Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
fair enough, but you are limiting yourself for various reasons if you want all that from the NCM. using a raspi is just a current trend not the only choice.

maybe... but i guess it would be better for all of us if cluster can concentrate more on the main hakchi2 features than patching RA down to the NCM. even his question if he should release hakchi2 with folder update now or wait to implement more RA support is testament to this...
Yeah well I am tired of discussing this. More mappers would also be nice, it depends what your personal priorities are regarding this topic. Maybe you are right, anyway I believe the emulator should change (optional hopefully). If not in 2.12 then in 2.13. We will see.

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fair enough, but you are limiting yourself for various reasons if you want all that from the NCM. using a raspi is just a current trend not the only choice

I think everyone here understands what u can do with a rasp pi. I have one and have it in a full arcade cabinet with all the bells and whistles. I still bought a nes classic and want to maximize it's capabilities as a fun travel/party system. Saying that I'm limiting myself because I want to see the classic have more abilities makes no sense.

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah well I am tired of discussing this. More mappers would also be nice, it depends what your personal priorities are regarding this topic. Maybe you are right, anyway I believe the emulator should change (optional hopefully). If not in 2.12 then in 2.13. We will see.

well the emulator already changed... and for me the main reason that it should change was better mapper support... that was like 70 pages ago ;)

I think everyone here understands what u can do with a rasp pi. I have one and have it in a full arcade cabinet with all the bells and whistles. I still bought a nes classic and want to maximize it's capabilities as a fun travel/party system. Saying that I'm limiting myself because I want to see the classic have more abilities makes no sense.

what i meant was if you want something from the new possibilites of RA features that the current NCM does not provide or would require considerable hacking contrary to other solutions (which where targeted by RA development) that do all that out of the box - than you are limiting yourself (on the NCM) or at least it would not give a "good" gaming experience or joy...

Reactions: fayce54

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People, please although this is a forum and discussions is what a forum is all about, let's just talk about Hakchi2 again, and maybe open ANOTHER topic on this forum about (Hakchi2 + RetroArch = Hakchi3) and leave this place to the people that only want their NES games and enjoy trying out games that work and the onese that don't, and to help people that have problems with Hakchi2 :-D

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
well the emulator already changed... and for me the main reason that it should change was better mapper support... that was like 70 pages ago ;)

what i meant was if you want something from the new possibilites of RA features that the current NCM does not provide or would require considerable hacking contrary to other solutions (which where targeted by RA development) that do all that out of the box - than you are limiting yourself (on the NCM) or at least it would not give a "good" gaming experience or joy...
Really Bro? 70 pages ago right? I am aware there is a new emulator, I am running it as we speak. The point.... ahh never mind... Keep record of your discussions with people here, gets a bit complicated like this.

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, please although this is a forum and discussions is what a forum is all about, let's just talk about Hakchi2 again, and maybe open ANOTHER topic on this forum about (Hakchi2 + RetroArch = Hakchi3) and leave this place to the people that only want their NES games and enjoy trying out games that work and the onese that don't, and to help people that have problems with Hakchi2 :-D

NES classic and Hakchi are not just about NES anymore...embrace the change. You can always go back to stock if u can't handle the ride! I'm excited to see more advancements. Hats off to Cluster for developing this amazing software

Last edited by NESCLASSIC,
Reactions: ym2612

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I will continue discussing the various NES classic development topics in here. Retroarch running on NES and being integrated into hakchi is not "off topic" to this thread at all. This argument is pointless though.

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It might but that discussion is scaring people away, and we still do not know what @Cluster is going to do.
Maybe he just wants to work on Hakchi2, and not going to work on development of RetroArch for the mini NES

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might but that discussion is scaring people away, and we still do not know what @Cluster is going to do.
Maybe he just wants to work on Hakchi2, and not going to work on development of RetroArch for the mini NES

Lol, nobody has been scared away from this thread, but you constantly trying to control, limit and steer the conversations to some new thread u created is not helping the free flow of ideas! I know that much.

Last edited by NESCLASSIC,

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Well I can understand the excitement around RA because of its capabilities, but if it can give the mini the option of playing mappers currently not supported by the unit, it still does deserve to be here in this thread, specially if it can be adapted to the current GUI of the mini. As pointed out by other posters before, it's your option if you want to put in games from other consoles/handhelds. For me it's the chance to play other NES games that have unsupported mappers like Kid Dracula, Gradius II, etc... It's too early to create a separate thread for it. But maybe that's just for me.

Reactions: fayce54 and ym2612

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I think that he already said in the FAQ that the stock emulator sucked and was hoping for new one to be developed. A lot of people here just don't understand that all the new changes are optional.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@NESCLASSIC
Constantly ???
I think you confuse me with someone else, it is like @jelmer says, we hardly keep track of some people's post because this discussion about RetroArch is overruling everything, because it is not about only NES games those people should all leave, maybe it's better the other way around.

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@NESCLASSIC
Constantly, i think you confuse me with someone else, it is like @jelmer says, we hardly keep track of some people's post because this discussion about RetroArch is over ruling everything, because it is not about only NES games those people should all leave, maybe it's better the other way around.

Well it's still the initial buzz and excitement over it, I think it will calm down a bit soon, probably when the new release comes out. :)

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@NESCLASSIC
Constantly ???
I think you confuse me with someone else, it is like @jelmer says, we hardly keep track of some people's post because this discussion about RetroArch is over ruling everything, because it is not about only NES games those people should all leave, maybe it's better the other way around.
@NESCLASSIC
Constantly ???
I think you confuse me with someone else, it is like @jelmer says, we hardly keep track of some people's post because this discussion about RetroArch is overruling everything, because it is not about only NES games those people should all leave, maybe it's better the other way around.
its all just very new, that's what is. People are excited and some don't exactly know what it is all about

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DbD Yeah, you might be right, i am not against running other emu's on the mini NES, i welcome it, but i think this is not the right topic to discuss this, merely because it is still not a "official" Hakchi2 option, that is what is confusing people, they download Hakchi2, but it just plays NES games...

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its all just very new, that's what is. People are excited and some don't exactly know what it is all about
Yep, that's how I see it too, I do see Mad-Mega's point though but I doubt we can do anything to curb the enthusiasm surrounding RA. :P

@DbD Yeah, you might be right, i am not against running other emu's on the mini NES, i welcome it, but i think this is not the right topic to discuss this, merely because it is still not a "official" Hakchi2 option, that is what is confusing people, they download Hakchi2, but it just plays NES games...
Well as of now as a community, I think we can just help clear things to people who get confused by the discussion surrounding RA when someone inquires about it. I mean there's enough of us here to answer newbie questions that are not covered by the FAQs to clarify any confusion. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Might have some lidelle fanart as later profile pictures