Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who gets weird slowdown in Chrono Trigger (Dr L's uncensored hack) using Snes9x 2010? Using version 1.0 of RA and I notice something in 600 AD's map, whenever there's a lot on screen, the framerate dips, and the audio seriously begins to crackle. That shouldn't be happening, maybe the game is too demanding for RetroArch? Canoe certainly didn't have that issue in the 600 AD/dark ages. Should I adjust some settings in RetroArch maybe? Audio buffer? For the record, the uncensored ROM won't work in Canoe as it uses Ex-Hi ROM.

Edit: Gonna use the framerate OSD to see how much of a dip, I assumed a game like CT would run full speed on RetroArch.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I installed the microsd mod in my snes mini and copied a few files across to test and it worked fine.

I go into the SD Card version of hatchi and when I go to add more games it' saying I have to flash the kernal??

Any ideas

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Update:) UPDATE 12-19-17 Unfortunately, RetroArch 1.6.9. Update needed to be reverted back to 1.6.7. due to some unforeseen conflicts with some of the Cores. I tested a half dozen Cores. Of course they ended up being ones that worked without issue! I apologize my friends, and today's Update has fixed RetroArch:) I had 2 other pretty big things to add to the Core Set. But, I need to run a few tests with them, before officially releasing them tomorrow! Yes, they will be released tomorrow, as long as all goes well:) These will be helpful to USB-HOST, as well as running NESC with USB-HOST! For today, you now have Fixed RetroArch, complete with Updated Fceumm:) I also Updated MAME 2010 (Frame Skip Added, Fix for some Crashes related to "Warning" Screens; Thanks wonder199999 & twinaphex!), SNES9x, Mednafen PC-FX, Mednafen PCE-Fast, Mednafen VB, Mednafen WSwan, & Mednafen NGP! As always, I truly appreciate any and all feedback. All of your input helps make my Experimental Core Set all that much better for all of us! Looking forward to adding some more awesome stuff tomorrow! I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by yesterday's release. I am always quick to fix things, once I realize something is amiss! Look for more stuff tomorrow! Til then, enjoy Today's Update!!!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Reactions: the_randomizer

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I installed the microsd mod in my snes mini and copied a few files across to test and it worked fine.

I go into the SD Card version of hatchi and when I go to add more games it' saying I have to flash the kernal??

Any ideas

*SORTED NOW SORRY*

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Update:) UPDATE 12-19-17 Unfortunately, RetroArch 1.6.9. Update needed to be reverted back to 1.6.7. due to some unforeseen conflicts with some of the Cores. I tested a half dozen Cores. Of course they ended up being ones that worked without issue! I apologize my friends, and today's Update has fixed RetroArch:) I had 2 other pretty big things to add to the Core Set. But, I need to run a few tests with them, before officially releasing them tomorrow! Yes, they will be released tomorrow, as long as all goes well:) These will be helpful to USB-HOST, as well as running NESC with USB-HOST! For today, you now have Fixed RetroArch, complete with Updated Fceumm:) I also Updated MAME 2010 (Frame Skip Added, Fix for some Crashes related to "Warning" Screens; Thanks wonder199999 & twinaphex!), SNES9x, Mednafen PC-FX, Mednafen PCE-Fast, Mednafen VB, Mednafen WSwan, & Mednafen NGP! As always, I truly appreciate any and all feedback. All of your input helps make my Experimental Core Set all that much better for all of us! Looking forward to adding some more awesome stuff tomorrow! I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by yesterday's release. I am always quick to fix things, once I realize something is amiss! Look for more stuff tomorrow! Til then, enjoy Today's Update!!!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Do you know if the Chrono Trigger audio stutter/slowdown is fixed? I noticed some portions of the game really struggle on Snes9x 2010, especially when a lot of alpha is used for fog/clouds.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if the Chrono Trigger audio stutter/slowdown is fixed? I noticed some portions of the game really struggle on Snes9x 2010, especially when a lot of alpha is used for fog/clouds.

That is due to CPU Intensive Nature of the 9x Core. The best way around it, unfortunately, is to run an older 9x Core. But, of course, if you wanna run MSU-1 Chrono Trigger, you will want to be on 9x! One thing you can do to possibly help out is go to video settings in retroarch, and disable vsynch. I will take another look at Chrono Trigger, since I do have it on USB-HOST.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is due to CPU Intensive Nature of the 9x Core. The best way around it, unfortunately, is to run an older 9x Core. But, of course, if you wanna run MSU-1 Chrono Trigger, you will want to be on 9x! One thing you can do to possibly help out is go to video settings in retroarch, and disable vsynch. I will take another look at Chrono Trigger, since I do have it on USB-HOST.

Nah, it's just a vanilla ROM, well kinda, it's the Dr L version of a ROM hack, expands the game to 48 megabits from 32, so it uses the Ex-hi ROM header. I'd rather not have to use an older core, as none use Blargg's S-SMP core, resulting in horrendous audio timing. A good place to test the speed/audio dips is in 600 AD, in the southern-east most village south of Zenan Bridge. I know there's possibly Snes9x 2005 plus, which is 1.43 with 1.52's audio, but IDK if that'd help either. Oh well. I wish there was a way to force Canoe to go 16:9, but I doubt that's possible either. *sigh*.

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I had it sorted, turns out I aint. I can read from the microsd but I cannot right back to it. Instead it saves to the internal memory and not the SD as if it's not there.

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Just reading up on another site it says.

SNESC fex script (this becomes script.bin on the FAT partition of the SD card.

I haven't done this step, what script?

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
U may want to relax til I post my Update today:)
Great will this help me out, nice

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a little fed up waiting for my microsd breakout board to arrive from China.

As I said cheap and dirty method (tape is a bit excessive but it works for me)

As I said I can read from it fine, just can't write to it for some reason.

Last edited by Beaps,

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The_Error.png
[/url][/IMG] [url=https://postimg.org/image/pp1s2pv4z/][/URL]

I'm still getting this error, did a clean install if Windows to make sure there wouldn't be any residue from earlier Hakchi versions. I'm trying to add games to a friends SNES Classic and this error pops up. Everything works fine on mine, but not my friends and I'm not sure why. Does anybody have an idea what's going on?

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
The_Error.png
[/url][/IMG]

I'm still getting this error, did a clean install if Windows to make sure there wouldn't be any residue from earlier Hakchi versions. I'm trying to add games to a friends SNES Classic and this error pops up. Everything works fine on mine, but not my friends and I'm not sure why. Does anybody have an idea what's going on?

Try this...

- uninstall
- flash original kernel
- flash custom kernel
- add your games

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Error.png
[/url][/IMG] [url=https://postimg.org/image/pp1s2pv4z/][/URL]

Did you dump kernel and install new one? It looks like it isn't reading your friends at all. Notice at the bottom where it says how many MB of games you want to copy over, when the dot to the left is green, there shouldn't be any question marks after the MB amount.

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you dump kernel and install new one? It looks like it isn't reading your friends at all. Notice at the bottom where it says how many MB of games you want to copy over, when the dot to the left is green, there shouldn't be any question marks after the MB amount.

Yeah was able to dump and flash custom kernel, no problems there. The SNES works, can still play games and save states work, it doesn't seem broken at all. It's a mystery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-