Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Just tested RetroArch first time. Working like a charm from original menu. Also quits back to menu using reset button. There are only one visual problem:
  • How to make it save screenshot on exit? It's need for flying image when game is suspended.

I'm happy to see hakchi2 heading in this direction :-)

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I have strange issue with retroarch mod : after synchronize process, nes mini start by itself and nothing have change...

and second question with retroarch mod : how change fceu to nestopia (this one not working with Asterix) in the original menu?
Something is wrong in you hakchi2. I had this same issue sometimes yesterday, when I trying to boot games from mini menu with RA. Gimme some time to try to help you.

About the use of nestopia instead fceumm. I know it's possible but I didn't look how.
Well you need to created in \hakchi2\games\CLV-H-RARCH\bin\ a file(if are windows user, better copy and paste retroarch-nes change the name of copy to retroarch-nes2 edit this with Notepad++ and add this.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export HOME=/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro
exec /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/bin/retroarch -c ~/retroarch.cfg -vfL ~/core/nestopia_libretro.so ${1+"$@"}

Well I tried to check how extra_script handles to select the bin script but I doesn't have the knowledge to help you , but @pcm720 is here and he knows how to do.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Fra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's possible, and madmonkey's release of RetroArch had shortcuts for NES, SNES and MegaDrive cores.
You can write bash script that launches RetroArch with specific core and ROM file, and then just replace kachikachi (Exec=…) path in the .desktop file.
It's very easy to do, but considering that Haxchi2 currently overwrites .desktop file, it's too much of a hassle. That's why I went with RetroArch GUI.

So, if someone is still interested in RetroArch, I've made a new pack (and removed the previous one from my Google Drive). Now the game ID is a little more meaningful (CLV-H-RARCH), and all RetroArch files are in /games/[Game ID]/libretro instead of /games/[Game ID]/etc/libretro.
Also I've added .desktop_temp file in the "game" folder and few lines to the init script that remove automatically generated .desktop file and replace it with the temp one. This is basically a quick hack meant to bypass Haxchi2's .desktop generation.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByJabzdhjqvQdC1aZ19NTWgzY1k
You can download other cores directly from LibRetro's BuildBot
How to use this:
1. Extract archive contents to Haxchi2 folder, agree to replace init file
2. Copy additional cores to games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/core (not necessary)
3. Copy ROMs to games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/roms
4. Open Haxchi2, enable RetroArch
5. If you need folders, clone and build Haxchi2 from GitHub, then make sure to enable "Settings -> "Pages/folders structure" -> "Custom - show Folders Manager every time"
6. Synchronize. Make sure to move RetroArch to the root folder if you enabled custom folders in the previous step.
7. That's it.

As always, thanks to madmonkey for the RetroArch binary and Cluster for a very convenient Haxchi2.
i can't open retroarch, it gives me C6 error

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have strange issue with retroarch mod : after synchronize process, nes mini start by itself and nothing have change...

and second question with retroarch mod : how change fceu to nestopia (this one not working with Asterix) in the original menu?

Yep I had the exact same issue, RA wasn't uploading to my mini, ive since gone back to basics, hakchi 2.11 the original pack from PCM and its working again, I'm sticking with this setup I don't get the C6 errors, so see no need to alter it until a smoother install is released

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all
Long time lurker first time commenter been following since page 20 kind of feel like I should have said thanks sooner.
First off @Cluster you are amazing for putting all your time and effort into this app. I'm not here to make suggestions because this has far surpassed my wildest expectations.

Second @nesito your videos are great keep it up. Have you found any hidden gems you didn't know about or gamesthat didn't hold up to your memories like you thought while making the videos....
Hi I'm glad that you like them. About the question many of both things, but I only tried to remember the good moments so more hidden gems time, many of them thanks to advices from other users from this forum and of another Spanish forum.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have large sized roms into retroarch's folder ?

Nope I actually removed some files, mine was working fine, until I tried to help someone with the c6 error, used the new PCM pack and tried the init file and it just stopped working, so easiest thing is to go back to what I know works and be happy with that, I can wait for a smooth/slicker install

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think by default the cores have an option for taking a screenshot on exit, you could try mapping the same button to screenshot as exit and maybe they'll get processed in that order.

Edit: "input_screenshot" is the call
RA has option to save state at exit, but Cluster already knows this. The problem is integrated the save state in mini NES classic menu.

Rgs.

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested RetroArch first time. Working like a charm from original menu. Also quits back to menu using reset button. There are only one visual problem:
  • How to make it save screenshot on exit? It's need for flying image when game is suspended.

Totally excited to see the future holds for Hakchi ! This project gets better every day! Keep up the great work @Cluster

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does RA output at 1080p or 720p? Does it have a scanline mode, and if so, how does it compare to the Mini?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster I won't give extra work, because I know that you and madmonkey are working a lot. But some people ask me if will be possible to make in hakchi2 the possibility of save the mini nes original(maybe also extra custom games) savestates to can backup. Also I think if all this it's possible to can to add save states in the 4 slots per game. Take your time, no a hurry task, only a little petition. :)

Thanks for all the hard work!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

invader_chin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant seem to load RA or get the LED light to turn off.

I tried with a virgin system using 2.11 and no luck. It seems to make it through succesfully but the LED turns off. I then took that into 2.07 and had success adding nes things as normal.
however I've gone back to 2.11 but I still have the same behavior. Even after replacing the init in the mod transfer dir

am i doing something wrong if the LED does not turn of after 5 minutes?

any insight is appreciated.

thank you for your time!

Last edited by invader_chin,

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried with a virgin system using 2.11 and no luck. It seems to make it through succesfully but the LED turns off. I then took that into 2.07 and had success adding nes things as normal.
however I've gone back to 2.11 but I still have the same behavior.
am i doing something wrong if the LED does not turn of after 5 minutes?

any insight is appreciated.

thank you for your time!

I did a vid before any further improvements were made by PCM, which worked on mine, i then tried to help others with C6 errors got PCM's new patch applied it and had problems, ive gone back to my first setup and it working fine, here's my vid it might help you, i just re-extracted hakchi 2.11 and then applied the patch shown in my vid (ive put this on my googledrive as PCM has updated his original one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game