Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

sromeroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use picodrive in 2.15..works perfect! Check your PM...

Just before reading your message I tried picodrive.hmod from an older release (2.13) and works perfect again (picodrive 1.9.1). Thanks a lot for your help, I'll also check the one you sent me, just in case is a newer version.

Reactions: HecklerJH

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@sromeroi I think mine is from the retroarch 0.6 package..it is the whole hmod folder not just the core by itself..I found just using the core by itself seemed to be hit and miss for some reason..

Glad to hear you got it running!

Last edited by ByteThis,

marcushg85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello there, i think it would make a difference use the .hmod archives or the folders, so when you test and tell about this problems, i think is a good idea to tell if you are installing one of another

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cross-posted to Reddit...

In 2.14 my games folder is at 297MB with 660 games total. Everything plays fine with no issues.

As I was preparing to upgrade to 2.15, I immediately see in the GUI my usage total at the bottom in red letters, reading "318.2MB/300.0MB" and I receive the error message "Sorry, there are 318MBytes of games, it's too much." if I attempt to sync. This is my readout BEFORE installing *any* mods, which I'm sure will take even more space.

I wanted the benefits of the latest version, but not if it's at the cost of space which is precious on this console. Any insight into this?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In 2.14 my games folder is at 297MB with 660 games total. Everything plays fine with no issues.

As I was preparing to upgrade to 2.15, I immediately see in the GUI my usage total at the bottom in red letters, reading "318.2MB/300.0MB" and I receive the error message "Sorry, there are 318MBytes of games, it's too much." if I attempt to sync. This is my readout BEFORE installing *any* mods, which I'm sure will take even more space.

I wanted the benefits of the latest version, but not if it's at the cost of space which is precious on this console. Any insight into this?
I bet that's the reading when it's not plugged in. When it's actually plugged into hakchi it doesn't ever change from 300? Mine is 300 but when I plugged in my nes it was like 344 before mods. Now it's at 295.0 synced out of 295.8. I tried 295.8/295.8 and it wouldn't sync. Booooooo

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also is shows 20mb more because the original 30 count on the memory bar now. So that's normal. Lame duck I know

DatSpacedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, anyone know if compressing the cover art for games, before adding the images to Hakchi 2.15, free up any space on the mini to add more games than I already have at the moment?

Last edited by DatSpacedude,

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone managed to play Kyattou Ninden Teyandee and Nintendo World Championships successfully?
I got a black screen on KNT, my command line was added by "--retroarch --core nestopia"; while for NWC it freezed on the title screen.

Thanks.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone managed to play Kyattou Ninden Teyandee and Nintendo World Championships successfully?
I got a black screen on KNT, my command line was added by "--retroarch --core nestopia"; while for NWC it freezed on the title screen.

Thanks.

NWC isn't a freeze. Press Start on controller 2.

Rodney

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.

I also think you need to have a space before the " --retroarch". People never mention it but mine wouldn't load without it.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I also think you need to have a space before the " --retroarch". People never mention it but mine wouldn't load without it.

I did add the space (sorry for not mentioning it previously). I tried to change "--core nestopia" into "--core fceumm" (I remebered reading fceumm reads many mappers) but then I got a grey screen.

NWC isn't a freeze. Press Start on controller 2.

Rodney

It works! I didn't know if that was the solution (why on earth does it have to be from controller 2?), hahaha... Thanks a lot, Rodney.

bitz81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everybody.
I would like to ask what is the best wireless controller for nes mini that I can buy?? I have installed Hakchi and I would like to use also the extra buttons
in order to play SNES games. Is there a controller you recommend that I can get from Amazon (UK)?

Thank you all in advance!! :)

syndrome208

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I updated to 2.15 my SNES and Genesis games would kick me out right away as well. I watched a youtube vid of someone else updated and jotted down these notes. When I redid everything the games all worked again (though there's is now a 5 second mandatory wait time before you can quit out and have save states appear)

- Install new Hakchi

- Copy over Config, Games, Custom folder images, dump

- Uninstall modules

- Flash original kernel

- Flash Custom Kernel

- Modules, install modules you want

- *note: Retroarch is mandatory

- Select what games you want to install

- Synchonize selected games

Reinstall the modules and right after sync the games. Do not unplug or power off the NES after the modules have finished installing go directly to syncing games. Should resolve this

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody.
I would like to ask what is the best wireless controller for nes mini that I can buy?? I have installed Hakchi and I would like to use also the extra buttons
in order to play SNES games. Is there a controller you recommend that I can get from Amazon (UK)?

Thank you all in advance!! :)

Retro Reciever (with proper firmware) + Wii pro controller
Lag free, and all buttons re-assingable.

Reactions: bitz81

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: bitz81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to...