Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the Hakchi2 modification guide, it says:
But what if you want to use a Famicom Mini in NES Mini's interface language? Actually, it's very simple to do. You need to:
  • Overmount "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/scripts/system.lua" file using the same file from a NES Mini, it will enable the language selection dialog and icon
  • Overmount the whole "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/strings" folder, which contains strings for all languages (BTW, you can edit them too if you want)
  • Overmount "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/fonts/hvc" folder with "/usr/share/clover-ui/resources/fonts/nes" folder extracted from a NES Classic Mini.I
I moved the files and directories listed above from the NES Mini dump to "/var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/clover-ui/resources" and created a script with three overmount commands to run in /etc/preinit.d. The guide was not clear about the reasoning for the file naming. I tried p8034_lang and others as a file name. The script would run, but the games script would not run, so I never had the extra games I added, unless I deleted the language script I made. Has anyone else run into this problem?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES Classic - SHMUP + WTF Moments - Part 1

NES Classic - Speed Ripping Sega CD (3) & PSX Games (1)

NES Classic - OST Drum-a-long:) (Castlevania 1 - Grim Reaper)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NES Classic - CPC Amstrad Test - Part 1

NES Classic - Manual Compression - Part 1

NES Classic - Memory Overview

2.14 is great, as long as you are on a 64 bit operating system. Remember, clusterm did not patch the memory bug for 32 bit operating systems til 2.15. So, yes, 2.14 is awesome. But, only for 64 bitters, hehe:) 2.15 and on is necessary, if on 32 bit. You lose approximately 50 mb flash ability if 32 bit on 2.14. And, 2.13e can flash about 10-15 mb more than even 2.14, since it does not use clovershell. The slow transfer is the major drawback, however.

I am familiar with the original 30 changing Memory Allocation. But, if you are flashing games under 30 Mb. 2.13e can flash the highest. Games over 30 Mb, 2.14 does the best. I can still get games at close to 330 Mb on 2.17 once memory is cleared properly.

Reactions: magnum

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is having sub folders bad, will it cause errors

I'm talking sub folder like this

30 og games --->more games folder -->nes folder-->3 folders -->each of those 3 folders has about 4 folders inside games split equally
But 30 games in each
Is that going to give me errors ?

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My NESC has been acting up. Randomly when leaving a game back to the menu, the NESC shuts off. No error message. The LED goes out, and the TV loses the signal. I have to push the power button off, and then back on. The NESC then opens like nothing had happened.

But this time after I exited to menu from a Game Boy game, it shut off, and when I turned it back on, it goes to the menu for a split second before shutting off again. This repeated each time, making it unusable. Hakchi couldn't even read the NESC when it was connected and turned on. I was able to access it via FEL mode and wipe the custom kernel and restore the original. I am now going to try again, but I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Last edited by NESjimbo,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the Fba2012_CPS2 core but have a question. I don't plan on playing any neogeo games. I just want Marvel Vs. Capcom, Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter, and X-Men Vs. Street Fighter to work. What command line do I use ? /bin/neo ?

I have all of these running with mame 2003, along with qsound in my master bios module. Cps2 games run fine via mame 2003.

/bin/mame2003

My NESC has been acting up. Randomly when leaving a game back to the menu, the NESC shuts off. No error message. The LED goes out, and the TV loses the signal. I have to push the power button off, and then back on. The NESC then opens like nothing had happened.

But this time after I exited to menu from a Game Boy game, it shut off, and when I turned it back on, it goes to the menu for a split second before shutting off again. This repeated each time, making it unusable.

Hakchi couldn't even read the NESC when it was connected and turned on. I was able to access it via FEL mode and wipe the custom kernel and restore the original. I am now going to try again, but I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.

You running it from the tv, while it is plugged into the usb of computer?

