Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm uploading some N64 games running on N64 core Glupen64(from pcm last release, no extra config beside FPS enable on screen) to can check the emulation recorded at 720p60... sometimes is like that 007 GoldenEye didn't earn the nesito seal of approvement

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: Truchen and jelmer

myztery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success with Super Street Fighter II (arcade)? I tried both the MAME and CPS2 ROMs and cores for Turbo and Hyper - Anniversary Edition, and the games fail to load. I got Street Fighter Alpha 3 and MVC working no problem.
how did you get mvc working. I have a lot of cps games, but can't get that one going.

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Has anyone had success with Super Street Fighter II (arcade)? I tried both the MAME and CPS2 ROMs and cores for Turbo and Hyper - Anniversary Edition, and the games fail to load. I got Street Fighter Alpha 3 and MVC working no problem.
use normal fbalpha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how did you get mvc working. I have a lot of cps games, but can't get that one going.
probably you downloaded a parent instead of the rom

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Another N64 games, asked by a subscriber if Castlevania 64 Works on mini NES classic I tried a better version, the Castlevania Legacy of Darkness

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: kaz321123

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another N64 games, asked by a subscriber if Castlevania 64 Works on mini NES classic I tried a better version, the Castlevania Legacy of Darkness

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

It's somewhat debatable onf if Legacy of Darkness is 'better' but rather its just 'different' in the sense that it does change a lot of the levels and removes certain things like the speech voice overs (for Carrie and Reinhardt). The addition of Reinhardt and Carry are sort of just like bonuses tossed into the game as extras. But they reuse a lot of the content you've already play through using the other two characters.

I also recommend playing the original because of its different set of levels the towers and the puzzles in the towers, and almost every level are very different.

In particular Henry goes to all the towers and levels Cornell missed, and those levels are just reused in Carrie and Reinhardt unlocked quests.

So ya, I still think playing Reinhardt and Carrie's quests are better on the original (because of the alternate level designs and puzzles), and playing the other two new characters on Legacy for the different storyline and different puzzles is the best way to play these games.

That being said yes Legacy of Darkness improved on a lot of features over the original better camera, better graphics resolutions, etc.

Looks like its 'barely' playable on the mini though... a lot of sound lag, and some slow motion in parts.

Last edited by Baggins,
Reactions: nesito

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be damned. This is good news. Can't try it out on my own machine for a few days, but this is encouraging. Can you post a little more info... would like to know the order of your main folders now that you put Sega in the front. Also, are your subfolders all under 30 MB still?

Original order of folders that led to permanent C8 brick everytime the Sega folder was selected:

Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, NES, SNES, Sega

Order of folders is now:

Sega, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, NES, SNES.

Everything remained the same besides the main menu folder order, including sub-folders. All are under the 30 MB limit.

Placing a space " Sega Genesis" vs. "Sega Genesis" bumped it up to first in line. It looks just fine in the menu, as though there is nothing extra there but just the text "Sega Genesis".

Still am wary about this fix and whether the C8 error will be triggered in some other way.

Also am wary about number of saves after pumping 294 MB worth of compressed ROMs onto the system (separated into less than 30 MB each subfolders).

I've tried putting 12+ SNES save states on there --- works fine with snes9x2005.

With 294 MB worth of compressed games, should I severely limit how many saves I create on the system? Does every save state create its own copy of the game (e.g. a 4 MB uncompressed SNES game will produce a 4 MB save state?). With close to 300 MB worth of games, are there any cautious strategies that can be followed to minimize risk of C4, C6, C8 errors?

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I downloaded the version and posted to page 129..................
that is very old xd, use this one https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases and put "retroarch.hmod" on the "user_mods" folder and then put the cores you want (inside the zip there is a folder called cores and there is where you get the cores, here is the list https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover then you open hakchi and on the top tab you select "Modules" then "Install new modules" and select retroarch and press "Ok" and then you can add your games on the hakchi program

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
More icons, replaced a few ones and refined "bad transparencies" ones:
ROUBwHU.jpg

Download link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/29z0p4

Awesome job. I like them a lot. The retro music was a nice add for the GME core. I would have Cave Story alone or with the NX Engine core. And add controllers on the NA SNES. If you change MAME to Arcade people could use that for cps1 and 2. Or have something else for those cores.

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested disk images for Super Mario Bros Special for the Sharp X1, on the MESS retroarch core?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would you mind testing Mega Man 8 on the Saturn? I want to see how well it can run.

I'd like to see Castlevania Nocturne on the Saturn...? It was barely playable on the Wii Saturn emulator....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast