Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Snes issue

hi i think i had issues with a memory leak so uninstalled hakchi and installed my original firmware. now i have flashed custom firmware and memory is only showing 237mb is that normal or do i have a problem. nohmods,no games and no custom borders ect installed. have incuded a screen shot to show possible issue

have tried:

Q: Why my NES Mini lost some space available for games? I used to install X megabytes of games early but I can't know!

A: Writable partition can be filled not only with games. First of all, check save-states using Save-States manager. Remove unwanted ones. Then check for installed mods. If you still can't find flash memory leak, use FTP Server (available since version 2.16) and check /var/lib folder - it contains all writable data. Maybe there are some unused large file. But think twice before deleting something. Remove them on your own risk. You can't brick your NES Mini that way but you can brick some settings or save-states.

with no luck

Attachments

• hakchi.png
    hakchi.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 495
Last edited by johnnytheboy12,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i think i had issues with a memory leak so uninstalled hakchi and installed my original firmware. now i have flashed custom firmware and memory is only showing 237mb is that normal or do i have a problem. nohmods,no games and no custom borders ect installed. have incuded a screen shot to show possible issue

have tried:

Q: Why my NES Mini lost some space available for games? I used to install X megabytes of games early but I can't know!

A: Writable partition can be filled not only with games. First of all, check save-states using Save-States manager. Remove unwanted ones. Then check for installed mods. If you still can't find flash memory leak, use FTP Server (available since version 2.16) and check /var/lib folder - it contains all writable data. Maybe there are some unused large file. But think twice before deleting something. Remove them on your own risk. You can't brick your NES Mini that way but you can brick some settings or save-states.

with no luck

I know you posted a question and answer about NES, but are you perhaps using a SNES Classic?

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, that's the amount available for the SNES. Everything seems fine. NES had more available because the included games are 8 bit and not 16 like the SNES (which means the games are smaller).
Thanks for your reply I was hoping that was the reason just thought I would ask just to be certain.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! My second post here!

I'm still having trouble getting MAME roms to work.

I used some roms that kaz321123 has available, I was sure these would work, still nothing. After trying one of his, I thought maybe I didn't have mame installed, so I reinstalled the mame mod. I'm using hakchi v2.21f.
All I get is a dark screen for a few moments, then back to the MAME folder I have built in the SNES itself.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you in advance!

Try using fba 2016 instead

Reactions: Glenzee

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cant get Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of Super Heroes to work aswell as a few other mame titles could do with a little help. All i get is black screen for a few seconds the return back to game selection screen

followed patton plays video to the letter with no luck

SNES.. Mod.clv-301 (uk)
Flashed custom kernel using hakchi2 - v2.21f
Using RetroArch module for hakchi version1.0c
_km_retroarch_167_2_7_18

modules tried removed each one before trying another in case of conflicts:

_km_fbalpha2012_cps2_10_24_17
_km_fbalpha2016_1_26_18
_km_fbalpha2012_10_31_17
fb_alpha_cps2

changed:
/bin/zip /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-CZQFA/mvsc.zip
to
/bin/fba2012 /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-CZQFA/mvsc.zip
or what ever the selected module needs to follow /bin/...

Last edited by johnnytheboy12,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant get Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of Super Heroes to work aswell as a few other mame titles could do with a little help. All i get is black screen for a few seconds the return back to game selection screen

followed patton plays video to the letter with no luck

SNES.. Mod.clv-301 (uk)
Flashed custom kernel using hakchi2 - v2.21f
Using RetroArch module for hakchi version1.0c
_km_retroarch_167_2_7_18

modules tried removed each one before trying another in case of conflicts:

_km_fbalpha2012_cps2_10_24_17
_km_fbalpha2016_1_26_18
_km_fbalpha2012_10_31_17
fb_alpha_cps2

changed:
/bin/zip /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-CZQFA/mvsc.zip
to
/bin/fba2012 /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-CZQFA/mvsc.zip
or what ever the selected module needs to follow /bin/...

