Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks Cluster.... I would only need the template file of the Famicom Mini, which I could rename to nes.png, and upload it...
I want the best of both worlds actually.... Famicoms design, but english font :)

You're welcome to send it anytime :)

I know it might sounds kinda silly, but I added 886 NES, FamiCom and FDS games to my installation.
FamiCom are translated ones.

Then I downloaded the boxarts from Hyperspin and added them 1 by 1 on it ;)
The boxarts there are good quality... I don't actually use google's image finder.

I have a total of 245 MB for all 886 Games and Boxarts

Last edited by TheWez1981,

ElusivSanity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed 2.14 and I'm stuck in a driver install loop, any ideas?

Ignore user problem hahah

Can you let me know what the solution was? I have same problem and hope it has the same solution.

Hakchi2.14 gets stuck "waiting for your nes mini.." when I sync for games. I can install driver but it goes right back to same waiting screen. This is strange to begin with cause I can still flash kernal and install mods just fine, and have been using hakchi2 for a while anyways with no problems. (shouldn't need to install driver.)

So this happens with fresh install of Hakchi2.14 and updating from 2.13e. Going back to 2.13e works. And I can communicate with the mini in 2.14b to upload new kernel.....but when it gets to syncing games it is always waiting for mini.

Any help is appreciated! @Beaps ?.... @Cluster .... Anyone?
-Cheers

striderh1ryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded loaded the 2.14. also downloaded and replaced/updated the clovershell.hmod. the application won't even boot up. am I missing a step?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original kernel - yes, of course. But there is no custom kernel in hakchi2 folder.

Correct.

Seems like a bug. I'll test it.

You need to solder USB ID pin inside NES Mini to enable USB-host. honeylab already did it.

Yes, all savegames are stored into /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/ folder. So you can download all savestates using clovershell (https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-client) by simple command:
Code:
clovershell.exe exec "tar -czv /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-*" - my_saves.tar.gz
Of course it's planned to integrate this function in hakchi2.

Hooray! =)

I created clovershell daemon: https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-daemon
It starts automatically and works in the background while NES Mini is working. It listening to USB and allows to transfer data and execute commands.
How do you install the clovershell daemon and how does it work exactly ?

Also, could you please make it so you can do Game Genie on more than just NES ?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster said:
You need to solder USB ID pin inside NES Mini to enable USB-host. honeylab already did it.
@Cluster can you post the soldering schematics?
Should we also need to hack the kernel to support external USB devices? Is that hack included in your patched kernel or will it be included in a future version?

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Cluster , I've tried many times, but the problem persists: original Classic Controller Pro doesn't work here.

Is it possible to be a fake one??? Please, check the picture.

Classic Controller Pro.jpg

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I was thinking the same. Doesn't this depend on the core rather then anything else?
That's what I thought. But if he said almost all are working then maybe something changed haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Cluster , I've tried many times, but the problem persists: original Classic Controller Pro doesn't work here.

View attachment 81841
I have that controller and it works. So something must be up.

Reactions: jelmer

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

View attachment 81841
Yours has a different shade of white around the buttons and the logo, also the Wii logo seems darker. Does it say Nintendo on the back? Regardless it should work with 2.14 if it is not broken.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So those 4 mods are now integrated in here? No need to check them one by one again? I'll try it again tonight. Hoping for miracle after your reply.

How about my next questions:
Seriously, no more 30-MB limit?? So is it okay to put over 90 NES games or 30 Genesis games in just one folder??

Thank you.
Only third mod installed. It uses automatic data format detection (tries #3 but works with #1 as well) and alternative noise filter.
It's uploading all files in one continues stream, so it can upload 300MB at once. The only one limit - memory capacity

Does CRT settings work now with nestopia?
It's not related to hakchi2. I'm not sure, it's possible to enable it manually. Or install/select some other shader filters.

Can you let me know what the solution was? I have same problem and hope it has the same solution.
Any help is appreciated! @Beaps ?.... @Cluster .... Anyone?
-Cheers
Try to disable driver signature verification. Also try to use Zadig if my installer is not working (but report about it, please).

How do you install the clovershell daemon and how does it work exactly ?

Also, could you please make it so you can do Game Genie on more than just NES ?
Clovershell installs just as any regular mod - via FEL mod. It's open source, you watch how it works by youself: https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-daemon/blob/master/clovershell.c
Game Genie is different for every console. NES Mini is for NES games at first. And you can enable cheats for any console in RetroArch's menu.

@Cluster can you post the soldering schematics?
Should we also need to hack the kernel to support external USB devices? Is that hack included in your patched kernel or will it be included in a future version?
I have not soldered it. But honeylab, try to ask him.
Yes, kernel modification required too. You can read honeylab's blog about it.

Seems all n64 games work great including battery saves if they aren't compressed
Maybe it's better to disable compression for all large N64 games?

I don't know. But if it worked before it should work now.

Reactions: asper and maande80

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yours has a different shade of white around the buttons and the logo, also the Wii logo seems darker. Does it say Nintendo on the back? Regardless it should work with 2.14 if it is not broken.

The controller still have a plastic film on it. There's "Nintendo" logo on the back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible that I've forgot to install something? CloverShell, CloverCon? I don't have any idea.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
The controller still have a plastic film on it. There's "Nintendo" logo on the back.
Haha OK.. thought it looks a bit off. In that case yours looks legit and the same as mine. If it worked before I don't know what to tell you. Did you check it with a previous version of Hakchi (you still could)?

Edit - Better yet uninstall Hakchi completely from your NES mini (back to stock) and if it doesn't work yours is broken. These things should work straight out of the box.

Last edited by jelmer,
Reactions: youngtune27

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haha OK.. thought it looks a bit off. In that case yours looks legit and the same as mine. If it worked before I don't know what to tell you. Did you check it with a previous version of Hakchi (you still could)?

Edit - Better yet uninstall Hakchi completely from your NES mini (back to stock) and if it doesn't work yours is broken. These things should work straight out of the box.

Weird thing, because the controller is working fine, just right now, on my Wii... :blink:

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird thing, because the controller is working fine, just right now, on my Wii... :blink:
if it was working before then no reason it should just stop working. Sometimes after I add retroarch my controller doesn't work. But all I have to do is turn it off and unplug it then turn it on and plug it back in.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only third mod installed. It uses automatic data format detection (tries #3 but works with #1 as well) and alternative noise filter.
It's uploading all files in one continues stream, so it can upload 300MB at once. The only one limit - memory capacity

It's not related to hakchi2. I'm not sure, it's possible to enable it manually. Or install/select some other shader filters.

Try to disable driver signature verification. Also try to use Zadig if my installer is not working (but report about it, please).

Clovershell installs just as any regular mod - via FEL mod. It's open source, you watch how it works by youself: https://github.com/ClusterM/clovershell-daemon/blob/master/clovershell.c
Game Genie is different for every console. NES Mini is for NES games at first. And you can enable cheats for any console in RetroArch's menu.

I have not soldered it. But honeylab, try to ask him.
Yes, kernel modification required too. You can read honeylab's blog about it.

Maybe it's better to disable compression for all large N64 games?

It says this..."It will automatically detect unsupported NES games and run them instead of the default emulator. Save states will work as usual."
It also says..."To use Nestopia instead of FCEUmm for all games by default, install use_nestopia.hmod module from additional_mods.zip."

Does this mean that if you install the use_nestopia.hmod, it will use that instead of the emulator that the mini uses by default ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F