Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help why I am getting c7 errors when adding genesis roms.
I removed the uncompress option in settings.
Thanks
How many are you trying to add ? It could be that you're trying to add too much. If that's not it, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck getting this sorted out. I'm still trying to get help with how to get out of the black and white mame menu, where you use tab and escape on a computer. Can't figure out how to do it on the nes classic.....

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How many are you trying to add ? It could be that you're trying to add too much. If that's not it, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck getting this sorted out. I'm still trying to get help with how to get out of the black and white mame menu, where you use tab and escape on a computer. Can't figure out how to do it on the nes classic.....
Trying to add 5 games.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to add 5 games.
Huh. That shouldn't be too bad. Other than the 30 games, how many other games do you have on the system ? I myself had a few really big games and was pretty much at the 300mb limit and got a few C7 alerts. Right now, for the past few days, I've been at about 206mb and haven't noticed any C7 errors. Unless I'm mistaken, C7 errors are about memory problems.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Huh. That shouldn't be too bad. Other than the 30 games, how many other games do you have on the system ? I myself had a few really big games and was pretty much at the 300mb limit and got a few C7 alerts. Right now, for the past few days, I've been at about 206mb and haven't noticed any C7 errors. Unless I'm mistaken, C7 errors are about memory problems.
Do I tick compress or untick it when adding genesis rom?
Tried both still c7 error

Last edited by shanefromoz,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I tick compress or untick it when adding genesis rom?
Tried both still c7 error

The only games they recommend not zipping is n64..

Its an issue with folders.
As soon as I made no folders I it now works

Click in hakchi GUI: Settings..pages/folder structures...click on custom...you can make your folders here..then you can drag/drop your files in your folders...no errors at all...games are in their individual folders according to how you set them up..:by console or alphabetically..

C7 errors are caused mostly by bad roms..try another source for the roms that dont work..

Last edited by ByteThis,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damnit...only you and me are taking this thing seriously, no one else seem to bother...only with that stupid GBA emulation :-(

I know what you mean! There has to be more coleco fans than us out there that would be willing to help to put together a working hmod!

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys to ask but I read about a tool to automatically compress the roms from pc without doing it manually for each one in this thread but I cannot find it anymore... can someone point me to that tool?

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry guys to ask but I read about a tool to automatically compress the roms from pc without doing it manually for each one in this thread but I cannot find it anymore... can someone point me to that tool?

It is a tool named helping hand..a search in this thread came up with posts..make sure you get the latest release as the last release was unstable and peeps had problems with roms not working..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Mad-Mega Finding a coleco core is about elusive as finding the nes mini..lol..

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what you mean! There has to be more coleco fans than us out there that would be willing to help to put together a working hmod!
coleco would be cool. But me personally ? I'd LOVE to get an Apple II hmod....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only games they recommend not zipping is n64..

Click in hakchi GUI: Settings..pages/folder structures...click on custom...you can make your folders here..then you can drag/drop your files in your folders...no errors at all...games are in their individual folders according to how you set them up..:by console or alphabetically..

C7 errors are caused mostly by bad roms..try another source for the roms that dont work..

Byte, would you happen to know how to access the black and white mame menu ? I know that on the computer, you hit tab to make it appear and escape to make it go away. But I can't figure out how to do that on the nes classic. I looked into some of the mame2000/mame2003 menus and found something that said Mame menu where you access it by hitting a Home button. Is this the correct menu option ? In case you haven't been reading this section, I have two games, Battlezone and Lunar Lander that start just fine. But when I hit Start to begin a game, the black and white mame menu pops up and I can't figure out how to make it leave.

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love someone to come up with a way to play Apple II games on the classic.....

i hate the Apple II e..

in the late 80's, my high school acquired a bunch of em, we learned nothing and played oregon trail..

the teacher hated me because i would goof on the Apple II.... my commodore 64 could run circle's around it

BTW is there a decent apple II game?

Last edited by Boognish,

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Still here and wanting to get Coleco games running (only system I owned as a kid)..my time is limited on spending on playing with this (wife and three kids) but I will try to dedicate a bit more and help figure this one out.

Bigjdoberman

Reactions: ByteThis

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
[coleco]i dont think i ever had a go on one therefore have no nostalgia for it or idea of what the games even are but so many people on here are asking about it lol i might have to 'ask' how to set it up too!! :) its intriguing me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert