Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions regarding the new version:
- is it possible not to show the retroarch icon in the Nes Mini menu?
- is it possible to have less than 12 items (I was thinking to add two "expansion packs" of 10 games each, for a total of 50 games on the systemp)
- is this bug related to the previous point? I saw on a video of Nesito that the "back" folder was changing place each time he launched games (sometimes at the left or right, sometimes between games)

Thank you!
I can try and answer some questions from the build I made.
1. RA icon won't be listed if when you add more games, they show up like the current NES ones in the menu, you won't need to log into RA first like in 2.11 (you can also force it to load into RA first without any games as well with RA App that is stated in the RA mod GitHub page)
2. Trying to understand the question, do you mean each folder to have less than 12 games in each? like fit 10 in each? Under settings and Pages/Folder structure you can select which ever option you like, but to manually place items where you want select the last option to Custom - Show Folders Manager Every time. This will bring up the manager so you can click and drag them into which ever folder you need.
3. The changing of the folder is based on position, when you are in the custom folder manager, you can select the option of position, leftmost, right most, left of games, right of games. So you might have to play around it to make your liking. That is what I found, if I am mistaken and it is a bug then not too sure what to do there.

Hope that helps =D

Last edited by Kobe46,
Reactions: Hellequin

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
That's great I am going to test this out, so is it possible to assign your own cores in v2.12 or do we have to do which ever core is included?
I added some like picodrive, or dosbox. It's easy. In this case n64 launch the Mupen64Plus core(at the moment) you can copy this bin and edit and change the core launcher. Then change the name of file to n642 and in command line instead n64 put n642.
This is the same for other cores.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: jelmer

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question if someone can answer it. The in game menu music, I know the module is there and it states that it needs to be in WAV format and PCM, can it be 32Bit WAV or 16Bit.

cyenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to bother again but how can i merge the retroarch-clover project to the hakchi 2.12? sorry for the noob question

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry to bother again but how can i merge the retroarch-clover project to the hakchi 2.12? sorry for the noob question
Do you mean with your compiled version of it? If so then what you need to do is add the retroarch.hmod to the user_mods folder. Then open up hakchi, go to Modules and install modules. It should now be listed there.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: cyenz

cyenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean with your compiled version of it? If so then what you need to do is add the retroarch.hmod to the user_mods folder. Then open up hakchi, go to Modules and install modules. It should now be listed there.

Hope that helps.

That was it, thank you!

New question, can someone give an example on how an argument to run retrorach from the nes mini gui? for example for a snes game

Last edited by cyenz,

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can try and answer some questions from the build I made.
1. RA icon won't be listed if when you add more games, they show up like the current NES ones in the menu, you won't need to log into RA first like in 2.11 (you can also force it to load into RA first without any games as well with RA App that is stated in the RA mod GitHub page)
2. Trying to understand the question, do you mean each folder to have less than 12 games in each? like fit 10 in each? Under settings and Pages/Folder structure you can select which ever option you like, but to manually place items where you want select the last option to Custom - Show Folders Manager Every time. This will bring up the manager so you can click and drag them into which ever folder you need.
3. The changing of the folder is based on position, when you are in the custom folder manager, you can select the option of position, leftmost, right most, left of games, right of games. So you might have to play around it to make your liking. That is what I found, if I am mistaken and it is a bug then not too sure what to do there.

Hope that helps =D
Thank you for your answers!
1) Great! As I want RetroArch to be as invisible than possible.
3) Glad to know it. I would choose "rightmost" I think (right of last game launched seems wrong to me).

2) My question wasn't clear, sorry. I was refering to this comment in the FAQ of 2.11:
"Too few games cause problems, too. There are should be at least 12 games in menu to show them without glitches."
So I was wondering if this limit still applies in 2.12, because I would like to have the 30 original games in root menu, and two folders which contain each 10 games, but I fear it would be glitchy.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone who built rc3 managed to test starfox 64 or Ocarina of Time. Really want to see how those run with the new N64 core?

hanslip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where can I find the 2.12 version?

Sorry for my desasted english. I'm french

Envoyé de mon ONE A2001 en utilisant Tapatalk

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This controller works with SNES games with RetroArch?
I have the same controller and it works great in retroarch.
This has already been answered by @Pikkon but I just wanted to add something to that answer for anybody who is unsure about these controllers, even though I've not tried RetroArch yet.

