Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but precisely the eboot of ff8 is over 2go and hakchi does not support games of this size. Even if I include it manually in the usb it refuses to launch.

Games over 2gb load fine. The reason hakchi2 doesn't read them is another issue entirely. FFVIII should work fine, as long as proper eboot.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it has something to do with my set up. I've flashed and moved things around so many times that it probably conflicted something.

Castlevania definitely runs normal speed for me. Are you using neon or did you use standard pcsx rearmed for your test video?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neon, always Neon lol. It's working fine now so It's probably some setting in retroarch I'd have to look at.

You may have possibly used the pcsx rearmed that I have posted a few times, then omitted from my set, accidentally? The original PCSX never ran well. That is why I pushed towards tweaking and using only a special Neon Variant of it, code wise. Today, I am gonna push out a performance Upgrade for PSP. I will look into fixing other Cores with performance issues in future Updates. But, PSP gets a little better, today:)

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have possibly used the pcsx rearmed that I have posted a few times, then omitted from my set, accidentally? The original PCSX never ran well. That is why I pushed towards tweaking and using only a special Neon Variant of it, code wise. Today, I am gonna push out a performance Upgrade for PSP. I will look into fixing other Cores with performance issues in future Updates. But, PSP gets a little better, today:)
Yeah I waiting for some progress on the PSP emulation before messing with it. I did a follow up video in regards to SotN and all the other games run great with it (well the ones that would load anyway).

Last edited by PPlays,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Cluster sorry to bother you, but do you exactly what file from the stock Kernel of the SNES Mini is the one that handles the on-the-fly patching for the ROMs?
I am talking about patches like text changes, light intensity changes, etc.
I recall reading something about the "kachikachi" file being the one which does the changes for the NES Mini, but I'm unsure which one does it for the SNES mini.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cluster sorry to bother you, but do you exactly what file from the stock Kernel of the SNES Mini is the one that handles the on-the-fly patching for the ROMs?
I am talking about patches like text changes, light intensity changes, etc.
I recall reading something about the "kachikachi" file being the one which does the changes for the NES Mini, but I'm unsure which one does it for the SNES mini.

In-memory patches are applied by canoe, the SNES emulator.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 2-7-18

PSP Performance Upgrade!!! After playing, testing, tweaking, over the last week, I have finally netted some Beautiful Results. Games look much better right out of the box, and have some decent FPS Gains to boot! Do not expect miracles, obviously:) Watch the Test Video of this in action:) Personal Thanks to Gravy for tipping me off on the amazing Dragon's Lair Conversion that I was not even aware of:) Simply uninstall current RetroArch, and install one from Today's Update to experience these changes:) I had to revert 1.7.0 ffmpeg to 2-2-18, due to video support being broken:) I also adjusted it so videos can load from the get go, without any change in settings:) Enjoy the Update! I will get another Update out later in the week with many Updated Cores and other such fun!

SNES Classic - PSP Performance Upgrade Video :)

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/tag/v2.5-2018

Reactions: KiiWii

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How the extern retroarch mod works?
First install normal retroarch and after that the extern?
Or how?

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the extern retroarch mod works?
First install normal retroarch and after that the extern?
Or how?

Anything in libretro, on NAND, gets pushed to USB, if you install External RetroArch. But, if you goof up, you will need to redo USB-HOST. I have had to redo it a few times. But, it is nice once you get used to it.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
UPDATE 2-7-18

PSP Performance Upgrade!!! After playing, testing, tweaking, over the last week, I have finally netted some Beautiful Results. Games look much better right out of the box, and have some decent FPS Gains to boot! Do not expect miracles, obviously:) Watch the Test Video of this in action:) Personal Thanks to Gravy for tipping me off on the amazing Dragon's Lair Conversion that I was not even aware of:) Simply uninstall current RetroArch, and install one from Today's Update to experience these changes:) I had to revert 1.7.0 ffmpeg to 2-2-18, due to video support being broken:) I also adjusted it so videos can load from the get go, without any change in settings:) Enjoy the Update! I will get another Update out later in the week with many Updated Cores and other such fun!

SNES Classic - PSP Performance Upgrade Video :)

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/tag/v2.5-2018

This new Retroarch, is only affecting the PSP games, right? I mean, it won't affect on other games? The last one I installed was 170. Can't it just be installed by putting inside "transfer" folder? :D

I also have other questions if you don't mind:
1. In USB Host, everytime I turn on the system I always get the main GUI with 21 original games, none are playable if I hit A button (C7 error), thus I must turn the system off then on again, then everything's set. Is this normal or have I made a mistake in the process?
2. After a NAND game save is pushed to USB, how to return it back to NAND again?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anything in libretro, on NAND, gets pushed to USB, if you install External RetroArch. But, if you goof up, you will need to redo USB-HOST. I have had to redo it a few times. But, it is nice once you get used to it.
Then when i understand correct i Update the retroarch and the extern is installed it will be automatic pushen to extern storage?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then when i understand correct i Update the retroarch and the extern is installed it will be automatic pushen to extern storage?

Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This new Retroarch, is only affecting the PSP games, right? I mean, it won't affect on other games? The last one I installed was 170. Can't it just be installed by putting inside "transfer" folder? :D

I also have other questions if you don't mind:
1. In USB Host, everytime I turn on the system I always get the main GUI with 21 original games, none are playable if I hit A button (C7 error), thus I must turn the system off then on again, then everything's set. Is this normal or have I made a mistake in the process?
2. After a NAND game save is pushed to USB, how to return it back to NAND again?

Yes, just PSP for now. I will work in N64, too. And, SAVES Folder in core set to push saves back and forth.

Reactions: maande80

Glenzee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all! My second post here!

I'm still having trouble getting MAME roms to work.

I used some roms that kaz321123 has available, I was sure these would work, still nothing. After trying one of his, I thought maybe I didn't have mame installed, so I reinstalled the mame mod. I'm using hakchi v2.21f.
All I get is a dark screen for a few moments, then back to the MAME folder I have built in the SNES itself.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played