Hacking Half Bricked R4i-sdhc that only works on dslite. Need debricker/help.

meowskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so my R4i-sdhc 1.4.1 cart is half bricked, meaning it won't work on my DSi but it will work on my ds lite. (My DSi has 1.4.1 firmware still.) This all came about when i tried running an upgrade (.nds file) for a different r4 clone cart on my r4i-sdhc. Yes I'm still an amateur at this.

Now I was wondering if it's possible to downgrade/upgrade/unbrick the cart. I can't seem to find an old firmware or the latest firmware upgrade anywhere but yeah i'm not even sure if this would work. I'm not sure if the devs of r4i-sdhc are coming out with another upgrade anytime soon but I really want to just sell this cart and get an acekard 2i or EZ-flash vi. The reason I want to unbrick this is because I want to see if homebrews that require a slot two ram expansion (like quake team fortress ds) would run on a dsi since it has 4 times the ram than a ds lite. Any help? Any is appreciated.

If it can't be unbricked could someone please tell me if Quake team fortress ds (which could be found on filetrip.net) works on dsi? Thank you.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to look into the DSi for the extra RAM, due to only one flashcard possessing DSi Mode capability, and it's not the one you have. You need to have another flashcard to unbrick your flashcard, but it doesn't sound like your card is bricked.

LinFox has this FILE as the latest kernel, but I don't know for a fact that this specific kernel contains a firmware update. F.Y.I. This card's team bundles the firmware updates with the kernels. IIRC This card can also be updated using the wifi engine that can be downloaded on their website. Good luck.

If the above file doesn't work try this one HERE

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its not bricked bro.
get the latest kernel from the r4i website and go to the upgrade menu (on your ds lite) and update it and it will work.
also you need to but the expansion pak because DSi Mode is not hacked (it was but the team that made it died).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.