30 og games --->more games folder -->nes folder-->3 folders -->each of those 3 folders has about 4 folders inside games split equally
But 30 games in each

Subfolders slightly increases chances of random, albeit, harmless c8 errors. I personally see no reason to use them. But, you can use them if you don't go overboard.

Reactions: PlaystationTV

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First I was running it from the TV, where I encountered the problems. Then I connected it to my computer for troubleshooting. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled custom kernel, reinstalled all the cores, and reloaded all the games.

I have two NESC, both with the exact same installs. I'm going to check if it happens again to both of them. If so, then I have to conclude it's a software glitch.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I was running it from the TV, where I encountered the problems. Then I connected it to my computer for troubleshooting. I've since uninstalled and reinstalled custom kernel, reinstalled all the cores, and reloaded all the games.

I have two NESC, both with the exact same installs. I'm going to check if it happens again to both of them. If so, then I have to conclude it's a software glitch.

You could also be using bad roms. That seems pretty consistent with behavior from a bad rom set.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all of these running with mame 2003, along with qsound in my master bios module. Cps2 games run fine via mame 2003.

/bin/mame2003

Subfolders slightly increases chances of random, albeit, harmless c8 errors. I personally see no reason to use them. But, you can use them if you don't go overboard.
Don't you have to use subfolders with the 30 games a folder/4 saves each game rule

Last edited by PlaystationTV,

SirCamel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, I have finally added another system (Gameboy Color) and it all works but the image is blurry, Where as the Nes is sharp. Is there a way for me to change this, Maybe a shader within retroarch?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad ROMs could affect a fresh boot-up?

There may another factor or few at work. If I had more info on your general setup, I could better clarify things.

1. You may have bad rom set

2. General c8 crashes can occur, and are harmless. These are from folder browsing.

3. Not sure how many games you are doing per folder, as well as total mb you are flashing.

4. If you do the steps outlined in my memory issue post, that may help you. And, what rom set you using? Do, they have ! In some of the titles?

Also, when powering off. It is not always a fresh boot, unless you unplug the power from the mini or whatever it is plugged into, so that it officially powers off completely, with no remnants.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, I have finally added another system (Gameboy Color) and it all works but the image is blurry, Where as the Nes is sharp. Is there a way for me to change this, Maybe a shader within retroarch?

bilinear filtering, from settings, video.

Also Select + Start does not bring up retroarch for me, I am using 2.16

Uninstall retroarch, reinstall retroarch.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Do you have it plugged into a service usb port on your tv instead of the adapter and a wall outlet? I have heard of this happening while plugged into the service port...

SirCamel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bilinear filtering, from settings, video.

Uninstall retroarch, reinstall retroarch.

When i open Modules on 2.16 it only says music_hack where as on my 2.12 it has music and retroarch.

So it doesnt let me uninstall it, Can i still dl the 0.7 and drag it onto 2.16?

Nevermind i think in have fixed it. Will come back after.

Last edited by SirCamel,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed retroarch hmod 0.7 and still cant press Select Start into retroarch, Any ideas?
You can only bring it up when your playing a game that is using retroarch. Since you only had music hack in your modules and now just have music hack and retroarch in your modules you still can't play other systems games unless you install the cores for them too that's why you can't bring it up with start and Select. For nes games they are defaulted to the factory core. Therefore aren't using retro arch so you can't use start and select. Add on two nes games, mr gimmick and batman return of the joker. Both have mapper issues with default core but will work through retroarch then during one of those games push start and select and it will then work. But only for those games. You can also add cloverapp so that you have retroarch accessible from the gui.

Reactions: ByteThis

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

But 30 games in each
In my experience the best way to organize folders is to put the original games in a separate folder. Make sure you have all your other systems in folders on the main page, so no sub folders. 25-30 NES games per folder, 12-15 SNES games per folder depending on the size of the games. Bigger games like PS1 sometimes not more then one game per folder. General rule to be safe is about 24mb per folder.

Reactions: PlaystationTV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpKupfQEKE