United States
Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: chillmodious

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted every Colecovision Game into individual Gameboy Advance Roms, complete with bios and emulator. Full set, all with 3d art. Wonderful set. I will be publicly releasing it fairly soon, per my current setup

My current WIP Nes Mini Setup, 2218 Total Games, with room to spare:)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic..._current_wip_nes_mini_setup_2218_total_games/

My personal setup is done. Mirroring yours on a second unit is what I'm most excited about. I'm ready to go back in on Lynx and get my S.T.U.N. Runner and Pit Fighter fixes! Among other things. Can't wait. (But obviously take your time and perfect it as you need to!)

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal setup is done. Mirroring yours on a second unit is what I'm most excited about. I'm ready to go back in on Lynx and get my S.T.U.N. Runner and Pit Fighter fixes! Among other things. Can't wait. (But obviously take your time and perfect it as you need to!)

Lynx set successfully added using my compression technique, along with fixed command line arguments. Applying my lossless compression on top of that knocked the whole set down almost 37mb less than if added normally in hakchi2. Stun runner was fun!

Reactions: chillmodious

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
I see that its the same files as mess but I don't see how to get the .so or .info file for this. Do I need to build it from the source? I have never done that before.

Thanks again for putting up with me :-)

Oops, wait. VICE is not available as libretro core, RetroPie uses VICE binary (as a separate emulator) to run C64 games.
I guess you'll need VICE binary for RPi (I don't know how to get one) and hope it'll work on NESC. I doubt that's going to happen though.

Neite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are a g
I converted every Colecovision Game into individual Gameboy Advance Roms, complete with bios and emulator. Full set, all with 3d art. Wonderful set. I will be publicly releasing it fairly soon, per my current setup

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic..._current_wip_nes_mini_setup_2218_total_games/

You are a genius my friend.

How did you convert the colecovision games? Can you do that with any other systems like C64 or AppleII?

pcm720 (Crazy nice guy) has been walking me through making my own hmods but I am such a newb I don't know if I will ever get the C64 hmod working.

Last edited by Neite,

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I did that last week but i found that it emulates the Coleco like crap, the sound is crap, and the video output has errors, and some games were crashing...i rather have CoolCV running on the NESC but it seems that no-one is willing to convert this emulator to NESC.

Reactions: ByteThis

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone! I have two custom folder sets I would like share.

The first set was posted earlier - Custom Nintendo "Dust Sleeve" Folders
View attachment 79133
You can download these here: http://www.filedropper.com/sleevefolders

My second set was recently completed (some images were sourced from the internet and edited to fit the collection) - Custom Gamepad/Controller Custom Folders

View attachment 79134
Download it here: http://www.filedropper.com/controllersv4

Here are the Custom Gamepad Folders in action:
View attachment 79135

Enjoy!
Hey man. Your 2nd link isn't working.

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So how do I get my 8bitdo Nes 30 control to work with it?
Way back this was posted:
Firmware 1.05beta0 onn retro reciever,, and you need newewst firmware om 8bit do controller
---------------------------------------
So I had done some testing. The Receiver works great, but you need to set it up in RetroArch, all the buttons seem to work, but I think they set in the firmware that the D-Pad to Analog controls. The reason is when you first run a game in RA, it does not work on D-PAD.

I followed the instructions that I posted earlier that I found on Reddit:
Posted by rob3d on Reddit

Plug in your wired controller to the player 2 port to navigate the menus

• bring up RA options by hitting L+R+SELECT+START on the 8bitdo
  • Plug in your wired nes mini controller to the player 2 port
  • Choose settings with the wired controller
  • choose Input
  • chose Input user 1 binds
  • Choose user 1 dpad up
  • press a on the wired controller
  • then up on the 8 bit do
Repeat for all dpad binds

After doing this I was able to bind them up. After the first one was bound, I plugged in my 2nd Receiver and then did the same except controller 1 is working. so no need to plug in a wired controller. After that saved, everything worked fine. Reminder you will have to do this process each time you flash new stuff, because the retroarch config gets overwritten.

SNES30 and SFC30 feel great playing just about any game from NES, Genesis, SNES, to arcade. I still didn't like the NES30 because of the form factor is rectangular like NES controller. Feels weird because of the L and R buttons. I don't own a NES30 Pro so I can tell, but the looks of it seems to feel similar to Wii Classic Controlller. I hope this helps on your decision. Now to finally enjoy playing lol.

