Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having an issue with mame2003 extreme MK OST

I have all hmods install to the usb (not the nand) via the transfer folder
Installed mame 2003 and retroarch both most upto date to try out the Mortal Kombat OST hack

But when I run any game with 2003 it says retroarch loading then goes back to frontend

So as I have hmods installed to usb how do I uninstall just one?
Or do I have to uninstall everyone then reinstall which Iv done a few times

Everything else works fine only mame2003 doesn’t work and only after transferring it today

Also did the bios install today that went ok

Thanks

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You running USB-HOST or NON?

Due to their being 4 potential neogeo.zips, I had these separate.

I'm running USB-HOST.

I have the 4 neogeo.zip files from your old coreset. To run the "newer" neogeo.zip with some ROMS and the "old" neogeo.zip with other ROMS, do we have to put the BIOS contents inside the game ROMs ZIP file?

Since you can't just put all 4 "neogeo.zip" BIOS in the km_master_bios_module_3_28_18.hmod file, is putting the neogeo.zip contents inside each ROM itself the only way to do this (use "newer" and "old")??

Last edited by LuckY07,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 4-1-18**

**April Fools, or Is It!"

A few people expected me to do something crazy or epic for April Fools Day. I didn't. But, my cat did! He royally screwed my NES Classic up! Check it out for yourself! I do my best to recover from it, and show a few tricks and drop some knowledge in the process, including how to use the same flash drive for both NES and SNES Classic USB-HOST! This is especially important if you have games from ANY previous hakchi2 that have been migrated over to Hakchi2 CE! Anything related to this video, is considered a "soft" release for now, and will only be in my Mega NZ link:) It will be integrated into my Next Core Set Update, otherwise! I have some other nifty things to add, anyways! For now, check the Mega NZ link! Enjoy the Video:) Personal thanks to hunterk for all that he does for the RetroArch scene!

**SNES NES Classic - April Fools! Or, Is It!? - Canoe Borders on NES Classic!?**

**UPDATE 4-1-18**

No, there will be no epic April Fool's Day prank. But, enjoy these two videos, and enjoy your Easter Weekend!!!

**Literal Speedrunning**

**And, my cat, who loves to bump the keyboard:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Reactions: the_randomizer

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of a faster transfer method to USB?

My 256 GB stick arrived today so of course, I'm going to max it out. I'm looking at over 400 psx games and adding each chunk by letter then exporting takes over an hour. I assume that the time will increase each time.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running USB-HOST.

I have the 4 neogeo.zip files from your old coreset. To run the "newer" neogeo.zip with some ROMS and the "old" neogeo.zip with other ROMS, do we have to put the BIOS contents inside the game ROMs ZIP file?

Since you can't just put all 4 "neogeo.zip" BIOS in the km_master_bios_module_3_28_18.hmod file, is putting the neogeo.zip contents inside each ROM itself the only way to do this (use "newer" and "old")??

Use the NEO-GEO Bypass method

OLD for MAME 2003, NEW for MAME 2010, 2014, FBA 2012, 2016, and UNI for FBA 2012, 2016. Works great for NAND, and USB-HOST

Reactions: LuckY07

teamvb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now I'm trying to get MSU1 supported games working on hakchi CE but I get an error when transferring a folder. Are there new steps to get MSU1 working?
First 7zip the games.sfc and then zip it,add your zip game,uncompress and copy all the files to the game folder,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of oddness happened to me last night. I turned on my nes classic and played a couple of games. Then, I went back to the menu. When I clicked on the Turbografix16 section, the screen went black. The system was still on, though. So, I turned it off and waited for a few seconds then turned it back on. The light came on, but the screen was still black.

So, I broke out my computer and reflashed the games. Except that it gave me some error message that there wasn't enough space....which was weird. But...whatever. So, I removed a few games that I have never played in the year they've been on the system. When I reflashed the system THIS time, it seemed to work.

I started playing some games. After a while, the screen went black. Except that this time, it let me go back to the menu. After all this, it seemed to work just fine. I'll play some more later on tonight and see. I DID have a weird moment in Discs Of Tron. I was trying to get a semi good looking shader and picked one at random. A few would make the game stutter and jerk. When I picked on particular shader, don't recall what it was, the DOT screen went black but the sound still played and it appeared that the game was still going. Don't know why the screen went blank because of this, but it went back to normal and working.

I think that maybe going into the retroarch menu too quickly may have caused the freezing and blank screens problem.

Has any of this happened to any of you ?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 4-5-18**

I bring to you, RetroArch Custom Wallpapers (km_retroarch_custom_wallpapers_4_5_18.hmod) in the Core Set! SNES Classic Canoe Borders added for use with NES Classic, as well! RetroArch Options, Settings, Custom Overlays, choose Mini SNES Border.cfg file! To go back to default Border, simply select default.cfg!

Many many Cores Updated with bugfixes, tweaks, optimizations, etc, including FBA 2016, FBA 2012, PCSX ReArmed NEON, and 20+ others! IREM Protection broken in MAME 2003 Xtreme (Thanks to shedeus for heads up!). If you are not running Custom Mortal Kombat OST, you can use _km_mame2003_2_26_18, instead, for now! I will see what can be done to fix the IREM Games, without screwing up the MK Change! Sorry for any inconvenience!

Performance Upgrades are still WIP! But, you can look at the WIP ReadMe in Xtras/Performance Folder to see what I am currently working on! Feel free to keep suggesting other Games! For now, enjoy the Update, and have fun with the RetroArch Custom Wallpapers, Canoe Borders on NESC, and several Updated Cores! I am working on several other things, for the Next Update:) Enjoy these Videos, in the meantime!!!

**SNES Classic - RetroCat, erm RetroArch Custom Wallpapers + CPS3 Test!!!**

**SNES Classic - Cat Themed Games?!**

**SNES NES Classic - Voodoo Cat Magic - Convert NESC into SNESC & Vice Versa + Alt HMOD Installation:)**

**SNES NES Classic - April Fools! Or, Is It!? - Canoe Borders on NES Classic!?**

**And, of course, the Update:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Last edited by KMFDManic,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Register at hakchiresources.com and join the discord to win a sweet microSD card mod for your SNES or NES classic!

Last edited by PPlays,

RetrogamerX

Trophies
XP
Country
I had sega cd working perfect, but uninstall the cores and for the life of me I can't get it working again I had it working before, but seems I must be missing the cd bios? I had a core picodrive module and it's now not there? I put genesis plus gx the newest one from km and still not working? Does anyone have the pico or genesis plus modules with the bios?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had sega cd working perfect, but uninstall the cores and for the life of me I can't get it working again I had it working before, but seems I must be missing the cd bios? I had a core picodrive module and it's now not there? I put genesis plus gx the newest one from km and still not working? Does anyone have the pico or genesis plus modules with the bios?
They've had to remove the BIOS from newer releases due to legal issues. Check this post on /r/miniSNESmods for more details on that.

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no. Anyone have a newest set with sega cd bios?

Files you need for those cores

GENESIS PLUS GX = bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, bios_CD_U.bin, bios_E.sms, bios_J.sms, bios_U.sms (Sega-CD, MegaDrive, Sega Master System)

GENESIS PLUS GX LOCK-ON TECHNOLOGY = areplay.bin, ggenie.bin, sk.bin, sk2chip.bin (Sonic & Knuckles Lock-On + Game Genie + Action Replay)

PICODRIVE = bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, bios_CD_U.bin (Sega-CD, MegaDrive)

Reactions: PPlays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work