Have you tried just mame2003 and retroarch? Mame and fba roms are not interchangeable.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the problem ist the zip file

The game must be in a. 7z file and Not .zip .
The snes and retroarch only can Use .7z.
And the file Name is wrong too.
mvsc.zip is not correct. A gba would be the Name
mvsc.gb.7z! Instand of GB you must Have the Rom Extension.
AT fba i would Pack The files in a 7z instand of a zip file Because There is no gba, gen or.... File.
I would take the file in the Archiv and put it in a other archive

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Liriel,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AT fba i would Pack The files in a 7z instand of a zip file Because There is no gba, gen or.... File.

Why can't it be in zip format? It's using 7-zip unpacker which can handle zip files, so I don't see why it couldn't handle zip

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Following the guide online by Patton plays he never mentioned zip file needing repacked into 7zip however I will give this ago when I get home. Am sure 7zip can open zip files but could be wrong. I have even tried loading the core through retroarch an then going to the game and loading it that way with and still won't load

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why can't it be in zip format? It's using 7-zip unpacker which can handle zip files, so I don't see why it couldn't handle zip

Zip is a other Algorithmus then 7z.
And all other roms work only with 7z packaged with the 7z Programm.
That 7z can unpack zip is not the Same aß it Pack in 7z.
Windows can to unpack zip.

Last edited by Liriel,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Following the guide online by Patton plays he never mentioned zip file needing repacked into 7zip however I will give this ago when I get home. Am sure 7zip can open zip files but could be wrong. I have even tried loading the core through retroarch an then going to the game and loading it that way with and still won't load
How Old is the guide and wich kernel and co Re is it using?

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zip is a other Algorithmus then 7z.
And all other roms work only with 7z packaged with the 7z Programm.
That 7z can unpack zip is not the Same aß it Pack in 7z.
Windows can to unpack zip.

Well, it's kind of funny that I'm running zip files on my SNES Classic. Also, some of the ones I'm running don't have the core in the filename. I don't really know where you are getting your information, but it's wrong.

EDIT: you do realize it is passing the file to 7zip unpacker to be unpacked into a temp location, right? Whether the ending filename is 7z or zip, it is unpacked the same exact way. Doesn't matter that zip and 7z are different packers. Try it on DOS, Linux, MacOS, Windows, even FreeDOS. You may have to search a while for a DOS unpacker, but there is one because I've used it (I'm talking about real DOS v6.22, not the ones packaged with Windows starting with 95).

Last edited by evilvoice,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it's kind of funny that I'm running zip files on my SNES Classic. Also, some of the ones I'm running don't have the core in the filename. I don't really know where you are getting your information, but it's wrong.

Pack a nes, snes and Co rom in a zip file (with winrar, Windows or winzig) and the Mini snes can not read it.
Pack the Same in a 7z file with the 7z Programm and the Mini snes can Reader it!

Thats the Same since hakchi 2 for the Mini snes.
I am here since the Release of the Mini snes and that Was every time the problem.

Hakchi 2 Pack it in 7z with 7z.

Last edited by Liriel,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would name m2003 work as I think marvel v capcom is a cps2 rom sorry for my poor info

So, now that I'm home and looking at my setup, I can provide a better answer.
You don't need to worry about conflicting hmods, they only run when called and they're only called when you click on a game to load. The only thing you need to worry about is space, but if you're not loading every game in the world, you'll be okay. I would try loading these hmods and see if it works
km_bios_neo_mame2003_req
km__fbalpha2012_cps2
km_mame2003
km_retroarch_167 (you may have a higher number here)

You'll need to change your desktop file/or the command line to bin/mame2003

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pack a nes, snes and Co rom in a zip file (with winrar, Windows or winzig) and the Mini snes can not read it.
Pack the Same in a 7z file with the 7z Programm and the Mini snes can Reader it!

Thats the Same since hakchi 2 for the Mini snes.
I am here since the Release of the Mini snes and that Was every time the problem.

Hakchi 2 Pack it in 7z with 7z.

And? I've been here since the mini NES and I haven't had a problem getting zip to work. It may matter what program you pack it in, because I always use 7-zip since it's free and handles most archives, but the method between zip and 7z does not matter. If what you say is true, why does it work for me?

Last edited by evilvoice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...