Update 2.13e works wonders, no issues after using this. Much Appreciated

Last edited by psygho,

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are a g

You are a genius my friend.

How did you convert the colecovision games? Can you do that with any other systems like C64 or AppleII?

pcm720 (Crazy nice guy) has been walking me through making my own hmods but I am such a newb I don't know if I will ever get the C64 hmod working.

One week ago, i posted a way to play Coleco games.
You need a converter that converts the Coleco game to a GBA game, it adds and emulator in the gba file.
Than you need MGBA to play those GBA files, but the quality of the games are not good.
I do not know if there is a way to play c64 games with that same trick...I am still searching for a good working Colecovision emulator.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One week ago, i posted a way to play Coleco games.
You need a converter that converts the Coleco game to a GBA game, it adds and emulator in the gba file.
Than you need MGBA to play those GBA files, but the quality of the games are not good.
I do not know if there is a way to play c64 games with that same trick...I am still searching for a good working Colecovision emulator.
Use a C64 emulator for DOS and run it in DOSBox (i gave some examples a few posts ago) ;)

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Way back this was posted:
Firmware 1.05beta0 onn retro reciever,, and you need newewst firmware om 8bit do controller
---------------------------------------
So I had done some testing. The Receiver works great, but you need to set it up in RetroArch, all the buttons seem to work, but I think they set in the firmware that the D-Pad to Analog controls. The reason is when you first run a game in RA, it does not work on D-PAD.

I followed the instructions that I posted earlier that I found on Reddit:
Posted by rob3d on Reddit

Plug in your wired controller to the player 2 port to navigate the menus

• bring up RA options by hitting L+R+SELECT+START on the 8bitdo
  • Plug in your wired nes mini controller to the player 2 port
  • Choose settings with the wired controller
  • choose Input
  • chose Input user 1 binds
  • Choose user 1 dpad up
  • press a on the wired controller
  • then up on the 8 bit do
Repeat for all dpad binds

After doing this I was able to bind them up. After the first one was bound, I plugged in my 2nd Receiver and then did the same except controller 1 is working. so no need to plug in a wired controller. After that saved, everything worked fine. Reminder you will have to do this process each time you flash new stuff, because the retroarch config gets overwritten.

SNES30 and SFC30 feel great playing just about any game from NES, Genesis, SNES, to arcade. I still didn't like the NES30 because of the form factor is rectangular like NES controller. Feels weird because of the L and R buttons. I don't own a NES30 Pro so I can tell, but the looks of it seems to feel similar to Wii Classic Controlller. I hope this helps on your decision. Now to finally enjoy playing lol.

Update 2.13e works wonders, no issues after using this. Much Appreciated
Thanks.
Do you mean that I have to do this for each option like up, down, left etc?
Also with 2.13e is that for the 8botdo control itself?

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it wil work with hakchi 2.13 and above.
latest firmware is needed for 8bit do controller.
firmware 1.05Beta0 is needed for retro recevier.
Do this for every button that is not assingd properly in retro arch.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If able to I will get arcade stun runner and pit fighter on there, too.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a weird problem that hopefully someone here can help. Two games I loved when I was a kid were Lunar Lander and Battlezone. They start just fine on the nes classic. I "add a coin" and then hit start to play the game....but it doesn't happen. What DOES happen is I see a VERY quick flash of the menu you get when you hit TAB on your computer while playing MAME. Then, it gives me a little slider menu on the bottom where I can change stuff like Vector Flicker and other stuff like that. I know that's there when playing MAME on a computer, but on the nes classic, I don't see anyway of hitting some sort of an escape button like you can on a computer.

Because of this problem, you can't play these two games on the nes classic. Is there a way to make the menu go away like you can on a computer, so that you can play the games ?

On another note, even with the Satan's Hollow rom from the 0.78 romset, the game still doesn't open. It only goes to black and then back to the main menu. I also can't get Tron and Discs Of Tron to work. Not that big of a deal, really, as I can play them on my computer if I really want to. It's just annoying that I can't get them to work even with the rom set that matches the version of mame that the nes classic runs....

And the rampage rom that matches the mame version doesn't work, either. Nor does Tapper.

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: