks
I will let them know your suggestion.
GuliKit is currently extremely busy due to the KK3, the new dock that will be released at the end of the month, and the Hall replacement for Switch Pro.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will let them know your suggestion.
GuliKit is currently extremely busy due to the KK3, the new dock that will be released at the end of the month, and the Hall replacement for Switch Pro.
Hall Effect joysticks on my Switch Pro! Let them reach me baby!

I've just received my replacement joysticks from Gulikit (NS40), will replace them asap (I'm very busy right now) as I don't have enough time to do all the process in a proper manner (patience is the key).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol