Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

condiczek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok guys, now that RetroArch is available to NES Classic, we should think about how to make more space on our devices.
there should be possibility to recompile kernel, to mount usb drive/stick connected to microusb connector with 2in1 cable - otg + additional socket for power.
mount and bind as user data partition which could contain all the snes library and much more :)

@Cluster, what do you think, is it possible?

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DbD

Well, i guess that is true...well, i keep looking out for a new version of Hakchi2 but this topic is just not for me anymore, so i wish you all the best, and i wish i could have made to 100 posts and then leave.

Reactions: fayce54 and Truchen

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Mad-Mega Well, we know @Cluster is working on the next version, and it will definitely have folders manager in it, that's the feature I am looking forward to. Whether it contains RA or not, it makes no difference, Cluster already provided us with a great tool. :)

Reactions: fayce54

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DbD Yes, i know, but it's just that the conversation about the official release is overrun by RA, making it confusing for others, i will not be a part of that, so that's why i made that post...and hey, only 1 more to go for my 100 posts anniversary

Reactions: fayce54 and NeoRame

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
We should all give mad mega some credit here to try keeping discussion as clean as possible, I am sure with all the best intentions. I would like the idea of sub-threats (if that's is possible). But people were also discussing folders here, when that even wasn't even a thing. All these things are possible now, all sorts of request like combo buttons. All these things happened.. impossible mapper requests were requested since this threat exists. We finally can get all the mappers and can play other systems along... I think that is a great development.

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@DbD Yes, i know, but it's just that the conversation about the official release is overrun by RA, making it confusing for others, i will not be a part of that, so that's why i made that post...and hey, only 1 more to go for my 100 posts anniversary

Let's get you to a hundred then. XD

Reactions: Mad-Mega

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Really Bro? 70 pages ago right? I am aware there is a new emulator, I am running it as we speak. The point.... ahh never mind... Keep record of your discussions with people here, gets a bit complicated like this.

sure bro, read my post again, i welcome the emulator change because of better mapper support, and that topic of how to possible achieve better mapper support was already discussed like 70 pages ago when there was no hint of porting anything to the NCM... i was not saying we discussed RA that long ago... maybe i phrased it dodgy but i'm delighted to finally play the until now unsupported mapper games (mostly famicom versions).

Reactions: jelmer

othersteve

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'm happy to wait as long as it takes Cluster to develop his next ingenious update. I've already chipped in my 25 bucks and I'm thrilled to have supported a great mind who's donating his time to helping me relive my childhood ✌

Reactions: DbD and jelmer

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All these things happened.. impossible mapper requests were requested since this threat exists. We finally can get all the mappers and can play other systems along... I think that is a great development.

That's actually what got my attention about RA, and as I mentioned before, if it can be integrated cleanly into the current GUI via hakchi2... \o/

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can i please ask when i add games i see folders With grey folder inside. Is that a folder with games within it? Can i change this icon? Thanks

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Can i please ask when i add games i see folders With grey folder inside. Is that a folder with games within it? Can i change this icon? Thanks
Is this in Hakchi or in your NES. Please specify

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this in Hakchi or in your NES. Please specify
You have the roms right?

Last edited by jelmer,

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

@shanefromoz Can you clarify further? You should get to see your games and folders with headers (Game A - Game C) depending on how many games you set in your folders via hakchi2.

Last edited by DbD,

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated my pack, link is the same:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByJabzdhjqvQdC1aZ19NTWgzY1k
Here are all the changes:
1. It doesn't mess with the init file anymore, all extra commands were moved from init to /mods/mod_transfer/extra_script.
2. retroarch-mini is now called retroarch-gui, added shortcuts for all cores included in the pack

If you're using Haxchi2's release instead of the one built from sources, get /mods/mod_transfer/init file from Haxchi2's GitHub and replace the old one.

