Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If able to I will get arcade stun runner and pit fighter on there, too.

Hehe don't do it on account of me. I really only like them on Lynx:-)

Btw, with your setup will there be a handful of available save slots for a few games? Or are you just maxing it out with games?

SusiSukram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone, i need some Help. I updated to Version 2.16 and suddenly i can't synchronize my Games no more. It's stuck with the "Waiting for nes Mini" Screen. It says to 1. connect NES Mini with PC via USB and 2. Turn on the NES... but nothing happens after that. I still can install new mods and stuff...

...i figured it out.. thanks

Last edited by SusiSukram,

Pr0jectZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. Do still have to use the folders to avoid the C8 ERROR?

2. Fixed the C8 ERROR when open too many folders with NES games?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
satans hollow works fine with mame2000

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wow. big difference.. thanks for the tip
Mortal Kombat runs fine in mame2003, but for some reason, it won't let me make a save point on the nes classic. Do you think it would help to have it run on mame2000 instead ? Galaga has the save problem as well. It lets me save but if I try to resume from the save point, it just starts from the beginning.

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a weird problem that hopefully someone here can help. Two games I loved when I was a kid were Lunar Lander and Battlezone. They start just fine on the nes classic. I "add a coin" and then hit start to play the game....but it doesn't happen. What DOES happen is I see a VERY quick flash of the menu you get when you hit TAB on your computer while playing MAME. Then, it gives me a little slider menu on the bottom where I can change stuff like Vector Flicker and other stuff like that. I know that's there when playing MAME on a computer, but on the nes classic, I don't see anyway of hitting some sort of an escape button like you can on a computer.

Because of this problem, you can't play these two games on the nes classic. Is there a way to make the menu go away like you can on a computer, so that you can play the games ?

On another note, even with the Satan's Hollow rom from the 0.78 romset, the game still doesn't open. It only goes to black and then back to the main menu. I also can't get Tron and Discs Of Tron to work. Not that big of a deal, really, as I can play them on my computer if I really want to. It's just annoying that I can't get them to work even with the rom set that matches the version of mame that the nes classic runs....

And the rampage rom that matches the mame version doesn't work, either. Nor does Tapper.

Use MAME 2000 for Rampage and Tapper for certain. And, use MAME 2000, for Satan's Hollow and Tron games, since they MAY work there, as well.

If you have the right kind of controller, L2+R2 will open up MAME options, where you can bind keys that would normally be on a computer keyboard...hence, fixing your Lunar Lander, Battlezone issues. And, this will also help you with setup for Tron, which used odd controls in the Arcade. It worked very nicely for games like Xybots, for me!

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use MAME 2000 for Rampage and Tapper for certain. And, use MAME 2000, for Satan's Hollow and Tron games, since they MAY work there, as well.

If you have the right kind of controller, L2+R2 will open up MAME options, where you can bind keys that would normally be on a computer keyboard...hence, fixing your Lunar Lander, Battlezone issues. And, this will also help you with setup for Tron, which used odd controls in the Arcade. It worked very nicely for games like Xybots, for me!
Thanks for the help. How does the key binding thing work ? I was looking into this earlier and found this..."

Start a game, press the [tab] button, and select "Input (general)" in the menu list. Change "UI Cancel" to the key you want to use instead.

Also, IPAC default settings is that pressing player1 start and player2 start at the same time send the esc key, if you want to use it instead of remapping UI Cancel."

What I need to do is find a way to get rid of the mame menu WITHOUT shutting mame or retroarch down. On my computer, I just hit the TAB or Escape button to do this. What setting do I need to change to do this on the nes classic ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe don't do it on account of me. I really only like them on Lynx:-)

Btw, with your setup will there be a handful of available save slots for a few games? Or are you just maxing it out with games?

My setup, following the guidelines of 300 mb games max, 10 mb in HMODS, will still allow space for save states. Just don't go crazy making a ton of them. Best thing to do is play a few games at a time, then get rid of those saves, and move onto others! If you overload ANY setup with save states, you will turn the system on and get a permanent c8 error. But, this error is very easy to fix. I have several methods of fixing it without messing with the integrity of the setup!
Thanks for the help. How does the key binding thing work ? I was looking into this earlier and found this..."

Start a game, press the [tab] button, and select "Input (general)" in the menu list. Change "UI Cancel" to the key you want to use instead.

Also, IPAC default settings is that pressing player1 start and player2 start at the same time send the esc key, if you want to use it instead of remapping UI Cancel."

What I need to do is find a way to get rid of the mame menu WITHOUT shutting mame or retroarch down. On my computer, I just hit the TAB or Escape button to do this. What setting do I need to change to do this on the nes classic ?

If you use the L2+R2, it will pull up MAME options, with one option being INPUT. In there, you can select any INPUT, then rebind it directly to a button on your controller. When you click it, it will clear, then you simply hold down the button you want to take its place. It is identical to setting up a controller on PC:)

Reactions: chillmodious

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup, following the guidelines of 300 mb games max, 10 mb in HMODS, will still allow space for save states. Just don't go crazy making a ton of them. Best thing to do is play a few games at a time, then get rid of those saves, and move onto others! If you overload ANY setup with save states, you will turn the system on and get a permanent c8 error. But, this error is very easy to fix. I have several methods of fixing it without messing with the integrity of the setup

Great to know. Yes, the idea would be to have a handful of slots available for the games I'm actively playing, and then remove them to go into the next games, etc. The idea is for my second unit (with your setup) to be more of a universal gaming machine, so to speak, whereas with my primary unit it's a much more personal experience and I like to keep a save of every game I play just prior to beating it (e.g. Zelda, when I'm right outside Gannon's chamber; or SMB3, at the end of the final pirate ship; etc.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2