Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
About SGB on Snes Mini:

Isn't there a way to implement GB games into a dumped SGB rom?
Or can it be done? so you have for every GB game with SGB support a new SNES rom

For example:
- Inject Castlevania Legends.gb into the rom dump of the SGB
- Rename the combined roms, Castlevania Legends (SGB).sfc
- put Castlevania Legends (SGB).sfc on snes mini and run it like any other snes game, but then with SGB colors

It's just a thinking, don't know if it can be done at all.

norwichred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

Thanks for your help earlier. Sorry I didn’t post back but been having......relationship......issues so had to take time out to concentrate on that.

It was indeed my work laptop. Forgot we had another windows laptop in the house and that worked a treat.

I have a few questions - sorry in advance I’m not so good at searching if these have already been answered.

Firstly - Hakchi is awesome. Thank you to everyone who made it. It makes a great console even better. Fantastic stuff.

Secondly - all my added games are in a folder. Can I folder manage? So choose to add different folders with different games? If so, how?

Thirdly - is it likely that Rock n Roll racing will ever work? Or is that a bust?

Fourthly - I see people using N64 emulators to play games. I’d LOVE to play Diddy Kong racing again. Is there any guide on how to do this?

Sorry to be a pain.

Reactions: Pikapichu

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Chrono Trigger, the Dr L retranslation? But I believe it changes the ROM to use the Ex HiROM extension, no? Tales of Phantasia uses it and doesn't run, has anyone tested this particular ROM hack?
In particular, this ROM hack http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3072/ it expands the game to 6 MB.

Only two games use 48 mbit ex HiROM, Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean, and neither of them load.
Don't they load with Retroarch?

Ryu-SSF2T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I recently updated to the 2.0.21.42 release, after a few days og gaming, now I suddenly cant save games.
A message appears with an C4 Error code... anyone know why?
Thank you for the help.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Secondly - all my added games are in a folder. Can I folder manage? So choose to add different folders with different games? If so, how?

Settings> Pages/Folder Structure> Custom - Show Folders Manager every time

Then you can organise your games everytime you sync the console.

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About SGB on Snes Mini:
Or can it be done? so you have for every GB game with SGB support a new SNES rom
For example:
- put Castlevania Legends (SGB).sfc on snes mini and run it like any other snes game, but then with SGB colors

You guys always miss one important point.
The Super Gameboy is no software on a Rom.
It is actual Gameboy Hardware on the cartridge minus a screen.
The gameboy game in the Supergameboy Slot is handled by the GB hardware.
The SNES itself is only for display and some SGB specific features.

So if you want to have proper Super Gameboy Emulation, you need to emulate the SNES and the Gameboy at the same time and compine this outputs.
I dont think that will be possible on the Mini Hardware.
Also you can not compine some roms in the hope it works.
That Super Gameboy Rom available is nothing more that the software you see on the Screen.
This alone is not playing any gb rom.

Reactions: DjoeN

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About SGB on Snes Mini:

For example:

No, because SGB roms don't have the Gameboy Hardware like the original Super Gameboy (it had a built in Gameboy hardware). You'd need to actually link SGB rom to a Gameboy emulator somehow...

BSNES/Higen works because its running both Super Nintendo Emulation, and the Gameboy Emulation at the same time, along with the rom. It doesn't merge all three into one thing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/4286/super-gameboy-emulation/18
You guys always miss one important point.
The Super Gameboy is no software on a Rom.
It is actual Gameboy Hardware on the cartridge minus a screen.
The gameboy game in the Supergameboy Slot is handled by the GB hardware.
The SNES itself is only for display and some SGB specific features.

So if you want to have proper Super Gameboy Emulation, you need to emulate the SNES and the Gameboy at the same time and compine this outputs.
I dont think that will be possible on the Mini Hardware.
Also you can not compine some roms in the hope it works.
That Super Gameboy Rom available is nothing more that the software you see on the Screen.
This alone is not playing any gb rom.

It looks like not something easily to fix either.... Do to limitations with the hardware, BSNES liberato cores, and broken code with the Gameboy emulation... Apparently it worked with Wii version emulator at one point though...

