Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done both

I helped someone else troubleshoot this issue and it ended up being an indirect connection, wherein, they plugged into usb 3.0 protocol, where the cable for the Mini works mainly with 2.0, in a majority of cases. There are a multitude of reasons, but this is a fairly common one. Wrong Cable, or an indirect connection.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well still no luck having hachi recognizing my mini

I have not seen "all" of your relative posts to this issue. But, fill me in on what Operating System you are using. I have done several videos on this problem, as well as have helped hundreds fix it.

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I helped someone else troubleshoot this issue and it ended up being an indirect connection, wherein, they plugged into usb 3.0 protocol, where the cable for the Mini works mainly with 2.0, in a majority of cases. There are a multitude of reasons, but this is a fairly common one. Wrong Cable, or an indirect connection.

I have not seen "all" of your relative posts to this issue. But, fill me in on what Operating System you are using. I have done several videos on this problem, as well as have helped hundreds fix it.
I just bought a laptop Saturday. I only have one USB plug on this computer and when I try to install the driver. It never recognizes the mini

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a laptop Saturday. I only have one USB plug on this computer and when I try to install the driver. It never recognizes the mini

Let's hope it isn't a usb 3.0 port! If that is the case, you may possibly be out of luck. What operating system, and model number for the computer?

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It's an hp computer

It's an hp computer

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    737.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    991.8 KB · Views: 141

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an hp computer

It is a USB 3.0 Port, unfortunately. So, there are a few possible options you can use. This does not mean you have "no way" of using the port. There may be another conflict at work. But, generally, 3.0 Ports do not play well with the NES Mini. I have had many switch to 2.0 Ports and be fine! You can try going into your BIOS Settings, when booting up the computer, and disable 3.0 functionality for USB and/or enable legacy device support for older 2.0, etc devices! You may also get decent results using a 3.0 to 2.0 USB Adapter. These are cheap, and may be worth a few bucks to test out. They have worked for me in other Computers I have troubleshooted with Older Hardware Setups and Configurations!

But, getting back to my original "no way". You may potentially, also have virus protection, or lack true Administrative Rights, as far as being able to actually do anything with the Mini NES. Hakchi2, generally false positives many Virus Protections, especially Norton. In several instances, I had to help people completely uninstall Norton, just to get the Mini to work. Then, reinstall Norton! It varied, case by case, depending on how Norton was initially configured!

So, for now, I would recommend trying to get into BIOS, and hopefully...you have an option to disable 3.0! Let me know, I can advise you of other things to try or do.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So go into device manager and disable the 3.0

Not quite as easy as that. It would be in BIOS, when you boot up the computer, usually holding F2, or F1, etc, depending on which specific computer or Bios are installed. Did you buy this computer locally? Or, Online? It is pretty bad to have just "one" usb port on a computer.

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Not quite as easy as that. It would be in BIOS, when you boot up the computer, usually holding F2, or F1, etc, depending on which specific computer or Bios are installed. Did you buy this computer locally? Or, Online? It is pretty bad to have just "one" usb port on a computer.
Bought it at Walmart

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would actually suggest you return the laptop and get one that has more than one USB Port, looking up the hardware specifics, you may find 2.0 as one or more of the ports. Typically, 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0. But, in some cases, it simply isn't. If the computer has Windows 10 installed on it, there are a few other factors that can be screwing you up. Windows XP & 7 work the best with Hakchi2. Windows Vista, 8, and 10 tend to require a few tweaks to get running.

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I would actually suggest you return the laptop and get one that has more than one USB Port, looking up the hardware specifics, you may find 2.0 as one or more of the ports. Typically, 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0. But, in some cases, it simply isn't. If the computer has Windows 10 installed on it, there are a few other factors that can be screwing you up. Windows XP & 7 work the best with Hakchi2. Windows Vista, 8, and 10 tend to require a few tweaks to get running.
i am using windows 10

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using windows 10

Just as a random example, look at the specs on THIS computer. You will see what I mean by being NICE enough to have a USB Port dedicated for OLDER Hardware:)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Strea...-Processor-4GB-RAM-32GB-eMMC-Storage/54056482

I would strongly recommend trying to find a similar model to yours that has ports like this one:) Then, you will have far less problems with the Mini, as well as ANYTHING else you want to connect, that might be older hardware wise, be it Controllers, WebCams, etc.