How to load the game with RetroArch straight from native GUI:
I'll use Crisis Force (its ID is CLV-H-XBIEN).
1. Go to the game folder (/games/CLV-H-XBIEN), make a copy of Haxchi2's .desktop file and change its name to .desktop_temp (CLV-H-XBIEN.desktop_temp)
2. Open .desktop_temp file in the text editor (do not use notepad.exe, it doesn't support Unix line endings)
Find the line that starts with "Exec=". For Crisis Force, it says:
Code:
Exec=/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-XBIEN/CLV-H-XBIEN.nes --guest-overscan-dimensions 0,0,9,3 --initial-fadein-durations 10,2 --volume 75 --enable-armet
Replace "/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi" with "/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/bin/retroarch-nes" and remove the flags, but keep "--". It should look like this:
Code:
Exec=/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-RARCH/bin/retroarch-nes /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-XBIEN/CLV-H-XBIEN.nes --
3. Open /mods/mod_transfer/extra_script and add these lines (change CLV-H-XBIEN to your game ID):
Code:
rm $rootfs/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-XBIEN/CLV-H-XBIEN.desktop
mv $rootfs/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-XBIEN/CLV-H-XBIEN.desktop_temp $rootfs/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-H-XBIEN/CLV-H-XBIEN.desktop
4. That's it. Repeat the steps for every other NES game you want to launch with fceumm instead of kachikachi.

Hi @pcm720 is there any chance you can re-do you retroArch patch but include all the required files? since the update above its stopped working for a few people, I know there is the Intit file that needs to be copied etc any chance that can all be wrapped up into the one .zip file?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @pcm720 is there any chance you can re-do you retroArch patch but include all the required files? since the update above its stopped working for a few people, I know there is the Intit file that needs to be copied etc any chance that can all be wrapped up into the one .zip file?
No, I ask before about it and I understand his motives to deny this option.
But It'll not necessary in next hakchi2 version. I think.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im still using PCM verison 2 of his pack of retroarch, cause Im guessing isn't that much of difference besides selecting the games from the main menu of the nes classic since it won't still allow us to bypass the 26 mb or so limit of roms we can hold in /liberto/roms aka retroarch ? Im probably stick to this with games currently on there till cluster new release.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It might but that discussion is scaring people away, and we still do not know what @Cluster is going to do.
Maybe he just wants to work on Hakchi2, and not going to work on development of RetroArch for the mini NES
With mods support it will be possible to install RetroArch and run automatically instead of default emulator for problem games. Or switch to RA using command line argument. So my next task is to add module system.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Okay, yet another update. Same link as before.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByJabzdhjqvQdC1aZ19NTWgzY1k
What's new:
Now you can easily launch NES games with RetroArch straight from NES Mini's GUI. No more .desktop_temp thanks to the new extra_script heavily inspired by hakchi's init file :).
Just add your game IDs to /mods/mod_transfer/retroarch_games. Here's an example:
Code:
CLV-H-AAAAA
СLV-H-BBBBB
CLV-H-CCCCC
…
You can find game IDs in Hakchi2's GUI under "Game options".
The script will automatically fix Exec line in .desktop file for those games during synchronization.

Installation is still the same, but I'll list it here for the sake of convenience.
You can also download other cores directly from LibRetro's BuildBot
So:
1. Extract archive contents to Hakchi2 folder
2. Save this file from Hakchi2's GitHub (Ctrl+S, make sure that the filename is "init" with no ".txt" extension). If it's showing up as text file in Explorer, you didn't remove the extension. Replace /mods/mod_transfer/init with the file you saved.
3. Copy additional cores to games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/core (not necessary)
4. Copy ROMs to games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/roms
5. Open Hakchi2, enable RetroArch
6. If you need folders, clone Hakchi2 from GitHub, build it, then make sure to enable "Settings -> "Pages/folders structure" -> "Custom - show Folders Manager every time"
7. Synchronize. Make sure to move RetroArch (and NES games you added to retroarch_games) to the root folder if you enabled custom folders in the previous step.

Last edited by pcm720,

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With mods support it will be possible to install RetroArch and run automatically instead of default emulator for problem games. Or switch to RA using command line argument. So my next task is to add module system.

@Cluster That's great news. Can't wait for the update. :)

Reactions: fayce54

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

would be very useful if emu selection could be somehow user defined (in hakchi2 or maybe even in frontend?) because the problem games are not always the ones with unsupported mappers, there are also some supported games with gfx glitches (ie. Air Fortress)

Reactions: nesito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in