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/4286/super-gameboy-emulation/18

Last edited by Baggins,
Reactions: DjoeN

McHusky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey dudes,

please help me!

My SNES mini hack worked perfect. Today I wanted to add some more games. Then I got the problem that the original games didn't worked anymore. So I reflashed the original kernel -> everything works like original. But now I can't flash my custom stuff. When I press synchronize games, I start the console as normal but nothing happens. Anyone knows what to do, now?

Last edited by McHusky,

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None. I prefer SNES MINI relate to a SNES GAMES/ROMS Only. So if they decide to have Game Boy Color Mini then I am so getting it for Game Boy games/roms only.

Technically super Gameboy enhanced games are a mix of SNES hardware, Super Gameboy hardware, and Gameboy...

They function very technically different than Gameboy Color.

Including special borrders, extra sound effects, SNES music, sometimes graphical overlays, or full blown SNES games (Space Invaders had an entire SNES game built into the Gameboy Cart), special full color menus, and ingame artwork, and different color themes for levels..

Gameboy color is incompatible with Super Gameboy enhanced games, and Super Gameboy is not detected by Gameboy Color or Gameboy Advance.

It's a very special technical feat of SNES/GB technology blended to do some very unique things, that you won't find anywhere else.

It's better to think of Super Gameboy as its own unique 'console' released between classic Gameboy and Game Boy Color. But its own thing with hits own unique features, and technology, and is SNES only.

Last edited by Baggins,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't link to roms, but for those that search, there's a colorized hacked version of Super Mario Land (Gameboy) out
Works perfect

smbcolor.png

[EDIT]
Pokemon Red also has a color hack floating around

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: flinto

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't link to roms, but for those that search, there's a colorized hacked version of Super Mario Land (Gameboy) out
Works perfect

smbcolor.png

Not Super Gameboy. Though Super Gameboy did have a built in color scheme for Super Mario Land...

The Gameboy Color/Advance/Player also had its own color theme for Super Mario Land, but its a bit different.

Still not quite the same as Super Gameboy specific games that had many enhancements, related to the SNES and its hardware.

Last edited by Baggins,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Not Super Gameboy. Though Super Gameboy did have a built in color scheme for Super Mario Land...

The Gameboy Color/Advance/Player also had its own color theme for Super Mario Land, but its a bit different.

No it isn't as close as the real sgb hardware, i just stumbled across it while searching the web for info on "supergameoy color hack rom", just wanted to share it (same for the edit in the original post)
There not even close, but it's better then the color palette given by retroarch gambatte emu ;)

Last edited by DjoeN,

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it isn't, i just stumbled across it while searching the web for info on "supergameoy color hack rom", just wanted to share it (same for the edit in the original post)
There not even close, but it's better then the color palette given by retroarch gambatte emu ;)

I've played with the colored hack, its pretty good. I think the Metroid II Color hack is more interesting in a lot of ways though.
I'd like to see Super Mairo Land get even more color backgorunds for example.

Have you tried any of the challenge hack for Super Mario Land, that mix up the levels with new dangers, and jumps?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huge thanks to Cluster, madmonkey, KMFDManic and anyone else involved for the work they've put into developing these tools for us. Your efforts have increased the fun factor of the device a hundredfold! Added 75 Snes games and 20 GBA games yesterday, all the games I've tested so far have been working like a charm.

Just a small final touch: you know that jerk that happens in the menu, if you have only a handful of items and you scroll to the last item on the right? The icons like rapidly shift to the left. Is there a simple way to fix this? I've got six folders in root; I'm guessing adding a seventh item might be enough to fix it but if there's a workaround, I'd prefer that 'cause I can't come up with an additional item I could add without it feeling forced.
You'd need about 12 on the screen to stop that.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I've played with the colored hack, its pretty good. I think the Metroid II Color hack is more interesting in a lot of ways though.
I'd like to see Super Mairo Land get even more color backgorunds for example.

Have you tried any of the challenge hack for Super Mario Land, that mix up the levels with new dangers, and jumps?
No i haven't (yet) been messing around with snes first, now adding gb/gbc to my snes mini, that includes hacked stuff to (like the pokemon red color hack with gen 2 graphics hack)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: After you shoot it up