The SNES Classic controller is no different to any other first party Nintendo Wii Classic controller so it will do exactly the same things. Whether it's the Official NES Classic, the Official SNES Classic, the Official Wii Classic or the Official Wii Classic Pro, they're all using the same controller inputs even though some of them have additional controls on top of the Official NES Classic which has the least buttons.

The A button is the same as on the other controllers, B is identical, START and SELECT are the same across all models. Just think of them all as Official Wii Classic Controllers but in a different case.

(Generation 3) Bear with me with the "Generation" thing here as I'm talking only about Classic Controllers. I also have a Gold Wii Classic Pro controller, it's the first party Classic controller that has the most "stuff" so we'll start with this one.
81HU6uhgbuL._SX522_.jpg

(Generation 3) You move things about a bit and you have the Wii Classic Controller, it's exactly the same controller but in a different shape. All the controls are exactly the same.
51NMyoPR2iL._SX425_.jpg

(Generation 2) You change the shape, remove the sticks and a couple of buttons and you have the Wii SNES Classic Controller. All the controls on this are identical to the controller above it and they do exactly the same things.
Wii_SNES_CC.jpg

(Generation 1) Then you have the wonderful NES Classic Controller. which I assume we all have now? The shape changes again and you've lost another couple of buttons but the four buttons on this and the d-pad are doing exactly the same thing that they were in the controller at the top of this list.
nes-classic-edition-controller.png

It may be different with third party controllers but all of these are first party official Nintendo Classic Controllers.

They only compatibility issues there may be with these is if you're using a higher generation controller with a lower generation system. By that I mean that the sticks and additional buttons of a Generation 3 Classic Controller may not work with a Generation 1 (NES) system by default.

Obviously, with hakchi2 these things could be changed anyway.

I've gone on a bit there but I'm just trying to show people that that an Official Nintendo Classic Controller is an Official Nintendo Classic Controller and no more, irrelevant of the shape and an A button on one does exactly the same thing as an A button on all of the other controllers.

Does that make sense?

....it's OK, I'll be quiet now! :P

EDIT:
Should I be worried that I actually own all one the controllers I've posted above? :ohnoes:

Last edited by 878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone recomend a n64 core that plays super mario 64 decently?
The one that put jelmer is good but, check on mini NES classic the GLupeN64... in this video:

Here's is the core(it's come with RetroArch module since time) https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/tree/master/retroarch.hmod/etc/libretro/core

Rgs.

----------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone who built rc3 managed to test starfox 64 or Ocarina of Time. Really want to see how those run with the new N64 core?
Ocarina cannot be added to mini when I try. Star Fox 64 will play greats but I will try to make a video with other N64 games like I record before to check this core better.

Rgs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I made a video to show the Folders Manager feature of 2.12.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

cyenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The one that put jelmer is good but, check on mini NES classic the GLupeN64... in this video:

Here's is the core(it's come with RetroArch module since time) https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/tree/master/retroarch.hmod/etc/libretro/core

Rgs.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ocarina cannot be added to mini when I try. Star Fox 64 will play greats but I will try to make a video with other N64 games like I record before to check this core better.

Rgs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I made a video to show the Folders Manager feature of 2.12.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

I must be doing something wrong, i created a new file inside bin (named it n64g) to point to glupen64 instead of mupen and changed the argument also to point to this new file (n64g) but the game doesnt boot, am i doing something wrong?

Last edited by cyenz,

onkel645

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello
I have a problem with the tool.
I tried to put extra Games in my Classic Mini. After the process the LED flashes (in/out) and the Box is in a Boot Loop
Is there solve for this Problem

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I must be doing something wrong, i created a new file inside bin (named it n64g) to point to glupen64 instead of mupen and changed the argument also to point to this new file (n64g) but the game doesnt boot, am i doing something wrong?
Check in the Hakchi2 game list, the N64 game that you want to run with other core. In your command line, of this game it appears as n64 or n64g? ;) Change n64 to n64g and the magic will happen.

Rgs.

Reactions: cyenz

cyenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
T
Check in the Hakchi2 game list, the N64 game that you want to run with other core. In your command line, of this game it appears as n64 or n64g? ;) Change n64 to n64g and the magic will happen.

Rgs.

That´s what i´ve done but with no luck :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii