1. Seiza616

Seiza616 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok I will check...it sounds like it is a standard install as part of an update.

I also have one last question....will this program work with Windows xp as well?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks for the information. I have on last question, will this hakchi program run on Windows xp as well?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. Mad-Mega

Mad-Mega GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I am not sure, could work but i think it could be risky, and who wants to work with XP nowadays ?

3. ShaDow40

ShaDow40 Member
    Newcomer

France
    @Cluster :

ok i have change file attribut with command prompt on administrator (exemple : attrib +S chroot) for all file but except busybox. And i have same problem. After flash custom kernel and flash games on Nes Mini. The led goes off (like a successful flash) but after it turns on for 10 seconds and goes out, and it loops. (10 seconds On and 1 second OFF)

Edit :Even when I plug and switch on the Nes Mini with POWER on AC outlet it does the same

Best regards

4. Seiza616

Seiza616 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have an older computer with XP that I wanted to use to run this program as I was concerned about using my newer computer. Do think Cluster would know about XP compatibility?

5. haze028

haze028 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    clusterrr,

Many thanks for all your hard work. This is a great program, even better now I can play MicroMachines! Just sent you a donation to show my appreciation.

Two little features that I would love to see in a future update:

-Would it be possible to have an export list option added, that could export the list of games to a txt/csv file?
    -Be able to type more than first letter to jump through list. I have a large collection that I have loaded with the images so I can switch the games around as I please, would be nice to be able to spell the game out to jump to it on the list. It only recognizes the first letter.

Obvously these aren't exactly super useful implementations so I don't expect you to put time into them, just thought if they were easy enough.

Anyways. Thanks again for the time you've spent. You're a good man!

6. Gamby

Gamby Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a quick question, everything seems like it is working properly. Drivers loaded, kernal patched, led goes off after adding games but when I turn on, there are no games. I even tried deselecting Bubble Bobble and sending kernal. Bubble Bobble still there. Using lates version 2.08. I have uninstalled and restored my original dump and tried again on a different computer. Same results. Running Windows 10. Any ideas?

7. Seiza616

Seiza616 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Cluster,

Any word on whether this will work with Windows XP by chance?

8. D-an-W

D-an-W GBAtemp Regular

Hi Cluster, many thanks for the continued updates!

with 2.08, to force install the driver (Windows 8.1 didn't seem to like it) do I run NESMini_Driver.exe or installer_x64.exe please?

9. Salvo85

Salvo85 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Startropics 2 doesn't work :sad: It's an old problem with emulators, because only Statropics 1 & 2 have the odd MMC6 mapper. It would be great to find a patched rom or another solution.

Thanks Cluster for all the brilliant work so far

10. erolz

erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    I have installed 40 (E) roms and they are all working fine...

11. Mad-Mega

Mad-Mega GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If i install European games i noticed the speed differences, Battle Of Olympus is a good example, or New Ghostbusters II, if only --nes-version=[pal] would work

12. Cluster

OP Cluster GBAtemp Fan

Serbia, Republic of
    I think that I understand. Seems like Linux can't find init file for some reason. Or... It has windows \r\n line endings. Git automatically changes line endings before uploading to remote server. I will update files on github.

Thank you! I already received several requests for export/import feature. The only thing left is to decide how to make it simple to use.
    Full text search is good idea too.

Yes, I tested it on my old laptop. But don't forget to install .NET framework because it's not preinstalled on XP.

First one. It's possible that you will be need to disable driver signature check.

It's pretty easy to patch, the only difference between MMC3 and MMC6 is PRG-RAM protection. I don't sure but probably I already created patch for Startropics 2 when I worked with coolboy cartridges. I'll check.

D-an-W likes this.
  13. Ciccio8412

Ciccio8412 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I need original kernel because when i update the tool i delete dump folder and now i have the dump of the custom kernel (infact when the tool syncronize roms it dump the kernel already patched and it advise me that kernel has unknown cecksum). How i can write PM?

14. ANIJA

ANIJA Newbie
    Newcomer

nesito likes this.
  15. Hacking_Myself

Hacking_Myself Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    How can I patch Battletoads & Robocop 3 to work properly on NES mini?

16. darkxero

darkxero Member
    Newcomer

Any possibility of a work around to save memory (background workers maybe), lower image quality / resolution of covers, advance hack?, in order to increase game amount :)

17. Hacking_Myself

Hacking_Myself Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Cluster likes this.
  18. Cluster

OP Cluster GBAtemp Fan

Serbia, Republic of
    Delete them at all... They are uncompressed in RAM, so there are no point to decrease quality.

19. Vicfr21

Vicfr21 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Does american roms run well onde european nes?
    Or it is better to put same region rom for the best experience?

20. Cluster

OP Cluster GBAtemp Fan

Serbia, Republic of
    I found source code for gamepad driver on Nintendo site (yes, it's open source), also it uses SDL2. So I think it's possible to map reset on combination of buttons.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,