Half-Life & Counter Strike DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by AbdulaPizdec, Nov 28, 2011.

Nov 28, 2011
  1. AbdulaPizdec
    OP

Newcomer AbdulaPizdec Member

I found this on one a russian forum

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

guy has ported a few maps and models for 'quake engine'. some screenshots looks great. but why no one has ported a full game?

2. NaokiKitsuhine

Member NaokiKitsuhine GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    System requeriments to play the game... DS can't handle the full game

3. LeRodeur

Member LeRodeur GBAtemp Regular

France
    Sounds too evident to me that i wont answer

4. junkerde

Banned junkerde Banned

United States
    ds is horribly slow

5. AbdulaPizdec
    OP

maybe somebody can create a port this game on Q1 engine?

6. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    that might be using some Ram expansion, like the EZ 3in1 GBA memory.. Or even attached with a SCDSTwo.. Surely, the Q1 doesn't run on ds, but the above images... idk.. Source?

7. AbdulaPizdec
    OP

http://gbx.ru/index.php?showtopic=19702&view=findpost&p=1209465
    http://gbx.ru/index.php?showtopic=19702&view=findpost&p=1210074

8. LeRodeur

Member LeRodeur GBAtemp Regular

France

Get the files and the mod, try it on ds, http://quake.drunkencoders.com/

There is also this port of quake http://code.google.com/p/cquake/ but never tried it. And i know there is another one but it has been released years ago in beta stage

9. elhobbs

Member elhobbs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the screenshots above a from cquake. there were at least 2 other versions of quake for the ds. the first one made the code was never released only a video, possibly some tester received a copy. it used the hardware 3d and required running all of the quake assets through a converter on a pc - probably the best approach in regards to the limited hardware - but too difficult for most people to figure it out. the other version used the software renderer and was about 1 frame per second and not playable at all. I think the developer abandoned it and used it as a start for a wii port.

the maps for half-life are much bigger than the maps for quake. it would be possible to get it running on either an ievo or using a ram pack but something would need to be done about the tri count as it exceeds the ds capacity. but since it it worked for quake 2 I think that it should work for half-life. quake 2 for the ds limited the view and think distance for enemies, but is still had a lot of problems dropping triangles - playable though.

10. rehevkor

Member rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I think what helped the Quake releases was the fact that id released the source code. This isn't so for Half-Life, this is the biggest stumbling block.

But then the GoldSrc engine is based on the Quake engine, so maybe it's not as much work as it may seem..

11. absolalone111

Newcomer absolalone111 Chiptune Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
    I was thinking about this yesterday, and i have an idea, you could get a copy of mw1 on ds, rom hack it, and have a map creator program. You could then use mw1 as a way of playing levels fro other games, like counterstrike, half life 1 and 2, part 1 and 2, and mabey even tf2. The best thing would be if you could use it to play levels from goldeneye 007 on n64