Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you cluster!, and all that have made this possible!
Have an EU nes, and all is working fine ;) Is there an working rom for battletoads ? a have all the NES roms, in an iso package, full of goodies, but none of the us are working. keep freezing in level 2. Somebody who has an working one?

heron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman 1, when you select a stage and the boss jumps down you can see a lagging motion smear. Is this happening to anyone else?

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Megaman 1, when you select a stage and the boss jumps down you can see a lagging motion smear. Is this happening to anyone else?
That's the emulators anti-seizure filter thing. Any games that use a bright flashing screen effect behave the same in the emulator.

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there chaps. HELP. I have been trying to do this for hours now, and its driving me crazy haha..

I have dumped the kernel, and when it goes to install the custom kernel it says " the system cannot find the file specified, please try again"

Has anyone managed to get past this stage? I have read all 30 pages, lol.....:(
Unzipping the hakchi2.zip with 7zip might solve the problem. DON'T USE Winrar

mamezy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have lost lots of sleep

I have Hakchi 2.06

tried on win 7 machine I can here the unit detested but no msg come up saying found nes or anything (not sure how to install drivers, tried Zadig also)
I also tried win10 machine same thing cannot get it to dump kernal all it says waiting for nes

if I don't go to fel mode and just connect usb cable and power on nes normally it detects it as nesy

does some have hakchi v2.05? or maybe tell me how to install drivers manually from folder or zadig pls

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, this is a very noob question, but I have zero programming experience, but NEEED to add games to the Classic. Is this something I could accomplish (for example following the instructional video from earlier on in the thread) or am I just asking to brick my system? Any input is appreciated!
Cluster programmed it so all you have to do is click the buttons and follow the instructions. There is very little risk to brick it as you have a original kernel or someone here can send you one if you delete your original kernel.
I posted a video way back just search the thread or use google to find a video.

beanereno3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings @Cluster. Your work is amazing! I have successfully used your tool since day one and it's fantastic! I have a little issue with my audio not syncing properly and was wondering if you could provide some insight.

When flashed with the custom kernel the audio is out of sync, but if I change to a different hdmi and plug it in, audio will sync. Once I power down and boot back up the audio delay is back. I can switch it to a digfferent hdmi and it will be synced again but once I power down and boot it back up the delay is back... As well, once I re flash it to the original kernel everything is fine and I can power down and back up 500 times with no audio sync issues on all the hdmi ports and cords... could it be something in the custom kernel for the hdmi?

Forgive me if I'm off base or if my fix is simple, but its very frustrating having to keep switching hdmi connections to get the audio to sync. Any thoughts or anybody else have this random issue?

Last edited by beanereno3,

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have lost lots of sleep

I have Hakchi 2.06

tried on win 7 machine I can here the unit detested but no msg come up saying found nes or anything (not sure how to install drivers, tried Zadig also)
I also tried win10 machine same thing cannot get it to dump kernal all it says waiting for nes

if I don't go to fel mode and just connect usb cable and power on nes normally it detects it as nesy

does some have hakchi v2.05? or maybe tell me how to install drivers manually from folder or zadig pls
RUN the program without the NES attached.
RUN Kernel Dump Original
Instructions will pop up
Press install driver in the instruction box
Then once the drivers install boot the nest into FEL mode

mamezy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have done those steps so many times v2.06 does not install driver automatically anymore I need older hakchi like v2.0.5 and below v 2.0.6 auto driver install was removed to too many flase positive alerts by anti virus

Jiminy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also am having a hard time getting the driver to install. i have tried zadig. have tried moving the .dll files into system32. nothing seems to work. i think brining back the automatic driver install is needed.
otherwise i am stuck. whats weird is that my computer recognizes the nes mini by making a sound when it powers on and off and in device manager it lists a dirver there for it. but despite that when i go to synchronize new games its stuck on 'waiting for nes'

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I have done those steps so many times v2.06 does not install driver automatically anymore I need older hakchi like v2.0.5 and below v 2.0.6 auto driver install was removed to too many flase positive alerts by anti virus
I posted my files in the thread somewhere. just use the search tool to locate it.

nvm here it is:https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dejziau890d4ho/hakchi2.zip?dl=0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does hakchi work with a Famicom Mini? Any impressions?
Yes a friend of mine did it.

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I reverse engineered system font of NES Mini and created another one with all latin characters and digits. So game names like "1943" and "Megaman 3" will work now. I'll release this version soon.

@Cluster sent you a donation thru PayPal! transaction # 55770781c6964561s
Thanks again
Thank you very much! This is really helps me.

Only 1 question...

Where is the limit?.... Yes the question is to know how many games can we put?. How we know how many free space we still have?.
No one knows exactly. I have not tested it with >60 games. I just don't know so many great games with compartible mappers.

I've read this thread since it started and I went through the process without any issues thanks. I added 25 games so far and I'm having a problem with the last couple I want to add. Super Mario Bros. 2 the lost levels and the Nintendo world championship 1990. Are both titles know to have issues or have people found Roms of those two games that work?
You can add original FDS ROM of Super Mario Bros. 2. It's really easy to find. Nintendo World Championship 1990 will not work on this emulator because it's using very unique mapper created only for this cartridge.

I think that someone will port some good emulator to NES Mini like fceux or nestopia. Sooner or later.

Reactions: heron and zfreeman

Pikkon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the same Error (C6: This suspend point is not usable. Please delete the suspend point from the suspend point.) with Super Mario Bros. 2 (FDS) and 3D Hot Rally (FDS)

I installed other cartridge games later, those work without error. And I even reset the system to clear it of all suspend points. Still no luck.

After that, I tried some other FDS Games like Yume Kojou Doki Doki Panic and Vs. Excitebike, with the original games deactivated and a total of 30 additional games installed (With less then 30, the menu didn't react to controller input anymore).

Still no luck. All FDS Games didn't start with that C6 Error.

I'm using Hackchi2 v2.06.

The only fds game that works for me is Ai Senshi Nicol.

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I reverse engineered system font of NES Mini and created another one with all latin characters and digits. So game names like "1943" and "Megaman 3" will work now. I'll release this version soon.

3 used to work it's from 4 that is not :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021