Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacked my Famicom Mini successfully.
But I just discovered that the original 30 games's title name cannot be displayed.
I had a feeling this would happen so I haven't updated to 2.08 because of this. I kind of want the japanese even if I can't read it, lol

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good news: I succesfully compiled gamepad driver with one additional line:
Code:
if (down && select) home = 1;

Can't wait to test it. I will return home only on next week.

Compile it, we try it for you. :bow:
Another question: when i choose "flash original kernel" it uses kernel.img in dump folder? And if i choose "flash custom kernel" it patches kernel.img in dump folder and then flash it? It doesn't create the kernel.img patched somewhere?
If i dump the patched kernel from my mini nes already modified and i put it in dump folder, what's happen?
Thank for all :bow:

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Cluster MAYBE, we should make a list with games that work and won't work, because i think you get a lot of request if you can patch games or not.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I had a feeling this would happen so I haven't updated to 2.08 because of this. I kind of want the japanese even if I can't read it, lol
Seems like font problem. Disable extra font in settings.
Original 30 games's Japanese title displayed properly after disabling extra font! Many thanks :)

New question:
Dragon Quest 3 white screen:(

Reactions: dronesplitter

FAX addict

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cough *lies* you want to explain how? as I have two nykos and neither of them can return to the menu with the power button.

You're both right, the first version of the miniboss doesn't have that option, my second miniboss that runs on AAA batteries has the home powerbutton option as well.

It's the usb adapter that is different, both nyko miniboss controllers can go to home menu using the newer usb adapter

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I found database of all NES games, publishers, realease dates, players count and CRC32 checksums (!!!) in one XML file. So all this data will be automatically filled in next version.

Original 30 games's Japanese title displayed properly after disabling extra font! Many thanks :)

New question:
Dragon Quest 3 white screen:(
AFAIK, Dragon Quest 3 uses non-standard mapper wiring. I spent many hour trying to run it on my flash cartridge.

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: nesito

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I may be asking a stupid question, but is it technically possible to hack the menu itself? For example, to have a new classification category (for hacks), or be able to do something for the thumbnails that come out of the screen after a certain number of games?

haze028

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Cluster,

Another few minor suggestions for aditional features... your software is already amazing, just thought this would make it that much easier to use

Different display/sort options for list, ie. All, Selected, 2player/1player, publisher (obviously the last two would require people to have filled out information)

When you delete a game from the list have it remain where it is in the list. currently the list goes back to the top when a game is deleted.

again incredible work thus far, wish I could be of help to you with your work.

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cluster I have run every revision of your software so far and I must say, fantastic work! 99.999% of users are having no issues whatsoever with the app. You have been going above and beyond trying to support those running Windows 95 or those who don't know how to patch a rom, etc. Dont let all the people having issues with 1 random game (again nearly all of the games out there work!) or old finicky hardware distract you from the great job you've done. I am looking forward to the next update!

Clint13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously obsessed with perfecting the mini library. Thanks Cluster!

Tried 75 games and started creating save states for each. Got to about 40 then got a c8 error when trying to load a new game without a save.

There's a theory that 65 is max with 1 save each. Any verification?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y