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Just as a random example, look at the specs on THIS computer. You will see what I mean by being NICE enough to have a USB Port dedicated for OLDER Hardware:)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Strea...-Processor-4GB-RAM-32GB-eMMC-Storage/54056482

I would strongly recommend trying to find a similar model to yours that has ports like this one:) Then, you will have far less problems with the Mini, as well as ANYTHING else you want to connect, that might be older hardware wise, be it Controllers, WebCams, etc.
I looked at that one first lol

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at that one first lol

Well, you are within your right to get a "working" computer. Once you do that, the rest should be much more manageable:) USB 2.0 is the key:) Like I said, it does not always affect connectivity. But, I am pretty sure, in this case...it does! Plus, 1 USB Port is gonna be very restrictive in the future! What if you need to copy files from one flash drive to another? Or hook up your phone, as well as a flash drive. You limit yourself with one port.

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well, you are within your right to get a "working" computer. Once you do that, the rest should be much more manageable:) USB 2.0 is the key:) Like I said, it does not always affect connectivity. But, I am pretty sure, in this case...it does! Plus, 1 USB Port is gonna be very restrictive in the future! What if you need to copy files from one flash drive to another? Or hook up your phone, as well as a flash drive. You limit yourself with one port.
I'll take this one back and get that one

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take this one back and get that one

Once you get the replacement computer, you may be able to instantly do Hakchi2 without issue. But, if you still have a problem, you will need to do a couple minor, not very difficult things. At least you are not wasting too much time on a bogus port, when that pretty much is the most likely issue:)

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure plugging in a USB 2.0 hub to the 3.0 port will have the same (positive) effect. Worth a try and a LOT less cost, effort, and hassle.

Rodney

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure plugging in a USB 2.0 hub to the 3.0 port will have the same (positive) effect. Worth a try and a LOT less cost, effort, and hassle.

Rodney

Have tested the hub thing before. I have quite a few hubs laying around, heh. Some work, some don't. This was something that came to light when helping others troubleshoot their Mini NES issues months ago. Same thing goes for HDMI to Analog Adapters, and vice versa. It mainly depends on how good the product is, in many cases. The USB Hub that came with my Rock Band set, years ago! Works! But, a 5 out of 10 (some self-sufficient, using USB as the power source, others AC Adapter Powered) others I tried, did not. And, they were also a combination of 2.0 and 3.0 Hubs. Some 2.0 did not work, some did, and, I believe at least 1 of the 3.0 Hubs worked, if I recall correctly! Tried and true, it seems the best overall chance of a good NES Mini connection, tends to be Directly to a USB 2.0, with official cable that comes with it. I can't even begin to tell you how many times this ended up being the cause! I have literally said that as the very first thing, and hours later, they would finally do it, after trying a ton of other things! I know, it sucks. But, it is what it is. Lastly, the biggest reason of all I told him to return it is due to the fact that it ONLY has 1 port. That is pathetic for any computer.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

Metaljl74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Have tested the hub thing before. I have quite a few hubs laying around, heh. Some work, some don't. This was something that came to light when helping others troubleshoot their Mini NES issues months ago. Same thing goes for HDMI to Analog Adapters, and vice versa. It mainly depends on how good the product is, in many cases. The USB Hub that came with my Rock Band set, years ago! Works! But, a 5 out of 10 (some self-sufficient, using USB as the power source, others AC Adapter Powered) others I tried, did not. And, they were also a combination of 2.0 and 3.0 Hubs. Some 2.0 did not work, some did, and, I believe at least 1 of the 3.0 Hubs worked, if I recall correctly! Tried and true, it seems the best overall chance of a good NES Mini connection, tends to be Directly to a USB 2.0, with official cable that comes with it. I can't even begin to tell you how many times this ended up being the cause! I have literally said that as the very first thing, and hours later, they would finally do it, after trying a ton of other things! I know, it sucks. But, it is what it is. Lastly, the biggest reason of all I told him to return it is due to the fact that it ONLY has 1 port. That is pathetic for any computer.
Make up your mind before I buy one lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@